The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fed Up With Your Country? Where Is Left to Go?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
It's already pronounced to be mandatory in France for health care workers:

"Health Minister Olivier Veran said health workers would not be allowed to go to work and would not be paid if they are not vaxinated against C0VlD-19 by Sept. 15.

"By Sept. 15, all health workers must have had their second dose," he told LCI television, without explaining what sort of controls would be in place to impose the measure."

Surely, they won't be able to apply for unemployed benefits when fired due to vaccination refusal.

Step by step my worst nightmares are becoming reality.

If someone chooses to get vaxinated, that's there choice.

I take serious issue when it is mandatory and forced.

That violates every human rights law in the books.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

xmartel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jul 22, 2008
Canada, eh!
I am also from The West. I am 100% on board with splitting up Canada. We are already in nice sized chunks, make Canada a stack of different countries. If the East doesn't want western resources they don't need them, they can keep getting it from the middle East, and we can search for our own markets. We can try and take northern BC with us, no one lives there anyways.

Canadian government hates business, and they are winning the propaganda war to make the idiot citizens hate business as well.

As far as splitting up, Quebec already wants to do it, and has tried a few times. Let them leave, and use it as a roadmap for everyone else leaving as well.

We'd need to use existing boundaries or it'll never happen. Splitting up a province would be unbelievably difficult. I propose we include the entirety of Manitoba, Sask, Alberta, B.C.
That gives us deep water ports on both sides (Churchill, MB. Prince Rupert and Vancouver, BC). And the border between Manitoba and Ontario has, I think, 3 roads. It's about the easiest border to setup a new international boundary across.

In the end, it's not a Right vs. Left issues. It's an West vs. East issue.
I became a separatist during the Harper years. The most pro Western, Right leaning PM we'd had in a very long time. And he had a majority government to boot. And he still didn't do nearly as much for the West as was needed. He spent most of his time pandering to the East, because he had to. That's where the power lies. That's where the votes are.
It was during his years that I realized things will never change and it's time to get out.

Last I checked we'd be the 16th largest economy in the world. And that's before accounting for pent up growth we'd experience after being unshackled from the East.
We'd do very well on our own, maybe so well that everyone here complaining about their jurisdiction will have to move to the new country of Western Canada.

I'm confident it'll happen one day. But I'm not sure if it'll happen soon enough to save the West.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
If someone chooses to get vaxinated, that's there choice.

I take serious issue when it is mandatory and forced.

That violates every human rights law in the books.
It can be soft and hard pressure. You can be denied entry to countries. Denied access to certain public places. Kids denied access to schools if not vaxinated.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
It can be soft and hard pressure. You can be denied entry to countries. Denied access to certain public places. Kids denied access to schools if not vaxinated.
True, both are bad and violates human rights.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
True, both are bad and violates human rights.
I dont think any government will write laws to put people into prison for not taking vaccine.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Dutch House of Representatives voted for a law (for 103, against 26) that - gives Covid (+future variants) same status as Ebola - gives Government unlimited powers: curfew, lockdown, mask mandate, vaccine mandate etc - takes away ALL constitutional protection How did this happen?

In the meantime, Victoria has 8 new Covid cases EIGHT.
Who wants to bet this psycho will lock us down again within a few days?Capture.PNG

Last edited:

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I dont think any government will write laws to put people into prison for not taking vaccine.

Unfortunately you are already wrong. It's happening now.

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
i am from Malaysia :

to tell you the truth, people are sick of our government as well ..

cases are rising everyday..

but at the start of pandemic, Malaysia was among the first that succesfully lowered the cases up to hundreds

now its two different story

if you want to live in Malaysia, i would argue with you, the pandemic is one of our worst nightmare right now

But.. there are parts of Malaysia that i would like to share with you all, that mostly foreigner would agree upon is

We have lots of beautiful sandy beaches and islands .. in fact, Mat Dan (formerly known as Daniel) from UK.. came to malaysia and stayed on an island here..for months ..and he found peace here..stayed until now and married to local folks..

We have lots of jungle and rural areas ...

Crime is not that bad .. some places only

Most people would love to stay n lived here because they felt in love with Malaysia ..

