The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forex - The ultimate Fastlane (?)

Anything related to investing, including crypto

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
I know that its very hard to make any money consistently for a long period of time with forex trading but I've seen pro traders saying that an average of 8%/month is pretty doable if you put the effort.

Why isn't forex mentioned as one of the best fastlane options?

Pros
- You can work from anywhere as long as you have a laptop and internet.
- Flexible hours (Market 24/7)
- No bosses or direct contact with customers.
- No selling
- No networking
- Acquire useful knowledge about global markets, trends, finance and economics.
- There is no limit on how much you can make (or lose too) unless you use stops.

Cons
- Requires a high level of personal skills (patience, risk management, data analysis, economics...)
- Requires emotional intelligence
- High risk
- Addictive
- Checking charts and news daily
- Constant ups and downs

Last night I was thinking on what skill should I focus on this year and a routine of a trader is really what I'm looking for, independent, flexible, high risk and high reward, fast pace, agressive and competitive. Besides that I've read that most of the pro traders uses robots and system so they just need to put something like 2hour of work per day.

I live a really simple life and my cost of living is really low so If I start with 50k and average 4% monthly(2k), I could consider myself to be free from the 9-5 world, of course I know that there is a long road before seeing any profit and the majority of traders lose money but we aren't the majority here, right?!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pesh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Feb 9, 2018
That Place
Realistic monthly returns for a Forex trader?

Anywhere from 2-20% for retail traders and Wall St traders 12-20%

So in total a modest 14%-40% return per month (or ~170-480% per year) made by them professional and smart retail traders.

Wondering where that “doable” amount of money comes from. Must be the banks and the multi billion hedge funds. They do seem like the stupidest and the least prepared from the lot :)

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere

It's not a business.

Your goal is $2k/month (kind of small, but whatever). There are a lot easier, and less stressful, ways to make $2k/month than Forex trading.

JG17

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Oct 22, 2018
London, UK
I don't see how trading can be the ultimate fastlane if it requires a lot of time and manual effort on your part. Maybe it could be the ultimate lifestyle according to your goals but I wouldn't call it a fastlane or even a business.

Not an answer to the OP but do you guys outside of the UK get a lot of Forex gurus on Instagram, advertising their luxury lifestyle along the lines of:

"I'm so successful at Forex trading by the age of 22 that I don't want to spend all day doing what I'm actually good at i.e. trading, instead I want to help YOU become financially free! All you need to do is let me set you up an account with a broker that I have an affiliate partnership with and I will then receive a % of your deposit (or a flat fee per sign up) and you'll get access to a 90 day free trial for my signals and be able to earn hundreds per month following my trades! Don't worry about how I have time to do all of this and maintain my status as a top tier Forex trader, and by the way it's none of your business why I still live with my parents even though I'm so successful"

Seriously I am seeing a huge amount of these people pop up in the past 24 months and really can't believe people are stupid enough to believe it.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
do you guys outside of the UK get a lot of Forex gurus on Instagram, advertising their luxury lifestyle along the lines of:

"I'm so successful at Forex trading by the age of 22 that I don't want to spend all day doing what I'm actually good at i.e. trading, instead I want to help YOU become financially free! All you need to do is let me set you up an account with a broker that I have an affiliate partnership with and I will then receive a % of your deposit (or a flat fee per sign up) and you'll get access to a 90 day free trial for my signals and be able to earn hundreds per month following my trades! Don't worry about how I have time to do all of this and maintain my status as a top tier Forex trader, and by the way it's none of your business why I still live with my parents even though I'm so successful"

All day every day on the newspapers (they probably just started on IG). Been seeing this since several years ago or earlier, probably even a decade ago. The same exact style of writing.

ljean

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jan 22, 2017
USA
Go explore autumngold.com and iasg.com to review the actual documented returns of professional futures and forex traders. Ignore any track records < 10 yrs and keep in mind there is significant survivorship bias. It will be a sorely needed reality check as to what is feasible in this business. I have a feeling you will be disappointed.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
If you start with 50k its doable to have some money system income.
But it wont make you millions.

If I could make it to work as a system, anything above 5% would be worthy.

