Hi,
I recently launched my first e-commerce store and I am very happy with it.
Now got an idea which is totally unrelated to it and will open a separated website for it. This will be very simple and straight forward: I will be selling T-shirts for a very specific target of people, very easy to get started and very scalable. Don't think I will have any problem finding a good t-shirt supplier on Alibaba and marketing will be 100% done via Facebook, overall a much easier business than my first e-commerce site.
One thing however will be absolutely key, and it is for me to find the right Designer for these t-shirts. I am happy to pay quite a bit more than standard prices found for example on Fiverr, but I really need someone who understands the concept of what I look for and also has imagination to create designs related to the topic in question.
Getting the right designer is for me the #1 priority and the key for getting this business to succeed. I posted my requirements on Fiverr and within a few hours I got 30 applicants, I guess if I do the same via Upwork I will get the same result, which is great, however it is not an easy task to short-list the right candidates and pick the right one.
So my question is: is there any sort of website out there where I can start some sort of competition giving some high-level requirements of the first design, and then the candidate send their design to me and I can pick which one to go with and hire?
I don't expect the design to be 100% as I want from the start, but at least will give me a good starting point and understand who understands the concept and I can start working with?
Thank you for your help.
I recently launched my first e-commerce store and I am very happy with it.
Now got an idea which is totally unrelated to it and will open a separated website for it. This will be very simple and straight forward: I will be selling T-shirts for a very specific target of people, very easy to get started and very scalable. Don't think I will have any problem finding a good t-shirt supplier on Alibaba and marketing will be 100% done via Facebook, overall a much easier business than my first e-commerce site.
One thing however will be absolutely key, and it is for me to find the right Designer for these t-shirts. I am happy to pay quite a bit more than standard prices found for example on Fiverr, but I really need someone who understands the concept of what I look for and also has imagination to create designs related to the topic in question.
Getting the right designer is for me the #1 priority and the key for getting this business to succeed. I posted my requirements on Fiverr and within a few hours I got 30 applicants, I guess if I do the same via Upwork I will get the same result, which is great, however it is not an easy task to short-list the right candidates and pick the right one.
So my question is: is there any sort of website out there where I can start some sort of competition giving some high-level requirements of the first design, and then the candidate send their design to me and I can pick which one to go with and hire?
I don't expect the design to be 100% as I want from the start, but at least will give me a good starting point and understand who understands the concept and I can start working with?
Thank you for your help.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
