The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally Launched!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Your page looks awesome!

I think your About Us page could have better copy, specially the title which I found repetitive.

It would help you build a brand to post a picture of you wearing your own merchandise in this part!

Also, you could give away some outfits from your most iconic (aka colorful) selections to your female friends and family in exchange of posting pictures of themselves modeling them on instagram and then linking them to your site.

Just keep learning from other stores that are getting sales. One I read before was this:

How to Start a Clothing Line & Turn it To a Multi-Million Dollar Company

Thanks so much for the article! I actually am a fan of their site, so it will be interesting to learn how they did it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
not just customer, she might be a great influencer to have. look at her followers and the market shes in. she could be a person worth building a relationship with on more than just a customer level.

Good point!

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Site looks damn good. Impressed! Yes sales are going to be an uphill climb and takes time (going through that right now). Keep at it consistently, also paid advertising helps, but do not get discouraged if you do not see the sales from it you wanted. Influencer marketing is another avenue i would go down as well.

Keep us updated. REP++

Ya I am one of those people that needs immediate feedback in the form of sales haha. So this will definitely be a patience thing. :)

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
You put it all together nicely. I think you might actually stand a chance which is something I can't say about a lot of the attempts that pop up on here. Don't get discouraged if you don't hit it big within the first few weeks. It takes time. That being said, it's time to start marketing. Good luck!

But consider:
- IMO your shop now button on the home screen seems a little out of place. It blends in with the background too much. Consider moving it to another spot. Maybe below her left wrist, above the text.

- Consider putting a count of your available quantity on your checkout page. It has been said to increase conversions. People act faster when they see "Only 2 remaining". Even if you have more than 2, you can make it up. There should be an add-on for it if you're using Shopify.

- Purchasing buying likes/other engagements on Fiverr for your social media accounts, at least until the engagements begin occurring organically.

Also consider adding one of the following:
Fomo - Social Proof Marketing – Ecommerce Plugins for Online Stores – Shopify App Store
Yo - Display Recent Sales in Real Time – Ecommerce Plugins for Online Stores – Shopify App Store

I completely agree with the shop now button. It's just one of those pesky theme things, I will see if I can figure out how to move it, so it doesn't look so off. And agree with color as well. It's the only thing visually that I think doesn't look as good as it could.

Ya I think I need to do something about scarcity to get them to act. Thanks for the links to the apps. I have saved them to look into it further.

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Just wondering now how you set up this site. You know how to code, or you used some tools?
I mean its pretty solid, I'd love to know what techniques were used.
Rep++

Thank you!

I have zero idea how to code lol. It's just a regular theme.

I went to school for design, so I made it look as cute as possible with my use of colors and graphics.

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Site looks damn good. Impressed! Yes sales are going to be an uphill climb and takes time (going through that right now). Keep at it consistently, also paid advertising helps, but do not get discouraged if you do not see the sales from it you wanted. Influencer marketing is another avenue i would go down as well.

Keep us updated. REP++

Thank you, will do!

iizu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Jan 23, 2016
Finland
What the hell. That site looks absolutely stunning! Made me want to buy all kinds of pastel things :3

I'd guess facebook ads is the best place to start.

@JasonR has written extensively about advertising and facebook ads. Maybe you should start here:
GOLD - Jason's How to Build Wealth & Golden Nuggets

He also has a INSIDERS call about FB-marketing. But that is on the inside..

Then there is @eliquid and his great thread:
GOLD - Paid Advertising Crash Course

Good luck!

Last edited:

fracturize

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Aug 5, 2014
Very nice branding looks cohesive and works nicely!I'm tshirt designer myself so I will def keep following this thread! Keep it up,you're off to good stuff!

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
@businessbaybee Hello, congrats for your brand and your launch !
I'm also trying to launch a brand !

If it does not bother you, I'll have 2 questions and would love to get some advices:
- From which plateform you created your website ? In fact it looks amazing and would like to use the same kind of website, with a different theme for sure.
- Do you use a local clothes supplier / printer or a chinese supplier / printer ? If it's not too curious to ask...

If ever, thanks for taking the time and hope you'll succeed !
Alessio.

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
What the hell. That site looks absolutely stunning! Made me want to buy all kinds of pastel things :3

I'd guess facebook ads is the best place to start.

@JasonR has written extensively about advertising and facebook ads. Maybe you should start here:
GOLD - Jason's How to Build Wealth & Golden Nuggets

He also has a INSIDERS call about FB-marketing. But that is on the inside..

Then there is @eliquid and his great thread:
GOLD - Paid Advertising Crash Course

Good luck!

Thank you so much, that's so nice of you!!! Thanks for the thread links, I will go though and read. :)

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Very nice branding looks cohesive and works nicely!I'm tshirt designer myself so I will def keep following this thread! Keep it up,you're off to good stuff!

Thanks! It's always good to hear from other people in the industry :)

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
@businessbaybee Hello, congrats for your brand and your launch !
I'm also trying to launch a brand !

If it does not bother you, I'll have 2 questions and would love to get some advices:
- From which plateform you created your website ? In fact it looks amazing and would like to use the same kind of website, with a different theme for sure.
- Do you use a local clothes supplier / printer or a chinese supplier / printer ? If it's not too curious to ask...

