The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forum update coming, what do you want?

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
These fonts and glyphs are hard for me to read. Their color also seems muted. Other people might not have this issue.

1685126719436.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
382%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
How about having a beginner section which is open to the public, and then those that prove they deserve to be part of the community get promoted to "Fastlaners" user group - or something like that.

Basically having 3 tiers of users:
  • Beginners (public)
  • Fastlaners (private)
  • INSIDERS (private and paywall $)
I agree with this, Id prefer to have less idiots, but my only fear is that people may not even have access to active contribution. Is my annoyance a priority over giving people an opportunity to contribute (just like when I first started)?

The intros section is a key example of this. We get so many drive-bys. But if you have a brain, you learn pretty quick you have to find a way to contribute to others if you want to be a part of the community. Wether that be liking stuff, saying thank you, putting in two cents, making insightful posts, doesn't matter.

The forum is absolutely life changing, the beginning of empires are built here. I'd hate to think we'd scare people off because the positive feedback loop is not there.

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Awesome how the Forum keeps evolving! Much respect!

4) More options to ignore certain content.
Love it! Maybe a button to move it to the archive so somebody doesn't see it anymore at all?

A dark theme would be really cool, background color in black and font color in white, like what Youtube, Gmail, and other platforms use.
+1 !!
When you follow someone it should notify you when they post otherwise why follow them
+1 !! A lot of great people I follow, but don't get notifications of their postings.
Now I search them manually and look it up.

Bring back the rep $$ bank thing
Can somebody explain this to me?

I use TFLF on mobile so it'd be interesting to see post to signal percentage on mobile.
Put it on landscape mode and you can see it.

Id love to see who is the creator of the thread when browsing threads not just who wrote most recent reply.
+1!!

If at all possible, maybe people near you/state/country
+1!! Also for local meet-up possibilities, maybe a search function as well?
Yesterday we had a meet-up with six Fastlane members, it was awesome!

For the first time in 15 years I'm thinking about making the forum private, and invite only. I have no idea how that would look or operate, so let's just say, it is more fantasy than reality.
How about having a beginner section which is open to the public, and then those that prove they deserve to be part of the community get promoted to "Fastlaners" user group - or something like that.

• Beginners (public)
  • Fastlaners (private)
Agree! Curious how this would look like and what the qualifications would be though.

The forum is absolutely life changing, the beginning of empires are built here. I'd hate to think we'd scare people off because the positive feedback loop is not there.
Keep it inclusive, but a bit higher ENTRY for spammers.

---
Suggestion:
  • Possibility to place an introduction video on my profile of max 60 seconds. (would make it more personal in my opinion)
  • A single 'mentors' topic on all the legends on the forum. Their specialty and who are open to giving advice?
    Saw a few threads on this, but to be able to easily seek out without being able to spam them would be perfect.
Thanks!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Pretty trivial one, racially sensitive emojis, feels weird doing a white thumbs up.

Although my emoji bar seems to have disappeared.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Would anyone have an interest in a Random Lifestyle, Hobby and Enjoyment thread?

This thread would be very similar to the Random Chat thread except related to specifically to lifestyle updates from members. For example, if you're hiking up a mountain, share your pics. If you're entering a boxing competition, let us know. If you're at a conference, post pictures.

If you're on a fishing boat and drinking a margarita, let us know!

I love seeing and hearing what others are doing around the world.

Very similar to the desktop thread which showcases people's workspaces.

Basically something like this which I posted the other day...

View: https://twitter.com/MJDeMarco/status/1660096568337506304?s=20

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
511%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas

• Beginners (public)
  • Fastlaners (private)
I like this idea.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Would anyone have an interest in a Random Lifestyle, Hobby and Enjoyment thread?

This thread would be very similar to the Random Chat thread except related to specifically to lifestyle updates from members. For example, if you're hiking up a mountain, share your pics. If you're entering a boxing competition, let us know. If you're at a conference, post pictures.

I thought about having a thread of how we are spending and enjoying all our money to give people ideas and motivation, but it might be a bit instagram douchebaggy

This sounds like a good way to do that

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

Yes

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019

Yes. Sometimes, it has a big impact to see relaxing and fun activities/photos of people and what they do. I think in that thread I would go if I have a hard day. To remind me why I am doing this. +1

ImmortalFounder

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Jun 2, 2023
Are you open to the idea of moving to another platform? If so, what would you need from another platform in order to consider switching over?

