The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally taking the first step

Anything related to matters of the mind

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
Hi everyone,

A little bit of context on who I am

I am an 18 year old pursuing a bachelors business degree from a reputed university in India.(The top placement package was 8000 $/year lol). I have been driven towards entrepreneurship since I was 16. For an entire year I kept watching videos of youtubers having clickbait thumbnails of side hustles.

Then I read TMF . Even after reading it, I kept finding the right business idea or opportunity to start a business. This lead me to nowhere but another wasted year without execution.

I started a motivational page on Instagram @billionairebinge and managed to gather around 3000 followers and 1.16 million views by reposting random reels posted by other pages. I realized this isn't gonna work and stopped.

I also bought 3 different domains and tried starting a blog (quit because I couldn't find a reason why anyone would read it)

Then I did 2 internships in Digital marketing companies, but instead of learning something new I kept making social media posts through photoshop for different clients as directed by my superiors.

So for the current scenario, I am broke and devote around 7-8 hours/day to university classes, 5 days a week. I can't quit university as pursuing this course was my own decision and my parents won't be too happy to hear that I'm quitting lol.

Current scenario:

So today, I was going through various execution threads posted on this forum and saw the progress of many different individuals who were nearly in the same position as I am now.

Instead of finding a business idea and randomly working on it, I decided that I should learn Web development online (starting with the basics of python) and devote at least an year to it. I don't have any prior coding knowledge. I have a goal setup in my mind to build an SAAS product solving a big problem in the near future.

I will not quit again.

Please feel free to share your opinions and suggestions about this thread. I would be really glad to learn from you all.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

constant-in

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Mar 30, 2023
Canada
Hey there!

First of all, welcome to the entrepreneurial journey! It's fantastic to see your drive. We've all been there, trying to find our path, and sometimes making a few detours along the way. Your experiences so far are just part of the learning process, and they'll undoubtedly contribute to your growth as an entrepreneur.

It's great that you've decided to learn web development and work towards building an Saas product. Coding is a valuable skill that can open up many opportunities for you in the tech industry. It's important to remember that there are numerous skills that will be needed to building a successful business though. Consider exploring skills such as sales, marketing, finance, negotiations or business development.

Another aspect is building connections with other entrepreneurs, mentors, and experts that can provide valuable insights and open doors to new opportunities. Attend events or leverage your social media presence to connect with like-minded individuals. Your path likely won't be linear, and that's perfectly okay.

Keep your eyes open for problems that need solving and market gaps that you can fill with your unique talents and skills.

You may encounter setbacks and challenges, but don't let them deter you. Learn from your experiences, stay focused on your goals, and keep pushing forward. The road to success may be long and winding, but with determination and the right mindset, you'll get there.

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
Hey there!

First of all, welcome to the entrepreneurial journey! It's fantastic to see your drive. We've all been there, trying to find our path, and sometimes making a few detours along the way. Your experiences so far are just part of the learning process, and they'll undoubtedly contribute to your growth as an entrepreneur.

It's great that you've decided to learn web development and work towards building an Saas product. Coding is a valuable skill that can open up many opportunities for you in the tech industry. It's important to remember that there are numerous skills that will be needed to building a successful business though. Consider exploring skills such as sales, marketing, finance, negotiations or business development.

Another aspect is building connections with other entrepreneurs, mentors, and experts that can provide valuable insights and open doors to new opportunities. Attend events or leverage your social media presence to connect with like-minded individuals. Your path likely won't be linear, and that's perfectly okay.

Keep your eyes open for problems that need solving and market gaps that you can fill with your unique talents and skills.

You may encounter setbacks and challenges, but don't let them deter you. Learn from your experiences, stay focused on your goals, and keep pushing forward. The road to success may be long and winding, but with determination and the right mindset, you'll get there.
Thanks for the reply, will keep this thread updated

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
Why ChatGPT tho bro
Hey there!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
3rd April 2023
So I bought a course on udemy and learnt various python functions.

Today I built my first presentable software.

A BMI CALCULATOR

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-04-03-11-19-30-52_c759c44d10a956b96f85cc66750ff86e.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-04-03-11-19-30-52_c759c44d10a956b96f85cc66750ff86e.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 3

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.