The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlaners and future-fastlaners, how are you doing?

Tom J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 7, 2020
South Island of New Zealand
Hello everyone on the forum,

My name is Tom - I decided I would join this forum after reading MJ DeMarco's book 'The Millionaire Fastlane '. I learnt many things from that book; props to Marco.

I am currently a student, and I live in the South Island of New Zealand.

So that's about all I have to say when it comes to my introduction. I hope we can bounce new ideas off each other and learn new things off this forum.

See ya later,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

My name is Tom - I decided I would join this forum after reading MJ DeMarco's book 'The Millionaire Fastlane '. I learnt many things from that book; props to Marco.

So that's about all I have to say when it comes to my introduction. I hope we can bounce new ideas off each other and learn new things off this forum.

See ya later,
Welcome! Thanks for coming by.
Yup, hope you can find new lessons from TFLF as well.

I've been to NZ's South Island before.
Probably one of the most picturesque and beautiful places to visit. Lots of nature and wild flowers everywhere on the roads. And the occasional rabbit.

At that time, I was just a kid so I got bored with the scenery rather quickly.

Now, as I remember my time there, it was splendid. When I have to fight traffic jams and do the usual grind, I think back of that NZ trip. Guess you only appreciate the nicer things of life as you grow older...

GMBSource

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 1, 2020
Canada
Welcome! Thanks for coming by.
Yup, hope you can find new lessons from TFLF as well.

I've been to NZ's South Island before.
Probably one of the most picturesque and beautiful places to visit. Lots of nature and wild flowers everywhere on the roads. And the occasional rabbit.

At that time, I was just a kid so I got bored with the scenery rather quickly.

Now, as I remember my time there, it was splendid. When I have to fight traffic jams and do the usual grind, I think back of that NZ trip. Guess you only appreciate the nicer things of life as you grow older...

See ya later,

Sorry to go off topic, but related to this, how's it like living in NZ? Is there a lot to do in the outdoors? How's the weather like? I'm looking for a climate that is mild in the winter, doesn't rain a lot, and has great summers :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Sorry to go off topic, but related to this, how's it like living in NZ? Is there a lot to do in the outdoors? How's the weather like? I'm looking for a climate that is mild in the winter, doesn't rain a lot, and has great summers :p
Well, I went there only for a few weeks, so I'll only share some snippets. :happy:
I went there in December- around Summer.

Summer there is not very hot (at least for Asians like me), but apparently around as early as 5-6am, the sun is already up, and around 6-7pm-ish, nightfall descents quickly. And I don't remember a lot of raining though.

I've heard from a relative there that winters in NZ can be quite cold though.

As to whether there's lots to do with the outdoors, I suppose there is, depending on what you pick to do in NZ. My trip with my family there was more organised, but we met lots of foreigners on the farms and local markets, who engaged in some sort of work-abroad program where they helped out NZ farmers for some hours a day, and then goofed off the rest of the day. :rofl:

Tom J

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jul 7, 2020
South Island of New Zealand
Well, I went there only for a few weeks, so I'll only share some snippets. :happy:
I went there in December- around Summer.

Summer there is not very hot (at least for Asians like me), but apparently around as early as 5-6am, the sun is already up, and around 6-7pm-ish, nightfall descents quickly. And I don't remember a lot of raining though.

I've heard from a relative there that winters in NZ can be quite cold though.

As to whether there's lots to do with the outdoors, I suppose there is, depending on what you pick to do in NZ. My trip with my family there was more organised, but we met lots of foreigners on the farms and local markets, who engaged in some sort of work-abroad program where they helped out NZ farmers for some hours a day, and then goofed off the rest of the day. :rofl:
Yes it's currently winter in the South Island and it's common for temperatures to reach -2 Celsius. Probably one of the biggest disadvantages of living in the South Island.

Summers can be quite hot, it depends on which months. The South Island (and all of New Zealand) does not have stable weather: one day it can be very hot and another day it can be very cold.

That's about all I have to say to be honest about life in the South Island. I think the first thing that comes to people's minds when I say I live in the South Island is that I live in some deserted house in the mountains. Not really true, there are big cities in the South Island such as Christchurch (2nd largest in NZ) and Dunedin (3rd largest in NZ).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...