The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Forum problems with Chrome & IE

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Summit Attendee
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I usually run Chrome. For some reason embedded videos have recently not been loading. I loaded up the same URL in IE and there was the video.

But I noticed there were actually SEVERAL differences. I'm guessing these are not intended?

TFLF.gif

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MoneyPhantom

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 6, 2017
Germany
Everything looks normal for me in Chrome (70.0.3538.67 64bit). Did you try disabling any installed extensions?

P.S. Love the "Internet Exploder" :rofl:

Diogo Santos

New Contributor
Jun 7, 2015
This happens to me on Chrome on this page "Books Fastlaners Recommend" it doesn't appear any books for me, I have to use IE in order for them to show up, I have my permission for java, flash etc..

OP
OP
garyfritz

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Summit Attendee
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
Everything looks normal for me in Chrome (70.0.3538.67 64bit). Did you try disabling any installed extensions?
You see sigs in Chrome? What platform?

The problem with Chrome not showing embedded videos may be an issue on my laptop. It started recently and doesn't happen on my iPad.

I disabled my ad blockers &etc, but I still don't see sigs in Chrome on my laptop. I also don't see them in Chrome on my phone or iPad, and they don't have any extensions at all. I don't normally use IE, so it doesn't have any extensions either.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
This happens to me on Chrome on this page "Books Fastlaners Recommend" it doesn't appear any books for me, I have to use IE in order for them to show up, I have my permission for java, flash etc..
Disable your ad blocker -- anyone who doesn't see the books has an ad blocker on their browser.

@garyfritz - are you logged in? It doesn't look like it.

DVU

In Progress
Speedway Pass
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
If its not the adblocker, open the chrome console and see if its spewing any errors there.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Missing buttons tends to mean you aren't logged in. You can't like/thanks a post if the system cannot recognize the user as registered and logged in.

OP
OP
garyfritz

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Summit Attendee
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
@garyfritz - are you logged in? It doesn't look like it.
D'oh!! Sorry MJ, you're right. I opened IE to check on the embedded videos, but I never logged in on the IE session. Then I noticed the buttons were missing.

OK, so the missing buttons issue is user error, and the problem with embedded videos is probably a problem with Chrome on my laptop.

There's still the issue of missing sigs (in Chrome on Windows, iOS, and Android, logged in on all of 'em), but that's pretty minor. But here's an interesting quirk: I only see the sigs on IE when I'm not logged in. Log in on IE, and they go away. Log out and they come back. And in fact I just realized the same is true on Chrome -- I didn't see sigs because I was logged in. Log out of Chrome and the sigs appear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom