The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

No Longer Employed

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
As of today I am no longer employed.

I don't have to answer to anyone (except for customers and the missus!)

I am free to work on my own ventures, make my own decisions and take my own risks. Fortunately I've already hustled my way to a sideline that's already making good sales and just needs to be heavily worked on to increase revenues.

Enough about me, the point being is that too many people talk about being their own boss, having residual incomes, "passive income" is a good one I hear a lot, too many people talk about it but never do it. Fear of the unknown, lack of confidence, fear of failing, fear of taking a risk, fear of not paying the bills or what people might think.

Truth is, you will pay the bills, you will learn and you will gain the confidence required to succeed, even if that learning is by failing (the first time).

But you will only do this with a clear cut plan of what you want and how much you need to achieve it, and this plan is useless without another plan of how you will help enough people in exchange for money be it from products or services, to achieve your goals.

If you want to make millions and drive your dream car and live your dream lifestyle, then why are you worried about paying your $20,000 a year basic bills now? A limited and contradictory mind set won't get you the results you're looking for.

I spent years wanting to go my own way, I spent years saying I'd leave, I even quit once but changed my mind before the end of my notice period was up. I worked for the family business so my "job" was more a business than a job and leaving had greater implications than if I were simply an employee, I had to run, manage and succeed in a business to feed up to 30 people below me and I was largely responsible for whether people did or did not get paid, and I realised that every month, everyone got paid. I was already succeeding in business, it just wasn't my business.

If you're reading this and the above statement resonates with you then don't be like me. Do it now whilst you can, if you don't have children yet, even better, nothing to lose, if you do have kids (like me) then stop using that as an excuse and do it anyway.

The thing that pushed me over the edge into leaving was after I read The Millionaire Fastlane ... after reading the book and posting here regularly I just realised that I wasn't living the life I wanted, so I found a replacement for myself at work and promoted him up so the business could continue, I sold my flash car and cut my outgoings whilst increasing my business. I may officially have left my job today, but my plan has been in full action for over 9 months.

Have a plan, know your figures, have confidence, execute.

And remember that the very worst thing that'll happen is that you'll end up working at McDonalds with a great story to tell, ready to start again with more knowledge, grit and determination. Doesn't sound so bad huh?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
As of today I am no longer employed.

I don't have to answer to anyone (except for customers and the missus!)

I am free to work on my own ventures, make my own decisions and take my own risks. Fortunately I've already hustled my way to a sideline that's already making good sales and just needs to be heavily worked on to increase revenues.

Enough about me, the point being is that too many people talk about being their own boss, having residual incomes, "passive income" is a good one I hear a lot, too many people talk about it but never do it. Fear of the unknown, lack of confidence, fear of failing, fear of taking a risk, fear of not paying the bills or what people might think.

Truth is, you will pay the bills, you will learn and you will gain the confidence required to succeed, even if that learning is by failing (the first time).

But you will only do this with a clear cut plan of what you want and how much you need to achieve it, and this plan is useless without another plan of how you will help enough people in exchange for money be it from products or services, to achieve your goals.

If you want to make millions and drive your dream car and live your dream lifestyle, then why are you worried about paying your $20,000 a year basic bills now? A limited and contradictory mind set won't get you the results you're looking for.

I spent years wanting to go my own way, I spent years saying I'd leave, I even quit once but changed my mind before the end of my notice period was up. I worked for the family business so my "job" was more a business than a job and leaving had greater implications than if I were simply an employee, I had to run, manage and succeed in a business to feed up to 30 people below me and I was largely responsible for whether people did or did not get paid, and I realised that every month, everyone got paid. I was already succeeding in business, it just wasn't my business.

If you're reading this and the above statement resonates with you then don't be like me. Do it now whilst you can, if you don't have children yet, even better, nothing to lose, if you do have kids (like me) then stop using that as an excuse and do it anyway.

The thing that pushed me over the edge into leaving was after I read The Millionaire Fastlane ... after reading the book and posting here regularly I just realised that I wasn't living the life I wanted, so I found a replacement for myself at work and promoted him up so the business could continue, I sold my flash car and cut my outgoings whilst increasing my business. I may officially have left my job today, but my plan has been in full action for over 9 months.

Have a plan, know your figures, have confidence, execute.

And remember that the very worst thing that'll happen is that you'll end up working at McDonalds with a great story to tell, ready to start again with more knowledge, grit and determination. Doesn't sound so bad huh?
Great story, and nicely written. Thanks @SparksCW.

Congratulations on becoming your own boss.

Forget "passive income", being in control of your hours is an amazing first step. As is building your own dream instead of someone else's.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.