The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FB ads are sick! (No longer converting!?)

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Hey FLFers!

Those of you who use FB ads must know that ads are really sick. I've noticed a huge drop off since the end of Feb.

I want to start a thread to discuss your experiences, findings, results etc. I'm happy to chime in too having spent $300,000 on ads since June 2015.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Nov 27, 2012
By sick you mean not working for you anymore?
My conversions dropped drastically the past month. Facebook also had me change the copy of the ad and the landing page. That may have caused the drop too.

I'm curious to know if this is a wider trend...

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
By sick you mean not working for you anymore?
My conversions dropped drastically the past month. Facebook also had me change the copy of the ad and the landing page. That may have caused the drop too.

I'm curious to know if this is a wider trend...

Yeah I'm mean they're FUBAR right now.

D

Deleted20833

facebook ads.png
This was a month ago but I stop running it since I'm redoing my core offer sales page

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
What's happening with Facebook ads?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Can you give some figures to explain what you are seeing.

Do you think the ROI is still worth it for people new to using FB ads?

I have a niche product (both geographically and market) coming online within two months and FB ads were on my radar.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
What's happening with Facebook ads?

I have ads running for months and years to millions not converting now. It's the same across the board with my colleagues and friends. I know a guy who sold $2.5m worth of t-shirts last year and he's struggling too.

We think it's FB Pixel related. The data it's gathering isn't accurate enough.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Can you give some figures to explain what you are seeing.

Do you think the ROI is still worth it for people new to using FB ads?

I have a niche product (both geographically and market) coming online within two months and FB ads were on my radar.

I was spending up to $1500/day but since the end of Feb 2016, I've noticed a HUGE drop in ROI. Ads don't scale past $5/day and I'm spending around $350/day just to make a profit.

Yes - sending FB users to my Shopify stores.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Are you driving traffic to one place like ecomm or is it across different products/verticals?

I'm sending traffic to my Shopify stores. I use all the usual ad objectives as well Dynamic Product Ads for retargeting.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Karl Chester

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Apr 29, 2016
Warrington
Hey FLFers!

Those of you who use FB ads must know that ads are really sick. I've noticed a huge drop off since the end of Feb.

I want to start a thread to discuss your experiences, findings, results etc. I'm happy to chime in too having spent $300,000 on ads since June 2015.

Thanks.

I've noticed boosting to affluent areas way out of your region helps but it depend on your product if it's worth doing or not.... I threw up a campaign towards affluent areas of Africa last night, south Africa, equatorial guinea, Gabon ect. I'm in retail. It exceeded it's max reach of 6k and is already at a reach of 25k... best part is that was from just a £3 ! I never wanted to spend much as it was a risk trying to sell my product there, and as expected I've just enquiries as of yet but a bunch of new potential.

It feels like I'm having to spend much more lately to reach customers! Reach is usually poor and thousands of people don't see what by rights after liking my page they should see unless I pay for them to see it, I have to promote every post now where as there was a time last year I'd get a 12k to 20k reach without even trying and orders to go with!

No idea what's up with it, guess you just got stay persistent with other options when it's slowing down like this but I'm yet to benefit as good from other social media ads, have you more luck campaigning on Instagram or twitter?

Attachments

• data1.png
    data1.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 26

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
is this modern business "talk" these days? SICK, FUBAR.....Very professional.

sick1
sɪk/
adjective
adjective: sick; comparative adjective: sicker; superlative adjective: sickest
    • (of an organization, system, or society) suffering from serious problems.
      "the British economy remains sick"

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I've noticed boosting to affluent areas way out of your region helps but it depend on your product if it's worth doing or not.... I threw up a campaign towards affluent areas of Africa last night, south Africa, equatorial guinea, Gabon ect. I'm in retail. It exceeded it's max reach of 6k and is already at a reach of 25k... best part is that was from just a £3 ! I never wanted to spend much as it was a risk trying to sell my product there, and as expected I've just enquiries as of yet but a bunch of new potential.

It feels like I'm having to spend much more lately to reach customers! Reach is usually poor and thousands of people don't see what by rights after liking my page they should see unless I pay for them to see it, I have to promote every post now where as there was a time last year I'd get a 12k to 20k reach without even trying and orders to go with!

No idea what's up with it, guess you just got stay persistent with other options when it's slowing down like this but I'm yet to benefit as good from other social media ads, have you more luck campaigning on Instagram or twitter?

I'm targeting the US only since I have product in my US fulfilment center. I can ship overseas and do sometimes when I get viral sales from non-US countries but it's expensive.

I'm testing Google Adwords with another store that I sell from. It's early days but I'm getting clicks and QS is high so I'm on the right path. I'm working on improving my conversion rates.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
F##ked Up Beyond All Recognition. It was originally a military expression, I think. That's where I first heard it.

I heard it in Saving Private Ryan. I think.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Changed the thread title ... "sick" can mean bad a$$. In this case, sick means something is wrong.

Nonetheless, this is the 2nd thread saying as much... some kind of algo tweak going on?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

mom

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 9, 2016
this place seems over run with the "bro crowd" these day Go to a business meeting and talk like this..see where it gets you. And the attitude!

Seems to have a lot of kids, newbies posting away.

i'll leave it alone. i don't have the time nor the inclination.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hey FLFers!

Thanks.

FB don't like me, they say the can only promote gambling if it's being pushed by the big boys :(

I saw the video below a while ago, it's about likes, but I think it has ramification for advertising. This video is 2 and a half years old and clearly people were still reporting good returns, but now, maybe this effect is kicking in.

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
this place seems over run with the "bro crowd" these day Go to a business meeting and talk like this..see where it gets you. And the attitude!

Nobody is forcing you to engage

ExtantVillain

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 29, 2015
I'm glad I am not the only one. My product has a reach of ~15 million and I am only receiving a few clicks per day. Previously I was paying ~$0.16 per click, now it is averaging $2.37 per click. I'll hold out for awhile and wait.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed

You're reading waaaaay too much into this and detracting from the point of the thread. Plus I'm confused since your name is "mom" but you state you're a male?

I am a newbie on FLF but certainly not a noob when it comes to business.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Changed the thread title ... "sick" can mean bad a$$. In this case, sick means something is wrong.

Nonetheless, this is the 2nd thread saying as much... some kind of algo tweak going on?

Thanks MJ. Lesson learnt.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.