The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Forum problems with Chrome & IE

The Entrepreneur's Forum for learning how to build wealth and financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join our forum with more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I usually run Chrome. For some reason embedded videos have recently not been loading. I loaded up the same URL in IE and there was the video.

But I noticed there were actually SEVERAL differences. I'm guessing these are not intended?

TFLF.gif

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MoneyPhantom

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Aug 6, 2017
Germany
Everything looks normal for me in Chrome (70.0.3538.67 64bit). Did you try disabling any installed extensions?

P.S. Love the "Internet Exploder" :rofl:

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Everything looks normal for me in Chrome (70.0.3538.67 64bit). Did you try disabling any installed extensions?
You see sigs in Chrome? What platform?

The problem with Chrome not showing embedded videos may be an issue on my laptop. It started recently and doesn't happen on my iPad.

I disabled my ad blockers &etc, but I still don't see sigs in Chrome on my laptop. I also don't see them in Chrome on my phone or iPad, and they don't have any extensions at all. I don't normally use IE, so it doesn't have any extensions either.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This happens to me on Chrome on this page "Books Fastlaners Recommend" it doesn't appear any books for me, I have to use IE in order for them to show up, I have my permission for java, flash etc..

Disable your ad blocker -- anyone who doesn't see the books has an ad blocker on their browser.

@garyfritz - are you logged in? It doesn't look like it.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
If its not the adblocker, open the chrome console and see if its spewing any errors there.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Missing buttons tends to mean you aren't logged in. You can't like/thanks a post if the system cannot recognize the user as registered and logged in.

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
@garyfritz - are you logged in? It doesn't look like it.
D'oh!! Sorry MJ, you're right. I opened IE to check on the embedded videos, but I never logged in on the IE session. Then I noticed the buttons were missing.

OK, so the missing buttons issue is user error, and the problem with embedded videos is probably a problem with Chrome on my laptop.

There's still the issue of missing sigs (in Chrome on Windows, iOS, and Android, logged in on all of 'em), but that's pretty minor. But here's an interesting quirk: I only see the sigs on IE when I'm not logged in. Log in on IE, and they go away. Log out and they come back. And in fact I just realized the same is true on Chrome -- I didn't see sigs because I was logged in. Log out of Chrome and the sigs appear.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore