The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For those who haven't made a sale yet...

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
How many people have you been in conversation with?
Currenty I have managed to collect 4 emails (I know its almost nothing but I haven’t pushed any real ads yet).

I haven’t been in conversation with anyone besides my colleague and I’ve sent a bunch of messages to my friends asking for opinion. I know friends and market are tottaly different, like MJ says, market is brutally honest and it is a real indicator but I had to start somewhere.

Tbh, I don’t know how to get in conversations with visitors besides DMing followers and those who have likes my IG/FB page. Is that what you are indicating?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don’t know how to get in conversations with visitors besides DMing followers and those who have likes my IG/FB page. Is that what you are indicating?
That's exactly what I'm indicating. How many people Like your pages? How many have you DM'd to learn why they Like it and to learn more about them?

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
You spelt ingredients wrong. I rate the can graphics, that’s cool. Will it taste like white monster ultra? I love that stuff but pretty sure that it’s slowly killing me
Thank you for noticing that. We are currently developing two flawors: mango & pineapple and strawberry/rasberry. Don’t know yet how they will taste, but I‘ll contact you when it’s finished if you want to be one of our first to try it. Drinking anything besides water often is not good, but we will try our best to be as natural and healthy as possible.

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
That's exactly what I'm indicating. Hoe many people Like your pages? How many have you DM'd to learn why they Like it and to learn more about them?
I haven’t DM anyone, but I will. There are actually people who liked the posts and the page, but like I said I haven’t DMd them.

Is there something that would make them more engage with my page, that in your experience have worked really well?

Thank you for actually taking your time to help me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I haven’t DM anyone, but I will. There are actually people who liked the posts and the page, but like I said I haven’t DMd them.

Is there something that would make them more engage with my page, that in your experience have worked really well?

Thank you for actually taking your time to help me.
Your end goal isn't to build an email list, or get engagement on your page. Sure, those can help, a lot.

I contend that if you've not made a sale yet then you should engage the market in hand-to-hand combat before trying to automate or do things at scale.

Maybe check out "Just start already" and "Who have you helped?" in my signature.

ajakupi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 1, 2023
Croatia
Your end goal isn't to build an email list, or get engagement on your page. Sure, those can help, a lot.

I contend that if you've not made a sale yet then you should engage the market in hand-to-hand combat before trying to automate or do things at scale.

Maybe check out "Just start already" and "Who have you helped?" in my signature.
I still don’t have a physical product yet. I started this waitlist to see somekind of demand. Something MJ and Timothy Ferris (4 hour work week) are preaching.

But I think my next step is to actually start manufacturer and start combating the market, like you said.

I will check those articles now. Thanks.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I still don’t have a physical product yet. I started this waitlist to see somekind of demand. Something MJ and Timothy Ferris (4 hour work week) are preaching.

But I think my next step is to actually start manufacturer and start combating the market, like you said.

I will check those articles now. Thanks.
Are you going to DM people?

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I'll keep going, but for the record ... I am in the situation that I always end up in. From the initial "what can you do to make a sale this week" this is now a project that will take at least 4 more months. And regarding the "how can I help one person today" angle ... I can't find a single person that is looking for reference images to study with.
Only a) people who want to sell their art tutorials and b) horrible artists who are fishing for compliments. I have retweeted tweets by sellers, but without a following I am not exactly helping.

The current plan, which leads to exactly zero conviction that this is time well spent, is looking at sales numbers on platforms like Etsy and somehow figure out how the sellers reach people.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Week Commencing Monday 19-Jun-23

What will you do to make a sale this week?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I'll keep going, but for the record ... I am in the situation that I always end up in. From the initial "what can you do to make a sale this week" this is now a project that will take at least 4 more months. And regarding the "how can I help one person today" angle ... I can't find a single person that is looking for reference images to study with.
Only a) people who want to sell their art tutorials and b) horrible artists who are fishing for compliments. I have retweeted tweets by sellers, but without a following I am not exactly helping.

The current plan, which leads to exactly zero conviction that this is time well spent, is looking at sales numbers on platforms like Etsy and somehow figure out how the sellers reach people.

What are you selling?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Week Commencing Monday 19-Jun-23

What will you do to make a sale this week?
Get the books printed and go tell someone how it will help them and ask them to buy.

Breaking barriers, achieving greatness

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
What are you selling?
Are selling: nothing. Planning to sell: a digital book called "Drawing Heads - Reference for the 2020ies".
Content: Midjourney created reference images, covering expressions, ethnicities, ages, hair etc. Not anime ... the target audience would be people who want to work on more traditional drawing skills.

First maybe relevant research result (need to confirm): one shop (called "bySarahRenaeClark") has 264K subscribers on youtube, 650ish reviews on Etsy and 3.800 followers on Twitter ... getting very few likes and retweets there. Instagram is probably going a lot better. Twitter seems to be the wrong channel for this kind of audience.

Might be necessary to look into Youtube and IG, but wondering if this is becoming too much of a detour.
My main focus has to be SaaS and there is zero potential for synergy, so I am wondering if it is a smart idea to "invest" time into this project.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Are selling: nothing. Planning to sell: a digital book called "Drawing Heads - Reference for the 2020ies".
Content: Midjourney created reference images, covering expressions, ethnicities, ages, hair etc. Not anime ... the target audience would be people who want to work on more traditional drawing skills.

First maybe relevant research result (need to confirm): one shop (called "bySarahRenaeClark") has 264K subscribers on youtube, 650ish reviews on Etsy and 3.800 followers on Twitter ... getting very few likes and retweets there. Instagram is probably going a lot better. Twitter seems to be the wrong channel for this kind of audience.

Might be necessary to look into Youtube and IG, but wondering if this is becoming too much of a detour.
My main focus has to be SaaS and there is zero potential for synergy, so I am wondering if it is a smart idea to "invest" time into this project.
You want to make a book to help people draw and build a Saas?

James_17

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Mar 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
1) What currently keeps a roof over your head?

- I saved up Php250k, which came from real estate commission, as my starting capital for my web design business (as a member of Fox Web School)

2) What do people already come to you for help with?

- I still sell real estate, when no one is inquiring or asking for my help about real estate. I do cold outreach to businesses.

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

- Meet business owners, and offer my web-related service.

4) If money was no object what work would you be doing?

- Exchange items essential to people such as food, gas, clothes, etc., or offer labor in exchange for something.

Nomso8370

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 14, 2023
Let's help those who haven't made a sale yet.

For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

In the meantime, here's some questions for you to ponder:

3) If someone had a gun to your head and said you need to make a sale this week then what would you do?

I don't know how to generate quality leads. I started a financial services company without actually working in the industry. I have been an consultant for over 7 years and have actually built wealth managing my own money. I just don't know how reach the people who need my services and let them know I exist.

- Savings and Real Estate Income

- What they should invest in or how they should think about the issue they are having with money.

- Drop my price to something ridiculously low.

- Help people who choose the Scripted life, not die poor.
- Master Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Coach wrestling
- Farm
- Travel
- Stretch

Nomso8370

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 14, 2023
Wake up brother.

Fastlaners eat difficulty for breakfast.
We do not care how bad things are. We do what we want and we create the reality that we envision.

Most of us have hit a very hard and painful rock bottom, at least once in our lives.
This is a great thing, because rock is a solid foundation, and you can only go up from there.

The life you think you are living is the bullshit story that you keep telling yourself as to why things are the way they are and why you cannot be successful.

But you've repeated it enough times that you think it's reality.
It is not.

It's a made up imaginary story you have cooked up in your head.

You have the freedom to do anything you want and be anything you want. But years of lying and self-deception have blinded you from seeing reality as it actually is.

If you have a roof over your head, food, water, and internet connection, you have all the tools and resources at your disposal to build anything you can imagine.

The only one that is stopping you from doing it is yourself.

In the game of life, the final boss is you.

Conquer this monster, and you have the freedom to do anything you can possibly imagine.
needed this today. Thank you.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I don't know how to generate quality leads. I started a financial services company without actually working in the industry. I have been an consultant for over 7 years and have actually built wealth managing my own money. I just don't know how reach the people who need my services and let them know I exist.

- Savings and Real Estate Income

- What they should invest in or how they should think about the issue they are having with money.

- Drop my price to something ridiculously low.

- Help people who choose the Scripted life, not die poor.
- Master Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Coach wrestling
- Farm
- Travel
- Stretch
Then educate yourself. There's tons of information out there on how to go out and get leads. It's called selling. You are lucky that you have the resources to keep your life going while you are going through the learning curve. Do #3 on your list and ask for a referral. It's a jumping-off point for you. Find one person to help and then find the next. You are trying to get the ball rolling and you may have to check your ego at the door.