So in total a modest 14%-40% return per month (or ~170-480% per year) made by them professional and smart retail traders.

Wondering where that “doable” amount of money comes from. Must be the banks and the multi billion hedge funds. They do seem like the stupidest and the least prepared from the lot :)

If somebody is winning, somebody is losing. This is where the " 90% of traders lose money " is applied.

A) you linked a forum full of people who are speculating

B) those percentages you wrote above are yearly and not monthly

C) why are you asking us if you believe in it? You don’t need our (or anybody else’s) permission

A) Its a high risk investment, of course people are speculating.
B) Some users mention Monthly and others Yearly.
C) Im not asking for permission, just a reality check from someone who already tried.

It's not a business.

Your goal is $2k/month (kind of small, but whatever). There are a lot easier, and less stressful, ways to make $2k/month than Forex trading.

Would you mind to mention a few? Im open for ideas. I just need 2k/Month to live.

I don't see how trading can be the ultimate fastlane if it requires a lot of time and manual effort on your part. Maybe it could be the ultimate lifestyle according to your goals but I wouldn't call it a fastlane or even a business.

Not an answer to the OP but do you guys outside of the UK get a lot of Forex gurus on Instagram, advertising their luxury lifestyle along the lines of:

Seriously I am seeing a huge amount of these people pop up in the past 24 months and really can't believe people are stupid enough to believe it.

I've done a deep research on the subject and seems like its really hard to get started (profitable) and after that you could trading using a system and would make your life easier.

And there are scams like that in any field " I've lost 10pounds in one week with this magic diet " .

Go explore autumngold.com and iasg.com to review the actual documented returns of professional futures and forex traders. Ignore any track records < 10 yrs and keep in mind there is significant survivorship bias. It will be a sorely needed reality check as to what is feasible in this business. I have a feeling you will be disappointed.

I've checked both and didn't found the directory with the files.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I think the fact that you need a sizable chunk of money to start with to even make this worthwhile, and that you need to invest time to even make it work automatically make this NOT fastlane. How about the fact that its speculation and a million factors outside your control can cause it to tumble down to nothing.

I think there is a disconnect here between what fastlane is, and what potentially "get rich quick" are.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
I think the fact that you need a sizable chunk of money to start with to even make this worthwhile, and that you need to invest time to even make it work automatically make this NOT fastlane. How about the fact that its speculation and a million factors outside your control can cause it to tumble down to nothing.

I think there is a disconnect here between what fastlane is, and what potentially "get rich quick" are.

You don't need that much of money to start plus there are simulators to practice until you find a system that works.
In any enterprise you will need to put some working hours and there are things like Stop Loss (where you can limit how much you can afford to lose)
But Im just getting started with the basics so you may have some reason besides this, its a lifestyle attractive for me... No boss, only my laptop and I, flexible working hours...This is my dream.
I don't how this works in the real world but the idea of sleeping while a robot runs a system to make money for me sounds like a fastlane for me.

C - Not at all but you can use stops.
E - Easy to get started, hard to stay. Requires a high level of certain skills.
N - Not
T - Robots can do the heavy work
S - Systems (automation) - requires monitoring and eventual adjustments. I don't know if compound interest can count as scale.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
The problem is, your expectations about everything in this project/idea are wrong.

I'll point out just 1 of them.

You mentioned $50k and 4% return being $2k. Yes that is the math, but that is NOT how you trade Forex ( or crypto or stock, etc ). You will be bankrupt in 2-5 trades once you start.

You never, never, never, ever use 100% of your bankroll. This is how noobs lose their shirt and more.

You only risk maybe a few % of your bankroll per trade. This way if you get into a bad trade you can exit quickly and do another trade. This way, if you only risk 2% of your bankroll per trade, you can lose many times before you are "out" to try to regain and move up. If you risk 100%, you will be hurting by your 5th trade big time.

It doesn't matter how many times you "practice" on a demo account, playing with real money is different.

This is just ONE example of how your expectations of how this works is very wrong.

I am not trying to scold you or be harsh, but you really have a while to go to understand how this really works before jumping in.

If you are hoping to use $50k and get 4% to profit you $2k per month, you need a bankroll of a couple million to play with so you don't end up at $0 after 5 trades.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
The problem is, your expectations about everything in this project/idea are wrong.

