• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Focus Vs loading the gumball machine

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by Primer, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Primer

Primer Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $192
    hi, I wonder if you could help me make sense of something.

I’m well aware of the need to focus on a product/business - however @MJ DeMarco also talks about loading the machine with gold balls (apologies if that’s not 100% how it’s described in the book).

I am dedicated to, and focussed on my business, but this week I came across a other idea that I think has legs, and I really want to start executing on it.

What’s the play here?

2. Mike Blankenship

Mike Blankenship New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I suffer from the so-called shiny object syndrome quite badly. Here's what I started doing with new ideas. I set a potential quit-date.

When I set out to start a new stream of income, I commit to working on that for at least 6 months. If I don't like it at 6 months or it isn't making me the money I thought it would, then I'm allowed to quit. But I'm not allowed to quit until that date. If other things come up during that time, I simply ask myself, "Will this hinder my effectiveness with the other things that I've already committed to?" Remember, "yes" will get you started, but "no" will take you all the way.

I hope that helps!

Primer likes this.
  3. Arun Siva

Arun Siva aspiring 大君 of the bourgeoisie Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $11,673
    you have to start somewhere and see it through all the way. too many ideas but lack of execution leads to nothing being done. just focus on one thing yes its difficult yes you may fail but you will have learnt from the experience and focus on emerging trends, needs, gaps and will be able to assess better and quicker thus leading to less wasted time and more gold gumballs potentially.