The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding suppliers ?

Liam Morris

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2019
I am just starting out and getting into the dropshipping game. I have my idea of the product i going to sell which is men’s branded trainers. I want to dropship trainers such as Nike, Adidas etc..

I don’t want clearance stock, I’m looking fot the better branded trainers you might not find in your Local JD store.

Any help with be massively appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Beware of any site offering big brand names. The only safe place to obtain them for resale is through a licensed distributor.

Walter

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I don't know much about the "Dropshipping Game".

But, this series of post might be helpful.

Liam Morris

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2019
Thanks guys. Still on the look for a supplier, I want high end trainers but affordable. Nike, Adidas, new balance etc.

I’m not rushing anything. Any help will be appreciated massively. This is trickier then I thought it would be.
Liam

Felix Page

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
750%
Mar 18, 2019
Wellington New Zealand
Hi Liam, Felix here.

First time contributor on the Fastlane Forum but have been in the drop ship game for 4 years.

Let me start off by saying that you will most likely not find any legitimate suppliers who will drop ship the brands you’re interested in.

You actually need a license to sell brands like Nike and usually this can only be obtained via a whole seller in your region. Even then it is not that simple.

You must understand that brands like Nike and adidas have processes in place to protect their brand and how it is distributed.

One way they achieve this is via restricting who can sell their brands.

That’s why you only find those brands in established stores and reputable online platforms that can place last wholesale orders and can sell the brand in large volume; not someone who wants to drop ship them from their laptop at home.

If you’re seriously interested in drop shipping then my advice is to avoid products with any brand loyalty (ie Nike) and especially men’s trainers as you’re competing with the largest players in the game.

There is a lot of opportunity in e-commerce and I admire your creative thinking. But as with any business you must always consider what is also feasible in your own realms.

Happy to answer any more questions man!

Cheers

Liam Morris

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 23, 2019
Thanks for the advice felix.

What about if I buy wholesale and start smaller. I’ve been in contact with a few wholesalers which sell the odd branded trainer (Nike and Adidas) at discounted prices.

This was my original plan then I was introduced to dropshipping.

Just a rethink that’s all but I don’t mind always willing to learn and take advice.

Thanks again
Liam

Felix Page

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
750%
Mar 18, 2019
Wellington New Zealand
Hi Liam,

I imagine for a first timer like yourself- any wholesale branded goods that you can get your hands on at small quantity will probably be outlet/last season/less popular designs... i.e. the stuff that doesn't sell very well any more.

I wouldn't expect that you will be able to get your hands on the latest pair of Nike trainers at a sweet wholesale price without a reputable licence and established retail store with a proven track record of consistent sales.

But hey, I could be totally wrong.

Most likely, you're facing a very up hill battle.

If you're just wanting to start a side hustle and make a bit of coin on the side then just go and place a small order on aliexpress/alibaba for items that are a safe bet and are relatively easy to sell.

Some examples are powerbanks. You can source these from aliexpress for $20-$30 each and mark up for $50-$60. Use local selling platforms likes Facebook groups that don't cost to list your product.

I know this isn't drop shipping but it will be a very good bridge for you entering into the eCommerce world. Drop Shipping isn't as easy as it once was and can be fiercely competitive if you're not equipped with a cash nest and mindset to ride out the periods of unprofit.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.