If ever, thanks for taking the time and hope you'll succeed !
Alessio.

Thank you very much!

I am using shopify it does however have monthly fees, especially for apps. But there's a lot of them like woo commerce, big commerce, big cartel, squarespace etc... I would research each and see which is best for you.

I design everything myself....I wrote about who prints my stuff on the first page.

:)

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Not sure if it's against the rules, but sure, it's www.pastelqueen.com don't be too hard on me :)

Wow, while I may not be your target market I am well connected in the J-Fashion world and this is very similar. I know quite a few groups of ladies that would like this so I think you are on the right path. I really like the focus on it.

Since you legit did the hardest part of the whole thing the next step to first sale should come easier. I would personally make a FB Page for it and then start building some social currency + running FB Ads.

PS: The reason I am linked into the J-Fashion world (fascinating in itself) is a long and sordid story best told over a campfire with whiskey.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
The only problem i got personnally is the supplier, i don't know the price in the US but here it's very pricy.
And as i want to deal with a local supplier and not a chinese one (for the delay), the margins are more thin.

Or Maybe i should try with the chinese supplier ?

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Clothing stores are more suited to Instagram marketing. You have to think about where fashion lovers hang out. Fashion pictures are mostly uploaded on instagram.

Edit:
or sites like pinterest

Last edited:

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Clothing stores are more suited to Instagram marketing. You have to think about where fashion lovers hang out. Fashion pictures are mostly uploaded on instagram.

Edit:
or sites like pinterest

That's one of the reason I like FB ads. You can actually post them directly on Instagram and run Instagram only ads that are highly targeted.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
That's one of the reason I like FB ads. You can actually post them directly on Instagram and run Instagram only ads that are highly targeted.
Absolutely, i've done this with the coffee shop of my parents many times and it works very well on both plateforms

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Just checked on your site. I see you made a lot of the changes that were recommended to you. Good job. Any sales yet?

Thanks! Unfortunately no sales yet. Sales are harder to get than I thought lol. I also don't think I have enough traffic for conversions.

But.... I haven't started Facebook ads, which I am hopeful will bring in sales. I have also purchased influencer ads on instagram, so I am excited to see what happens with that!

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Wow, while I may not be your target market I am well connected in the J-Fashion world and this is very similar. I know quite a few groups of ladies that would like this so I think you are on the right path. I really like the focus on it.

Since you legit did the hardest part of the whole thing the next step to first sale should come easier. I would personally make a FB Page for it and then start building some social currency + running FB Ads.

PS: The reason I am linked into the J-Fashion world (fascinating in itself) is a long and sordid story best told over a campfire with whiskey.

Haha you got it right away. Yes I am totally going for j fashion, and a few other focused style niches. I haven't started ads yet, but I think I have a pretty good idea of my target audience, so I am hoping ads will work well for me.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
I do think you will have sales when you will program the facebook ads, but you must target the people with matching interests, if not it won't have the same result

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Where are your facebook and instagram followers coming from? I don't see a lot of interaction on your facebook page despite you have 280 followers (and 280 likes). Are they your friends & family or are they organic followers?

If there are any fashion groups on facebook w/in your niche, see if you can post to the groups. Pick one shirt that you think will really resonate with that group and share a post from your page to the group. That should (hopefully) generate a bit of (free) traction for your page and maybe land you that first sale.

Good luck!

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Where are your facebook and instagram followers coming from? I don't see a lot of interaction on your facebook page despite you have 280 followers (and 280 likes). Are they your friends & family or are they organic followers?

If there are any fashion groups on facebook w/in your niche, see if you can post to the groups. Pick one shirt that you think will really resonate with that group and share a post from your page to the group. That should (hopefully) generate a bit of (free) traction for your page and maybe land you that first sale.

Good luck!

I made a page likes ad on Facebook, so there not organic or family. From my understanding Facebook hardly shows anything to your followers, I guess you have to boost stuff to get page interaction/engagement.

The Facebook groups is a good idea, they are really popular right now. Thanks for your insight!

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
I made a page likes ad on Facebook, so there not organic or family. From my understanding Facebook hardly shows anything to your followers, I guess you have to boost stuff to get page interaction/engagement.

The Facebook groups is a good idea, they are really popular right now. Thanks for your insight!

You will need to put ads on the FB page. There is no other way around it. It can be done cheaply and easy. Just be sure to read their terms and rules. You can do this for $1 a day or better yet $5.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Attire & branding isn't my forte so I'll let others chime in and give their expert advice.

But I will say that you are off to a GREAT start in my humble opinion.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
I think that it's going to be a failure.

1. Popup keeps coming up asking for email everywhere I go.
2. Prices are too high.
3. CPA will be too high.
4. Too few items.
5. Too long to get items delivered.
6. Free shipping over $75?? Way too high.

businessbaybee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
303%
Jul 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I think that it's going to be a failure.

1. Popup keeps coming up asking for email everywhere I go.
2. Prices are too high.
3. CPA will be too high.
4. Too few items.
5. Too long to get items delivered.
6. Free shipping over $75?? Way too high.

Looks like I have my first hater.

I agree with some of the things your saying, but not on prices. My prices are competitive with other brands in my niche space.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.