I'll point out just 1 of them.

You mentioned $50k and 4% return being $2k. Yes that is the math, but that is NOT how you trade Forex ( or crypto or stock, etc ). You will be bankrupt in 2-5 trades once you start.

You never, never, never, ever use 100% of your bankroll. This is how noobs lose their shirt and more.

You only risk maybe a few % of your bankroll per trade. This way if you get into a bad trade you can exit quickly and do another trade. This way, if you only risk 2% of your bankroll per trade, you can lose many times before you are "out" to try to regain and move up. If you risk 100%, you will be hurting by your 5th trade big time.

It doesn't matter how many times you "practice" on a demo account, playing with real money is different.

This is just ONE example of how your expectations of how this works is very wrong.

I am not trying to scold you or be harsh, but you really have a while to go to understand how this really works before jumping in.

If you are hoping to use $50k and get 4% to profit you $2k per month, you need a bankroll of a couple million to play with so you don't end up at $0 after 5 trades.

wreckingball.jpeg

I guess I should just forget about Forex, unrealistic expectations :(

By now I can't think about anything else to start, Im starting to few sick with all this energy burning inside me while Im sitting here on my cubicle.

I will just resell some pens to build some momentum and expect some eureka.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@raad182 damn, dude. didn't know this thread was going on too.....

stop asking. start doing. while you are doing, paths will open up. opportunities will present themselves. you will learn much and then be able to set a path.

you are in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean. you have no idea which way to go to reach land (success).
- if you sit still, you are F*cked
- if you start rowing, even in the wrong direction, you will do two things:
1. determine if that was the right direction
2. you will get F*cking stronger. so when you do see land, you will get there more quickly.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
@raad182 damn, dude. didn't know this thread was going on too.....

stop asking. start doing. while you are doing, paths will open up. opportunities will present themselves. you will learn much and then be able to set a path.

you are in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean. you have no idea which way to go to reach land (success).
- if you sit still, you are f*cked
- if you start rowing, even in the wrong direction, you will do two things:
1. determine if that was the right direction
2. you will get f*cking stronger. so when you do see land, you will get there more quickly.

I just felt like my mom catched me doing something wrong lol

But yes man, you are right and today was really good to read your words and the others users here.
I was expecting some support from the forum but seems like people here are really interested in helping others and I really appreciate.

Thanks for your time and words, tonight I will spend some time alone to digest the advices I've received today and press the " action " button.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
DO something between now and 6p today. You have 3 hours to start your journey. Use them!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yes, it is the ultimate Fastlane.

Not trading it, but convincing people they can make 15% a month doing it, and then sell them the whole kit-and-kaboodle; training programs, seminars, books, trade strategies/alerts, bots, and boom!! Fastlane!

Every week you'll have a new batch of young believers yet to be burned by reality!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm a skeptic and a believer in Forex.

Skeptic in that it tends to attract money chasers who just want to make money.

Believer in that if you can put yourself in the 1% in terms of skill you can make some money.

I used to make money trading the peso and dollar interbank rate with the street rate.

The strategy was clear: Leverage difference of two markets, wait for slight uptrend and tight spreads and boom quick $200(2-3 times a week). Bought a Zurich Santander personal insurance plan in case I was robbed(never happened).

The strategy was clear, a pattern was identified and worked consistently.

If you don't have clear rules you lose money and are gambling.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I know that its very hard to make any money consistently for a long period of time with forex trading...

How on earth could this be the best Fastlane option if you can’t make money consistently?!?!?!

C - Not at all but you can use stops.
E - Easy to get started, hard to stay. Requires a high level of certain skills.
N - Not
T - Robots can do the heavy work
S - Systems (automation) - requires monitoring and eventual adjustments. I don't know if compound interest can count as scale.
Here’s my revised version:

C- No assets to own. Could lose large amounts of $$$ overnight. You don’t control the trading platforms/accounts. F

E- To make a lot of money, you need a lot of money. Anyone can create a trading account yet no nothing. Most of us are stuck somewhere in the middle. C-

N- No need here! Isn’t that great? Nope. No need means nobody cares, nobody knows you, you have no reputation...unless you’re selling courses. C-

T- Huge time suck while you’re building your “system”. Then it’s relatively hands off. B-

S- Only way to scale is to (ironically) stop day trading and start hustling courses, ebooks, etc. But only if you’re successful in the first place. C-

Just to play devils advocate, digital products like courses and ebooks are almost 100% profit margin.

