• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Forum problems with Chrome & IE

Discussion in 'Forum News, Updates, & FAQs' started by garyfritz, Oct 20, 2018.

1. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,963
    I usually run Chrome. For some reason embedded videos have recently not been loading. I loaded up the same URL in IE and there was the video.

But I noticed there were actually SEVERAL differences. I'm guessing these are not intended?

TFLF.gif

MoneyPhantom likes this.
  2. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,446
  3. MoneyPhantom

MoneyPhantom Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $289
    Everything looks normal for me in Chrome (70.0.3538.67 64bit). Did you try disabling any installed extensions?

P.S. Love the "Internet Exploder" :rofl:

4. Diogo Santos

Diogo Santos New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $161
    This happens to me on Chrome on this page "Books Fastlaners Recommend" it doesn't appear any books for me, I have to use IE in order for them to show up, I have my permission for java, flash etc..

5. garyfritz

garyfritz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,963
    You see sigs in Chrome? What platform?

The problem with Chrome not showing embedded videos may be an issue on my laptop. It started recently and doesn't happen on my iPad.

I disabled my ad blockers &etc, but I still don't see sigs in Chrome on my laptop. I also don't see them in Chrome on my phone or iPad, and they don't have any extensions at all. I don't normally use IE, so it doesn't have any extensions either.

6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,432
    Admin Post
    Disable your ad blocker -- anyone who doesn't see the books has an ad blocker on their browser.

@garyfritz - are you logged in? It doesn't look like it.

Diogo Santos likes this.
  7. DVU

DVU In Progress Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,630
    If its not the adblocker, open the chrome console and see if its spewing any errors there.

8. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,432
    Admin Post
    Missing buttons tends to mean you aren't logged in. You can't like/thanks a post if the system cannot recognize the user as registered and logged in.

9. garyfritz

Rep Bank:
    $3,963
    D'oh!! Sorry MJ, you're right. I opened IE to check on the embedded videos, but I never logged in on the IE session. Then I noticed the buttons were missing.

OK, so the missing buttons issue is user error, and the problem with embedded videos is probably a problem with Chrome on my laptop.

There's still the issue of missing sigs (in Chrome on Windows, iOS, and Android, logged in on all of 'em), but that's pretty minor. But here's an interesting quirk: I only see the sigs on IE when I'm not logged in. Log in on IE, and they go away. Log out and they come back. And in fact I just realized the same is true on Chrome -- I didn't see sigs because I was logged in. Log out of Chrome and the sigs appear.

10. MoneyPhantom

MoneyPhantom Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $289
    Yes, I do. Logged in, Chrome on Windows 10.