GoldenGlow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 23, 2023
I struggle with motivation, energy, maintaining interest in the things I'm doing and fighting the impulse to work on other projects. I don't feel as though skincare or window cleaning inspires me. I struggle with sticking to deadlines. These are all the same problems I struggled with in High School, which is where my entrepreneurial desires first began. I haven't made a sale in 4 years.

My dad. I live with him and all of my expenses are covered here, but it's too damn comfortable. He has the 'you don't have to do anything you don't want to' attitude.

Advice on technology. Sometimes I get asked for relationship advice and for my opinion on what they should study.

I'd be boxing up homemade skincare products and selling them on Etsy.

Film directing, scriptwriting, blogging, writing books and making YouTube videos. I'd also drive boats.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
For those who didn't do a sale yet, stop being a pussy and go out and do.

Do i even need to give a reason to do it? Go and do. Clean windows or mow floors if you need. And then go and do.

Falconerd

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Nov 4, 2019
Let's help those who haven't made a sale yet.

For those who haven't made a sale yet, reply below with what you're struggling with.

In the meantime, here's some questions for you to ponder:

1) Dwindling crypto earnings.
2) Anything computer or technology related (even though I'm a programmer by trade, not a technician).
3) Sell my bike that I don't use. Or, find someone to make a website for.
4) Game development or systems programming.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
@Kak advises us to think big and think big.

This thread is an example of thinking big, especially for those yet to make a sale.

When @Andy Black sent me to this thread, I deciding to write a book. I sent around to my contacts a pdf of my poems. This got me thinking.

I began writing a textbook for English. There's a fear it may need many months. My aim was 30 days or 60 days. Remember making a sale in a week. If in your mind or normally it wants a year or more. This approach forces you to think of ways to get through with it in a shorter period. You begin to cut down 1 month to 1 week or day, 6 months to one month, 1 year to 2 months or less and so forth. This way you avoid numerous pitfalls.

I thought of ways to speed up the process writing the book. Get to selling really fast. Along the way, some people offered me a flight. And then I made my first sale at the end of June and others at the beginning of July.

You are designing an app
Maybe that takes long to accomplish. But what stops you from finding out whether anyone is interested? You may just share a soundtrack. Whatever. Just so you can ask them whether they want it.

You draw pictures
What stops you from determining whether anyone will give a shit? What stops you from developing simple videos out of progressive sketches? And asking people if they care.

The point of making a sale in a week is to help eliminate action faking and overthinking.

Mace22

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 10, 2023
That is what I have been trying to do and it is not sustainable. Nothing matters when you are 42 and don't have a social life or the prospect of one.
My capacity for gratitude is limited. I am allowed to get up at 6 a.m. and work until my eyes hurt like hell every day. Awesome.

I have started a business, am trying to build a SaaS project. I am learning Russian, Japanese and two Piano pieces ... but it is all just making investments. I don't get anything back in return, it is just painful chores to struggle through.

Only exception is the fact that I can affort to order decent lunch, which doesn't carry me very far.
Life is only in our perception. We're all going to die, that is enivtable. No need to go 'oh because we're all going to die nothing matters' 'my life sucks so bad'. I can't experience what you are experiencing, but I can offer advice.
If you're going to die anyway, then where are the stakes? Trick question: there are none. No amount of suffering you endure, can ruin your character.
If you knew that there were no stakes, what would you want on your tombstone?

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Life is only in our perception. We're all going to die, that is enivtable. No need to go 'oh because we're all going to die nothing matters' 'my life sucks so bad'. I can't experience what you are experiencing, but I can offer advice.
If you're going to die anyway, then where are the stakes? Trick question: there are none. No amount of suffering you endure, can ruin your character.
I used to put off happiness all the time. When so-and-so happens, I'll be happy. I finally came to the point where I decided that I'm gonna be happy every day. It has to do with honoring the journey rather than soaking all the happiness out of accomplishing the goal. And I have found that very humble things make me happy, so I make sure to make it a daily quest.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I am just too removed from what normal people want. I see no openings, no path towards that sale. I only see the technology that I can use that that gets me nowhere.

Romko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 8, 2020
Ukraine
I am just too removed from what normal people want. I see no openings, no path towards that sale. I only see the technology that I can use that that gets me nowhere.
I feel similarly. everything that is happening now distracts me from the main thing and I understand that this technology will not help me in my realization but on the other hand I can not find what I need to live a full life.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.