It’s a no brainer business wise but it comes off as scammy when everyone is doing it.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
wreckingball.jpeg

I guess I should just forget about Forex, unrealistic expectations :(

By now I can't think about anything else to start, Im starting to few sick with all this energy burning inside me while Im sitting here on my cubicle.

I will just resell some pens to build some momentum and expect some eureka.
Dude you are all over the place. Go read the gold and notable threads and take a couple days to chill out.

Since you’re so insistent on having a step-by-step plan, do this exact thing and only this thing next week:

Step 1: Physically walk into 25 local businesses.

Step 2:
Ask to speak to the owner and tell them “Hello, my name is ____. I’m working on a personal project and am surveying local business owners about challenges they face while running a business in 2019. Could you give me a couple ideas?”

Step 3: Relish in all of your new business ideas.

Step 4: Pick one and create/offer a solution.

Step 5: Call the business owner who had that problem and offer it to them.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
The strategy was clear: Leverage difference of two markets, wait for slight uptrend and tight spreads and boom quick $200(2-3 times a week). Bought a Zurich Santander personal insurance plan in case I was robbed(never happened).

Yes my best friend uses this same strategy in a different field. He wrote a algorithm that analyses odds. He compares what his system says with what the main companies in the market are saying. He puts his money on those with the greatest disparity. He is banking on his algorithm being better than theirs in predicting the market. He consistently makes around a $1000 a day for probably 3-4 hours work.

However most people in his field lose money consistently and there is a constant turnover of newbies all chasing the dream. It's the 1% that make it a full time occupation.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
Hey guys, thank you all for the replies!

Yesterday, I started a Forex demo account, it starts with 100k and in the 1st hour I've made 700 randomly, today I've played a little bit more and now my P/L is -800.

I didn't know what I was doing, I just wanted to see some live action on how things works and now I got what a lot of users were saying here. Its extremely hard to have a winning streak, you will always win some and lose some... I don't see how someone could put 10% - 20%, Forex is really crazy, its difficult to predict so minimal moves (PIPs) on a currency.

Other thing is that by just doing it for 2-3 hours I've felt how it could play with my health. I was so excited looking at the charts and waiting to enter a position that I didn't see the time passing by... Its really addictive.

I will keep practicing until february just to check my learning curve and I'm curious to see how automatized systems works but one thing is for sure, I can't rely on it to make a living.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
If you can consistently make money trading a fake account, there are several platforms where you can charge people real money to automatically follow your trades with their real money. You don't personally need any money to start.

Having said that, I've never seen an "expert forex trader" share their long-term trading results in any certifiable way. I have seen countless traders have a good run, start charging people money for their "system", then crash spectacularly. Those sites where you can follow other traders are full of those examples.

The only people I've seen make consistent profits (over decades) are the brokers, high-frequency traders, and those selling trading courses or selling bots.

raad182

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 29, 2018
If you can consistently make money trading a fake account, there are several platforms where you can charge people real money to automatically follow your trades with their real money. You don't personally need any money to start.

Having said that, I've never seen an "expert forex trader" share their long-term trading results in any certifiable way. I have seen countless traders have a good run, start charging people money for their "system", then crash spectacularly. Those sites where you can follow other traders are full of those examples.

The only people I've seen make consistent profits (over decades) are the brokers, high-frequency traders, and those selling trading courses or selling bots.

Thanks a lot!
Thats a way to make money but at the end of the day you would need to invest a lot on Marketing as there are thousands of " forex experts " selling their knowledge or systems.
I've been playing with my demo account, last night I was +700, this morning -800... Now -50
Until now It seems like a very complex way to gamble.

sam502w

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 2, 2017
Iowa
I know that its very hard to make any money consistently for a long period of time with forex trading but I've seen pro traders saying that an average of 8%/month is pretty doable if you put the effort.

