So I closed on my first investment property yesterday. It’s a 1900 sq ft, 4 bed, 3 bath, ranch style lake home on .9 acres. The plan is to renovate and sell within a year. Possibly use as a vacation rental but leaning more towards selling. I want to use the profits made from this flip to buy another home more suited for long term rentals.
It hasn’t been occupied for a solid year but it’s in pretty good shape. It needs flooring, wallpaper removal, painting, a new back deck, a few windows and some curb appeal. It’s had a new roof and vinyl siding installed within the past 5 years.
I’m hoping to have less than $20,000 in renovations and plan to do most of the work myself. My realtor believes that I could sell at a price that would net me $50,000 after the renovations have been made.
I will be cleaning the junk out of the house tonight and plan to install a driveway, start removing carpet and wallpaper next week.
If you have an opinion on resale vs. vacation rentals I’d love to hear it. I’d be happy to answer any questions. Stay tuned for updates.




It hasn’t been occupied for a solid year but it’s in pretty good shape. It needs flooring, wallpaper removal, painting, a new back deck, a few windows and some curb appeal. It’s had a new roof and vinyl siding installed within the past 5 years.
I’m hoping to have less than $20,000 in renovations and plan to do most of the work myself. My realtor believes that I could sell at a price that would net me $50,000 after the renovations have been made.
I will be cleaning the junk out of the house tonight and plan to install a driveway, start removing carpet and wallpaper next week.
If you have an opinion on resale vs. vacation rentals I’d love to hear it. I’d be happy to answer any questions. Stay tuned for updates.




Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Attachments
-
5811D75E-C510-45C9-A780-242142AD3C35.webp159.6 KB · Views: 37 -
A6BAA1F0-7F3E-42D9-A830-00F77B67AB8D.webp119.7 KB · Views: 37 -
80B82536-6ED5-4E7D-9372-D067102780F5.webp144 KB · Views: 37 -
FAA2D8AE-F057-4918-BDCD-FE4A33E1D3B2.webp118.2 KB · Views: 39 -
DFAA4046-ECDF-442F-95B4-551F7E7AF47C.webp137.9 KB · Views: 37
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?














