The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane story time: underwear

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
D

Deleted78083

Hey,

I'd like to share a fastlane story coming directly from my country. It embodies all of the CENTS Commandments with process and execution, and shows that a fastlane business doesn't have to be "sexy". Or does it?

Upon buying clothes in a second-hand shop, two Belgians (the founders) suddenly came to realization that it wasn't really possible to buy second hand underwear because...gross. So they decided to make their own high-quality underwear that people can keep for years and years without having to throw them away after a couple of months so as to avoid waste. After all, fast-fashion is not super good for the planet.

They started the process of looking for fabrics, factories, and how to make and design the products. It took them one year, then they eventually established themselves in Portugal because it was cheaper (they want the product to be affordable for everyone) and there were facilities to make clothes there. They use ecological and biological products that they source locally and deliver their underwear in all of Europe. They're not yet super famous, but I predict an explosive growth in the upcoming months as "mainstream media" started to talk about them now.

Their business fully respects CENTS commandments:
- Control: they make their own products and buy raw material from different suppliers. Should one supplier let them down, they'll just find another one and have therefore full control on their production. Furthermore, they also complained that one type of fabric they need is only available in India and not in Europe, which is annoying because they'd like to source as locally as possible...(bloop, another need to fulfill).
- Entry: took them one year of research (which is not that much) to find suppliers and come up with the products, so not anyone can just "be open for business" within 24 hours.
- Need: The idea started from a need (theirs) to buy high-quality ecological and affordable underwear. Who doesn't wear underwear? They also launched a crowdfunding campaign as a way to test for their market.
- Time: their income is not defined by time, but by the number of people that buy their products: unlimited growth potential
- Scale: the product is made in a factory where they use 3D-printing that they can easily scale.

I thought that the simplicity of that story was such that I should share it here. It illustrates how fastlane business ideas are all around and that what is ultimately important is to execute on the idea. Their business is far from revolutionnary, but it addresses a need and it addresses it well, so...it works!

Hope it can aspire some people!

M.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Who throws out their underwear after a couple of months?

But if there are many people out there for who this is a problem, this is a great solution for sure!

D

Deleted78083

Who throws out their underwear after a couple of months?

But if there are many people out there for who this is a problem, this is a great solution for sure!

I don't know if i can call out brands on this forum, but we have a couple of clothes brands where you can thow clothes away after two or three months : (

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've been commando my whole life..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.