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
The forum software is due to be updated and as I embark on this project (it can take some time) I'd like to hear if there are any features you'd like to see. Unfortunately, I won't be moving platforms so I do have some limitations on what can be done, and not done.

I also have access to developer who might be able to implement non-custom features.

Some things I've identified:

1) The search function sucks balls. This needs upgrading.
2) Content discovery is poor. There needs to be better categorization for content discovery, for example, if you want to find posts on YouTube or eCom.
3) Custom notifications on what you want notices on.
5) Keyword notices: Get notified when keywords appear in posts.

Obviously I can listen to suggestions, but they are often dependent on the platform which the software uses, which as many of you know, I do not like.
Instead of an improved search only, what about a chatGPT-style chatbot that learns from accounts with a minimum Value/Post Ratio, TMF and Unscripted . Might be tough to implement but instead of all the 'can you mentor me' threads, it might be a fun experiment to have the forum's knowledge digested by AI so that users can then query...closest thing to a fastlane mentor? Of course this might lead to some unintended consequences but I'm sure some can be anticipated and negated.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
A thread for links to funny videos.

Last edited:

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019
Subfolders of the watched threads.it would be nice to make folders with names and when we save/watch a thread , to be able to put in that directory. For example, I want to save a thread that is related to ecom. I would create a subfolder with ecom and put in there. If you save a lot of threads, it can get messy .

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Additional search categories - personal preference would include product development.

Add skill sets to profiles and make them searchable.

TheJon

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Aug 7, 2022
Philadelphia PA - USA
I'd like to be able to drag this divider around. Sometimes I just want to see all the topics on mobile or more of the recent posts Screenshot_20230603_225501_Chrome.jpg

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
The forum software is due to be updated and as I embark on this project (it can take some time) I'd like to hear if there are any features you'd like to see. Unfortunately, I won't be moving platforms so I do have some limitations on what can be done, and not done.

I also have access to developer who might be able to implement non-custom features.

Some things I've identified:

1) The search function sucks balls. This needs upgrading.
2) Content discovery is poor. There needs to be better categorization for content discovery, for example, if you want to find posts on YouTube or eCom.
3) Custom notifications on what you want notices on.
5) Keyword notices: Get notified when keywords appear in posts.

Obviously I can listen to suggestions, but they are often dependent on the platform which the software uses, which as many of you know, I do not like.
I think the UI should be more easy to use and more user-friendly like other apps like Instagram, Youtube, etc.

Also, can you please add push notifications on the iOS Safari browser?

Last edited:

Coolledge

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 21, 2023
Gran Canaria

• Beginners (public)
  • Fastlaners (private)
Another way (expanding a bit) i guess is is to use the speedpoints to say "You can read this, but you cant comment on this thread unless you have <number> speedpoints."

I guess this could be leveraged further too in other ways

I guess my worry there here, its similar to what stack overflow does, and stackoverflow became toxic. But here is a different kind of users.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

• Beginners (public)
  • Fastlaners (private)
Haven't we sort of got this already?

I mean we have main forum, Speedway and INSIDERS at the moment.

Maybe rather than adding more paywalls or invite only to keep out newbies, we could move some of the existing sections in the main forum into the Speedway? This would reduce the amount of "spam" or "drive by comments" on those sections.

For example, theoretically, the "Mindset and self development", "Networking, Meetups", "Gurus, Coaches and Trainers", "Health and Fitness" and "Books and educating yourself" sections could be moved into the Speedway.

The only thing that bothers me, is that the Speedway has been around for a while and it doesn't get that much use. Maybe because those other sections are outside the Speedway, people are expected or incentivised to post in the main forum and that explains the low utilisation of the Speedway.

Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Haven't we sort of got this already?

I mean we have main forum, Speedway and INSIDERS at the moment.

Maybe rather than adding more paywalls or invite only to keep out newbies, we could move some of the existing sections in the main forum into the Speedway? This would reduce the amount of "spam" or "drive by comments" on those sections.