Thats all i have to say .. there are no apparent reason actually

It's like laying on a beach and hope that the moment would last forever ..thats Malaysia

We are not heavily populated

We are rich in foods and culture

People are mostly polite and would treat outsiders with utmost respect

Cost of living is low

It is an islamic country though but most of us are not that strict at all ..and most foreigners do find that islam in Malaysia is quite Ok ...
I've been to Malaysia and Panang did have some nice beaches. I beg to differ with you though about being rich in food. At least in Kuala Lumpur, it always seemed my food choices were chicken, chicken or chicken. Not much of a coffee culture there either, which is not good for me.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
@xmartel Harper is the one who started me on the path to realizing all politician are the same. He was an absolute moron who hated the fact that people had personal freedom and spent his entire time as Prime Minister doing everything he could to grow government power at the expense of the individual.

Remember all those massive bills he would ram through parliament that were full of wording designed to strip the individual of any rights? All in the name of "protecting children from online predators". Don't vote for our bill and you hate children. Meanwhile 5 pages are dedicated to this, and 427 pages are dedicated to throwing you in prison for having weed in your pocket and granting them more powers.

Every politician is worse than every one that came before them, I think that's a requirement to be voted in. Jason Kenny hated your freedoms in federal politics, and licked Harper's boots every chance he got. Somehow that clown was hailed in as some saviour in Alberta and yet he has been a snake his whole life. And now his true colors are showing even more through this whole pandemic as Premier of Alberta.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
You guys think the corona virus stuff and forcing people to take vaccines under threat of essentially forced retirement and indefinite home detention is bad? Keep in mind this is the FIRST time these assholes have started flexing. All of what they are doing is relatively new, and these are their first steps.

When has any politician not taken new powers and run with them? You know that whole "slippery slope" thing? Well these guys are throwing us off a cliff as the first step and nearly everyone is accepting it. It scares me what they are going to do after. Or what they are going to do when whatever Boogie man comes next.

Jadus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 21, 2020
Thailand
I moved to Thailand over 6 years ago, partially because I could see the shit storm coming to America. I felt a lot more free here. Apart from dealing with immigration just a little too much, I could pretty much do what I wanted and the government left people alone.

All that changed last year of course. The government got draconian along with all the other countries. Even as I write this, Bangkok is in yet another lockdown with a curfew. Before, I never saw homeless people in Thailand. Now, there are many living on the streets as a result of these lockdowns that destroyed tourism and their businesses. "Stay home and stay safe" goes the propaganda. What if you don't have a home?

Things are a little better here in the north but there are still crazy things going on. Like people being arrested for not finishing their beer at a restaurant by 9pm. It definitely isn't the same country I made my home 6 years ago.

I think that no matter what country you live in, you'll find more freedom away from the big cities, like New York and LA in America or Bangkok here in Thailand. I now live in a small town where things feel a little more normal. I still have to wear a mask going into 7-11 but don't wear one if I'm just walking around the neighborhood, even though a lot of my neighbors do. There is one motorcycle cop that lives in the area and he always give me a friendly nod if we pass when I'm out walking the dog.

There are downsides to living in a small town in Thailand though. Less shopping choices, no western food sources and other inconveniences. For example, these villages deliver the news via loudspeakers at 7am. There is one, not so close to the house but so loud you can't escape it. This is a problem for me since I run a business in the USA and sometimes have to work late at night (morning in America).

Another big problem is that Thais love to burn everything they can get their hands on. We have trash pick up here but some prefer to burn it and everyone (except me) burns yard waste. It may be more in the country but that doesn't mean the air is always clean.

I suppose there is no perfect place to be. As others have said, you have to weigh the pros and cons of every location. Find the one that has the most of what you're looking for and the least of what you don't want.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I waste so much time arguing about politics, that I’m considering just running for office sooner than later.

It is discouraging and it seems like a person can do so little.

But, at risk of being super cheesy, the little things a person does can echo and change the world.

This goes with the internal locus of control.

I almost believe that the world is a self fulfilling prophecy. If we start saying “America is a free country”, perhaps it will be. And this goes for every country.

But at the very least...we can do our best. In small ways. Every day.

Maybe the right approach is to shoot the bird at them and walk away. I want to do it as bad as everyone here. But maybe that doesn’t really work either. Maybe you can leave while still trying to have a positive effect on the world.

I am not criticizing or taking a side, just suggesting some ideas and thoughts.