Pros
- You can work from anywhere as long as you have a laptop and internet.
- Flexible hours (Market 24/7)
- No bosses or direct contact with customers.
- No selling
- No networking
- Acquire useful knowledge about global markets, trends, finance and economics.
- There is no limit on how much you can make (or lose too) unless you use stops.

Cons
- Requires a high level of personal skills (patience, risk management, data analysis, economics...)
- Requires emotional intelligence
- High risk
- Addictive
- Checking charts and news daily
- Constant ups and downs

Last night I was thinking on what skill should I focus on this year and a routine of a trader is really what I'm looking for, independent, flexible, high risk and high reward, fast pace, agressive and competitive. Besides that I've read that most of the pro traders uses robots and system so they just need to put something like 2hour of work per day.

I live a really simple life and my cost of living is really low so If I start with 50k and average 4% monthly(2k), I could consider myself to be free from the 9-5 world, of course I know that there is a long road before seeing any profit and the majority of traders lose money but we aren't the majority here, right?!

I have been a forex trader for one year. Real money. Just now breaking even....after one whole year and untold hours of study and practice. Fastlane? Don't think so but here is my take:
Control: it is all about my strategy, my risk management and my psychology. And the last one is very difficult for a variety of reasons. I'm not working for someone else in this.....

Entry: 90% lose money. It is very difficult but not impossible. It takes knowledge and skill. It is not easy money. But it can be very profitable.

Need: it is a zero sum game. When I win, someone loses, when I lose someone wins. Buyers do need sellers and seller need buyers. When to be one or the other is the deal.

Time: can work in your favor. You don't have to sit in front of your computer. You can place your trades on the weekends if you are a longer term trader and check a few minutes a day to adjust.

Scale: I monitor 28 currencies. You scale by trading more currencies and as your bankroll increases you increase how much money you trade with.

Trading isn't gambling. But it is very difficult to learn. I feel confident as my skill increases I will be profitable moving ahead. Caution: there are many charlatans around and youtube is full of them. There are very few reputable teachers out there. I found one in Texas and one in London and its made all the difference for me.

NeatStranger

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 28, 2018
Phoenix Arizona
Realistic monthly returns for a Forex trader?

Anywhere from 2-20% for retail traders and Wall St traders 12-20%
I think you are missing the fact that the best Wall St traders in the world earn 12-20%/ per YEAR.

If you have read either of MJ's books, you would know that you can be better than the best traders in the world but it is highly unlikely. This is why Forex isn't fastlane.

If you start a business selling widgets, you only have to be better than the 10-20 other companies selling widgets, but if you start trading forex, you have to be better than every single other person in the world who has a brokerage account, and a few thousand bucks. Not to mention all of the ivy leave math genius wall street guys.

Save your time, find a problem to solve that adds value to the world and create a business out of it. Make something better, try to make yourself a problem solver.

John P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 27, 2015
London
About forex, my opinion...
This is me and forex 3 years ago: http://jfxtrade.com/mquantum37/
:)
I was looking for the business of selling metatrader robots. Fully automated or semi-automated. Still, have the webpage... Sell the shovels, right? I thought. Also, it looked for quick bucks. Ok, was also for my benefit. I can't remember the details why I stop, Maybe was not the time for me or...

Met few "traders" that were interested, but apparently, they were not making any money, was small fish. Big fish was laughing at my little thing called trading robot :) Really, can't recall the details about my adventures in forex, but one thing that left me in disgust was the aggressive marketing around "selling the dream" with forex, I must tell you they're pretty good :)

Anyway, I think that one can live off anything related to forex.

Fassina

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 13, 2018
Brazil
Poker is better and safer if you want to follow this route..

Much higher control, the market, some politician or natural disaster won't make you lose money. Only your skill matters. You can actually make positive returns consistently because of the number of hands played and if you only play high EV hands you can't lose money in the long run (technically).

Can work anywhere any time. Need a much lower starting bankroll. Stop loss is a natural part of it, you can only lose as much money as you have in the table (which is hopefully not your entire bankroll). Can transition into teaching it and turn it into a fastlane biz..

The cons are that it takes a lot of time, it's boring work, and it's annoying to do if you live in the US.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.