For example, theoretically, the "Mindset and self development", "networking, meetups", "Gurus, Coaches and Trainers","Health and Fitness" and "Books and educating yourself" sections could be moved into the Speedway.

The only thing that bothers me, is that the Speedway has been around for a while and it doesn't get that much use. Maybe because those other sections are outside the Speedway, people are expected or incentivised to post in the main forum and that explains the low utilisation of the Speedway.
I thought the speedway was just for posts you didn’t want indexed by Google

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I thought the speedway was just for posts you didn’t want indexed by Google
Well, yes it is, but newbies aren't given access straight away. You have to earn your "Speedway Pass", by earning 100 likes on your posts.

So to use myself as an example, I made my first post on Nov 17, 2022 and earned my Speedway Pass on Jan 8, 2023.

So, it's both "not Google indexed" and "drive-by free". If you see what I mean?

The only downside I can see with this is, if we put more content into the Speedway, will we struggle to find it? Because we couldn't use Google to search for it and the forum search is, shall we say, "less than perfect".

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Some of you might have noticed that I switched out the main form panel that shows the latest activity of the forum.

While this one is a bit more simplistic, it has more customization features.

Here's how to best use it so you can customize your forum experience.

First, if you want to ignore any thread in the list, hover over the thread and click the Ignore Icon.
To bookmark any thread, click the Bookmark Icon.
To report, same thing.

See below.

View attachment 32013

Next, you can customize how many threads you want in the summary. Click the GEAR ICON (settings) and select the # of threads you want displayed.
You can also set to ignore certain forums... for example, "The Mens Room" or "Off Topic" conversations.

See below...
View attachment 32014

And finally, if you don't want to see this panel at all, you can set your preferences to eliminate it entirely.
Click "Preferences" in your Profile, and select "Hide Statistics Widget"

View attachment 32015

Some other notes...

-- The number of THREAD REPLIES looks to only appear on LAPTOP and DESKTOP configs, narrow screen widths (phone/tablets) will block this.
-- The panel auto-refreshes and "dings" any new updates of threads. If you don't want to hear the "ding" -- you can mute it by pressing the mute.
-- The developer of this seems to be pretty active, so hopefully the presentation will improve as time moves ahead.
-- Certain threads/links can be pinned, this might be offered as an advertising option in the future, not sure yet as I haven't quite figured out how to administrate it yet.
Any chance of the bookmark feature coming to mobile screens in the upcoming update?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Haven’t been here in a while, so seeing things with fresh eyes. A few things stand out on mobile (on iPhone / safari). Not sure what’s a software limitation or not.

Remove the “Latest activity” section. Takes up half the screen and delivers no value. ( I don’t care about who liked what 30 seconds ago. This section is less annoying on desktop).

Add infinite scroll on “latest posts”. It randomly stops and won’t let me scroll further. Infinite scroll works fine on desktop though.

Even better if latest posts was the only thing on mobile home page. Send everything else (forum categories etc.) to the hamburger menu.

Tags/categories in line thread topics would help give useful context on what the thread might be about (shows on desktop: Gold/Mindset/Off-Topic etc. but doesn't show on mobile).

Seeing who started the thread more important than who the latest reply was (again, gives context before you click).

As is, I don’t think I’ll use the forum on mobile again. Pretty frustrating to use. On desktop it’s a lot better.

Last edited:

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia

Would love that actually!

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Search for threads started by user X. I swear this worked in the past but I can't find it anymore.

Edit: Lol nvm, I found it. It's on the user's profile page. So maybe add it to the advanced search.

Last edited:

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Get notifications whenever any of my following user posts something, otherwise what is the point of following a user.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Heads up...

I likely will be getting off the Xenforo platform and moving to a new forum system in the next 60 days. I'm done waiting for Xenforo to put forth a platform that doesn't feel like it is stuck in 2008.

This platform hasn't evolved into the current era and is currently mostly dependent on 3rd party developers (many of which are terribly frustrated as I am) and unfortunately, it has made this place tougher to manage, grow, and facilitate.

The time has come and right now its just a matter of scheduling the move.

Advanced warning: It will be disruptive. It will be risky. And it will be a culture shock around here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.