Also don’t discount the thought that some states could try to separate. It is a long shot, but could be a good way to save the good parts of the body from its rotting parts.
I think more people need to step up right now and run for office that haven't been in the system to change the system because they're fresh minds and not conditioned as much to follow the herd in there already.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I think more people need to step up right now and run for office that haven't been in the system to change the system because they're fresh minds and not conditioned as much to follow the herd in there already.
That won't fix shit, just create more problems.

I am all for anarchy.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I've been to Malaysia and Panang did have some nice beaches. I beg to differ with you though about being rich in food. At least in Kuala Lumpur, it always seemed my food choices were chicken, chicken or chicken. Not much of a coffee culture there either, which is not good for me.
You must have gone to all the wrong food places lol.
Where did you go?
Chicken is a major meat indeed, but we do have squid (nasi kandar), ikan bakar (grilled fish) and even pork (almost a staple in the non-halal areas- got bak kut teh, dim sum, or a classical siew yoke roast...)

As for coffee culture, I believe there's the kopi-tiam (literally coffee shop-a jumble of Malay and Hokkien lingo).
Old grandpa-styled coffee shops that serve coffee, bread and eggs-and even noodles.

1626276250393.png

Can be crowded and messy, but the right kopitiam should have some good food that doesn't destroy the wallet.

Coffee-wise, the original kopitiams stick to black coffee, teh tarik or other variants...but I've spotted places that have started offering more exotic options like lattes and espressos. A lot cheaper than the trendy Western wannabee cafes too.

(Unless you landed at the Old Town White Coffee chain of restaurants, which sell local foods for F*cking rip-off prices. I mean...hor fun noodles at close to RM12?! You can get that for a quarter of the price outside, and tasting more original!)

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
You must have gone to all the wrong food places lol.
Where did you go?
Chicken is a major meat indeed, but we do have squid (nasi kandar), ikan bakar (grilled fish) and even pork (almost a staple in the non-halal areas- got bak kut teh, dim sum, or a classical siew yoke roast...)

As for coffee culture, I believe there's the kopi-tiam (literally coffee shop-a jumble of Malay and Hokkien lingo).
Old grandpa-styled coffee shops that serve coffee, bread and eggs-and even noodles.

View attachment 38898

Can be crowded and messy, but the right kopitiam should have some good food that doesn't destroy the wallet.

Coffee-wise, the original kopitiams stick to black coffee, teh tarik or other variants...but I've spotted places that have started offering more exotic options like lattes and espressos. A lot cheaper than the trendy Western wannabee cafes too.

(Unless you landed at the Old Town White Coffee chain of restaurants, which sell local foods for f*cking rip-off prices. I mean...hor fun noodles at close to RM12?! You can get that for a quarter of the price outside, and tasting more original!)
Malaysia Boleh is very popular in Singapore now.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Malaysia Boleh is very popular in Singapore now.
I can say the Netherlands, Belgium, and Germany are having some floods the last few days. I'm not nuts about the Netherlands being under sea level and if they dykes and stuff break.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

That won't fix shit, just create more problems.

I am all for anarchy.
The problem with anarchy, is that it creates a vacuum, and that vacuum always ends up being filled by the worst and most evil people around. Yes, I mean the governmental vacuum.

Then you start the whole cycle over -> despots and dictators -> poverty and death -> fight for freedom -> get too comfy -> vote for too much stuff that can't be sustained -> collapse into anarchy -> repeat.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A country can survive bad politicians, but it cannot survive the legion of idiots who continue to vote them in.

When government proxies control the media, you control the lemmings.

At this point, if Facebook or CNN told the populace to stay home forever because it would help "the children", the majority wouldn't question it. And if you didn't comply, you'd be branded an "X" (enter some derogatory label here).

2am2am2am

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 14, 2021
Long time lurker here. Had to sign up and applaud the fast laners in this topic who can see through the agenda.

Here in the UK, its a nightmare. The restrictions we are seeing in Cyprus, France, Netherlands, etc are heading for our doorstep & it will be accepted by the vast majority of people.

I think the agenda will catch you up wherever you go, but moving abroad seems like the only logical option right now. Mexico or the Philippines are my considerations (i’m half Filipino).

