The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here we are, long story short...

VinnieJones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 10, 2021
Netherlands
Hey Everyone!

After I read TMFL and MJ recommended this forum I had to take a look.....

I just want to give a quick introduction of myself on this forum. I have been lurking around for a month now on this forum and I must say; WOW I wish I found this earlier, what a gem... so much value in one place and people that are trying to help each other out. Fantastic!

Because I always struggled to find like minded people that are into creating there own future and set themselves free from the rat race this is really the place that I needed.

About myself;

I am 29yrs old and from the Netherlands. And I always have been fascinated by people that are into entrepreneurship since the age of 19/20. To me it was so interesting to see that there are actually people who do their own thing and work for themselves. Since then I always had a desire to become an entrepreneur.... Lots of years, ideas and lack of executing later....

Long story short

Had a girlfriend/relationship from 20-23/24(lived together, way too soon;) anyway good lesson!) after we broke up I decided to travel and went a broad for 3 years in total. This was actually the best decision in my life as I really learned so much about life in general...

While travelling I always came up with ideas to start a business for when I came back home because I never want to be depending on a boss anymore. I wanted to be my own boss, and decided to start a Friethuis (Dutch for; a small place where they sell fresh fries) because this was pretty easy(As I do not have a particular skillset) to setup and the margins were great (didn't know anything about CENTS)

Opportunity

When I came back from travelling I decided to work in a café/restaurant to gain experience. When the guy hired me I told him that I only worked for him to gain experience and then after a year or so, set up shop and do my own thing.

Because the guy I was working for was experienced in this field (he had opened up several cafes/restaurants and gained value in them) and he saw that I was working hard and had potential, he started looking around for me... He had spotted an opportunity in a nearby town. I decided to investigate this and saw also potential in this opportunity; loads of tourism in the summer and I was basically the only with running this kind of formula.

Fast forward. Had an appointment with the agent. Saw the business and decided to go for it together together with the investor. As I didn't have all the money required to do it by myself I had an investor who chipped in. This investor is actually a Dad of my best friends who retired early in his career....(the only person who really inspired who I really know in person)

We offered a price that we thought was fair, below the asking price as it was up for sale quite a bit. There was another party involved that offered a higher price then us but they didn't had the full price in cash. We did so we stayed with our offer. Eventually the owners went with the higher bid. I was left empty handed....

I let is sunk for a bit and quit my job at the café/restaurant. I decided it was not meant to be. And at that moment Corona came into the world....I praised myself lucky that I didn't own that shop because of all the lockdowns and no tourism, I was about to go broke in no time...

E-commerce

This got me thinking that I cannot be depending on such factors...I decided to start a little hustle online (to get my feet wet) and start selling products on a Dutch platform (I know its easy entry, but better staying busy then doing nothing). Currently doing this now for a year or so. Doing around 2k a month in revenue now with 2 products.

Recently partnered up with my brother who is also running an ecommerce shop. We are planning to set up a brand in computer accessories. This particular niche has a lot of community's online and people who are really into these products. We just did our first source and found a good supplier that can meet our terms. I know there isn't much of control on these e-commerce platforms but I think if we can setup a solid brand and eventually have our own canals on which we can sell we are in control.

Work

Currently I am working at a big steel factory nearby town. This work is F*cking horrendous. Working there for a year now and it is just for paying my bills. Everyday I try to approach it from a positive perspective but it is so hard haha! The people that are working there are robots. I get no inspiration what so ever from these people. It is just work...All my life approached work as just as something to pay my bills.

Because of this approach I have never developed a skillset which I can monetize on. Recently I am really regretting (getting older...) this and want to start building up some fundamentals/skills. The only thing is that for me it is hard to decide on which skill I have to focus on and start developing. Does any of you have tips where to look for when deciding to start developing a skill?

Because I read the threat Getting started is this simple that really inspired me to do more executing and get involved in a side hustle to leave this job thing which is draining me mentally....
Brainstorming for ideas now and reading as many value on this forum....

The ecommerce business is not profitable yet to stop working as all the revenue is going back into it....

Personal development

Been on the personal development thing for a while now (3yrs) and try to progress everyday. First book I read was Rich Dad Poor Dad and went from there on to different books like; think and grow rich, master your mindset, psycho cybernetics, can't hurt, new earth, millionaire fastlane and so on....

Habits I developed

• Meditate
  • Journaling
  • Exercise
  • Read
  • Cold showers
Slacking on

• Planning, I tried it a million times to plan my days in the day before. But after a week or so, I quit. I feel like planning your days gives you less options to slagg and more clearity. I think I haven't found the right recipe yet...
  • Motivation, sometimes I am high on motivation and some days I am just off. I think this is because I am not focused enough on one thing and haven't set my goals properly...
Goals for this year

• Leave work and trade it for a side hustle that pays the bills
  • Getting my feet wet in ecommerce and build a brand
  • Developing a new skill (don't have one since I always had the wrong approach of working, always been doing low skilled jobs)
  • Come up with CENTS ideas (really opened my eyes reading about this concept and approach of business)
  • Connect more with fastlaners and learn from them (which i found hard now with the Covid thing, that's why I love this forum and want to get involved. I think it is a good starting point)

So guys I'll wrap it up for now....this is my story, first one ever written on a forum. Really tried my best to paint the picture clear of myself (been writing 2 hrs now haha)

If you have food for thought, ideas or insights regarding my story... Please don't hesitate and spit it out. I'll be reading everything!

Have a blessed day everyone!

Just wanted to say that I am really thankful for this forum/community and valuable information on here...Also TMFL that gave me really valuable insights, thanks again!

Let's go!

VinnieJones

** PS. I wanted to tag MJ in here but can't figure it out...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing. I'd recommend developing your side hustle before leaving work. It's a lot easier to think when you don't have to worry about paying the bills.

MJ will see this. He reads just about all of the intro threads.

VinnieJones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 10, 2021
Netherlands
Welcome to the forum, thanks for sharing. I'd recommend developing your side hustle before leaving work. It's a lot easier to think when you don't have to worry about paying the bills.

MJ will see this. He reads just about all of the intro threads.
Thanks lowtek!

Yeah definitely. Never throw your old shoes away before you own a new pair is a saying we use over here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...