The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Focus Vs loading the gumball machine

Anything related to matters of the mind

Primer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Aug 3, 2018
hi, I wonder if you could help me make sense of something.

I’m well aware of the need to focus on a product/business - however @MJ DeMarco also talks about loading the machine with gold balls (apologies if that’s not 100% how it’s described in the book).

I am dedicated to, and focussed on my business, but this week I came across a other idea that I think has legs, and I really want to start executing on it.

What’s the play here?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike Blankenship

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 27, 2018
hi, I wonder if you could help me make sense of something.

I’m well aware of the need to focus on a product/business - however @MJ DeMarco also talks about loading the machine with gold balls (apologies if that’s not 100% how it’s described in the book).

I am dedicated to, and focussed on my business, but this week I came across a other idea that I think has legs, and I really want to start executing on it.

What’s the play here?

I totally understand where you're coming from. I suffer from the so-called shiny object syndrome quite badly. Here's what I started doing with new ideas. I set a potential quit-date.

When I set out to start a new stream of income, I commit to working on that for at least 6 months. If I don't like it at 6 months or it isn't making me the money I thought it would, then I'm allowed to quit. But I'm not allowed to quit until that date. If other things come up during that time, I simply ask myself, "Will this hinder my effectiveness with the other things that I've already committed to?" Remember, "yes" will get you started, but "no" will take you all the way.

I hope that helps!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
you have to start somewhere and see it through all the way. too many ideas but lack of execution leads to nothing being done. just focus on one thing yes its difficult yes you may fail but you will have learnt from the experience and focus on emerging trends, needs, gaps and will be able to assess better and quicker thus leading to less wasted time and more gold gumballs potentially.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.