Problem is, I am early into my web development journey & only have £7000 in savings so definitely not fastlane. What would you do in this situation? Get out of this dystopian nightmare even with little financial resource (who’s to say they won’t crash the economy, look whats happening with the dollar) or stay in the UK and pray…

Last edited:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Left Canada for Mexico back in November. When I told my family that I wanted to get out before they closed the borders again they said I was crazy. Not too long after I left all flights to Mexico and the Caribbean were cancelled until May I believe.

Although @GPM and I have different views of Quintana Roo (maybe I'd feel differently if I had a family) I am really enjoying my life here in Playa del Carmen. Sure, if you go down the walking street you're going to get harassed to buy trinkets and drugs, but I enjoy a good sales pitch. Just say no gracias and keep walking.

If you're going into a big corporate store, they require a mask. As you get out of the more touristy and populated areas, people care less about them. In Bacalar last week most restaurants and stores didn't ask for it.

The only time I've dealt with crime since I've been here was when I was renting a car. I went into Wal Mart for 20 minutes, came out and the lock on my door had been popped. Now, the cops said that some rental companies will go around and look for their cars to do damage to and collect cash. My friend here told me that thieves here won't mess with any locals vehicles (rental cars have obvious stickers) for fear of messing with the wrong person's ride and getting popped. So I just bought my own, haven't had any issues even though it kinda sticks out.

When I lived in Viet Nam I got used to always having cash in my pocket for when you get pulled over. 99% of the time the cops just want a bribe to go away. Pretty much the same deal here.

A few months back I flew to Guadalajara with my girlfriend so that we could drive her car back here (24 hour drive) over half the country. Stayed on the toll highways and even drove at night some times, had no issues.

If you keep to yourself and just don't be an a**hole to locals, you'll be fine. I'd rather have to deal with some organized crime than the big-time organized criminals (government) back where I'm from.

Other people commenting have a good point in that these restrictions and the government overreach will eventually get everywhere, but I feel like Mexicans don't take too kindly when politicians treat them poorly, and there are plenty of instances of the people burning down their houses, dragging them through the streets throwing rocks at them. The revolutionary spirit is still very alive in Chiapas and I've been told by my employees that there are whole communities where they have their own currencies and they govern themselves, the state government doesn't even try coming in.

Maybe in the end I'll be wrong and the gov here will clamp down, but I sure am glad I'm here and not back home. Been having some of the best times of my life here.

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
How well do you Mexican travelers speak Spanish? Thinking about adding either that or Portuguese to what I know just in case.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
A country can survive bad politicians, but it cannot survive the legion of idiots who continue to vote them in.

When government proxies control the media, you control the lemmings.

At this point, if Facebook or CNN told the populace to stay home forever because it would help "the children", the majority wouldn't question it. And if you didn't comply, you'd be branded an "X" (enter some derogatory label here).

The problem is, you have to vote for someone and they are all idiots.

In Australia I have to vote or I get fined.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
How well do you Mexican travelers speak Spanish? Thinking about adding either that or Portuguese to what I know just in case.

Most people will get by without speaking the local language, in most countries. However, that potentially opens you up as a bigger target to be milked.

I remember once, some crooked cops tried to run an extortion scam on me on the streets of Mexico City, at night.
Since I'm able to speak enough Spanish, I was also able to call them out on their bullshit, and even turn the tables around on them.

I'd recommend learning Spanish over Portuguese. You'll find yourself in a lot more places where you'll use it. I learned some Portuguese too, as it is similar enough (on paper) to Spanish. Knowing Spanish makes it much easier to learn Portuguese. I lived in Brazil for almost a year, so I was able to actually use my Portuguese. I love Spanish as a language, but Portuguese sounds pretty awful to me.

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Very interesting reading the replies on this. I think I can sum it up as "the grass is always greener on the other side"

I think about leaving sometimes, as someone with brown skin and a mixed raced daughter I feel my options are limited and it is disturbing the amount of overt racism in the UK at the moment.

Then I think, F*ck it, it's my country. I've been here almost 50 years and I'm not going anywhere.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
So I am in lockdown again.
There is no end in sight to this madness.
This stopped being about health a very long time ago.
19 cases statewide, and the ENTIRE STATE is in lockdown.
We have been locked down more than anywhere else in the entire world.
My friends are losing their businesses left and right over this stuff, it's actually not even surprising at this point.

For a handful of cases? The virus isn't out of control, but the government certainly is.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.