The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fatty Forum

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Start 210
Goal 165
Current 193.5 Down 16.5

After losing 4 pounds the week before I only lost 1 pound this week. I am trying to think of what i did differently this week. I know it's normal to lose pounds in spurts but there are some differences. I exercised less and spent a lot of time on the phone this week regarding my new business and getting things set up.

I also drank less water throughout the day. The week I lost 4 pounds I drank 8-10 tall glasses of water each day. I think I reduced that to maybe half that. I felt bloated and it was hard for me to choke down all the water where that first week it went down easy.

I also was less consistent with my food intake. The week before I ate the same things for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. This week I had more of a variety of things.

I will be hitting the road running this week to increase my water intake back to the 8-10 glasses, spending more time exercising, and getting into a routine of certain foods.

I am glad I still lost weight but I was expecting to be closer to 190 :smx2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PEERless

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jan 23, 2008
In my case the goal is to gain a few pounds
Yes! Finally another gainer! Welcome!

As of today, I have gained 10.5 of the 20ish pounds I am trying to put on! In the last two weeks, I have gained 7.5 pounds -- 1.2 of muscle, 3.0 of fat, 3.2 of water, and (oddly) 0.1 of bone! I'm doing heavy, compound lifts with lots of rest; and I'm downing 4200 calories/day.

The comments and compliments keep coming. I'm "filling out" and have "better posture."

WEIGHT (lbs):
Origional: 155
Current: 165.5 (10.5 increase)
Goal: 176 (10.5 left)

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
I think God just decided I am going to stay at 214.

I've been bad lately, doing weights and not doing the hamster wheel for an hour a day like I am supposed to so there is a definite fat loss according to my pants but I gotta knock off the weights, I wear wool suits, not bathing suits and my I'm putting my tailor's kids through school with alterations... Waistbands are cheap, start taking jackets in at the waist and out at the shoulders and it gets pricey.

New bike coming for father's day, that'll do it :)

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Start 210
Goal 165
Current 190 Down 20

This week was another fairly decent week although I landed on a 5 day plateau at 190. I dropped from 193.5 to 192.5 on Saturday. On Monday morning I weighed in at 190 and have been there since. I was hoping to wake up this morning to be under that mark. Would have loved to have seen the 8 in 189 on my digital scale. But it didn't happen.

I did some nice workouts this week in my house. I have been eating well. I actually had salmon on the grill Monday night and then Thursday night I had some leftover salmon. Eating a lot of good protein foods and veggies.

Would love to move into the 180's this week. Will be getting out and moving about this weekend. Maybe I'll get out the tennis racket or go for a nice long bike ride to really push me over the edge and get me past the plateau.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
OK, it is official. Weekends ruin my diets. Well, better said, I ruin my diet efforts during weekends feasting...

How you guys doing?

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Hey sorry for the delay in updating my progress :smxF:

I made it under the 190 mark this week finally and then dropped like 2 pounds in 2 days and then another half pound. Here is what it looks like presently:

Start 210
Goal 165
Current 187.5 Down 22.5

This weekend I thought it would ruin my diet but I ended up exercising and doing a lot of things that just burn calories. When I ate it was really good food. For instance, I had grilled salmon. I placed a couple cedar planks on my grill and put a big fat salmon fillet on there. I had shrimp not in cocktail sauce as I usually eat it but drowned them in lime juice. I squeezed a couple limes and marinaded them the night before. I also put a little lemon pepper on it. It was really good.

Sunday I spent 3 and 1/2 hours ripping out shrubs. We are redoing the landscaping in front of our house. That took a lot out of me but I couldn't stop thinking about the calories I was burning :smx9:

Monday I went for a 5 mile fast walk. Took me about an hour and a half and then back to ripping out shrubs. I only did that for maybe an hour or so. My original goal for June 1st was to be at 190. I beat it by 2.5 pounds. It is nice to be able to stay ahead of your goals. My next goal is by the 4th of July to be under 175. That means I need to lose 12.5 pounds in June.

In May I lost a total of 11 pounds so it is doable but will be challenging.

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
I've been trying to lose some weight and started P90X the last 2 weeks and it has kicked my ***! In a good way...

I feel a lot stronger, but haven't lost any weight so I think I'm going to exchange 3 days of P90X for the treadmill.

Has anyone done the program?

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
I've been trying to lose some weight and started P90X the last 2 weeks and it has kicked my ***! In a good way...

I feel a lot stronger, but haven't lost any weight so I think I'm going to exchange 3 days of P90X for the treadmill.

Has anyone done the program?

My nephew is doing P90X right now. I believe he's somewhere around the 2nd week of it. He lost 80 pounds over the course of a year and is now doing the program. I haven't really talked in-depth with him about the program, but I was at the house when he was doing a workout and boy, let me tell you, he was COVERED in sweat, literally from head to toe.

I've considered it, but at this point, I don't know that I would be able to do even a small fraction of the stuff in the program.

Good luck with it.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
ask lighthouse.... I know he was using it, although not for losing weight, I believe.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Hey how is everyone doing on their weight loss programs? Would like to hear what is working for everyone.

This morning I weighed in at 183.0

Start 210
Goal 165
Current 183.0 Down 27

I have to lose 18 more pounds to reach my goal. I have stopped losing a lot of weight each week. I am averaging about 1.5 pounds lost per week which I think is a healthy but slow progress. I have been weight training now so some of my weight could be added muscles. My stomach is thinning out but there is still a bit of a gut there. People are beginning to notice now. I have been getting comments and people asking if I have lost weight. It's nice for others to notice as it helps with the motivation.

Last couple of weeks I have been eating really well. I just have cut out a lot of the carbs. I still eat them but very small portions. For example, at dinner I will have 1 serving of chicken (4oz), maybe a half cup of rice and then I just eat all the veggies I can. If I am still hungry I don't get more rice but I go for more of the veggie. I have been eating 4 or 5 smaller type meals throughout the day. Here is a typical day for example.

8am - 1 Lowfat Strawberry-Banana Yogurt
9am - Bowl of red grapes
11am - 1 Orange
12:30pm - Black beans, diced tomato, diced bell pepper on spinach leaves
2:30pm - small handful of almonds
3:30pm - Cup of Green Tea
5:00pm - Carrot and/or a cucumber to get by until dinner
6:00pm - Chicken/Fish, little rice with broccoli, and heavy on the corn or peas... - 1 glass of milk. If I am thirsty still I will go back to drinking water.
DO NOT EAT AFTER THIS POINT UNTIL MORNING

In between all my meals throughout the day I will drink 8-10 tall glasses of water with lemon in it. Cut a nice slice of lemon, squeeze it to drain juice into water and drop the lemon into the water. Drink.

As for exercise, I don't go to the gym. I have been spending maybe 30-45 minutes per day doing resistance/strength training in my own house. It's not major cardio but it does help with toning up and the more muscle mass you have the more calories you will burn at rest. I do have dumb bells and use those for curls, and other workouts. I do some of the basic stuff like push-ups, sit-ups, squats, I run in place and lift my knees up high out in front. That really helps with the stomach muscles. I get my triceps and make sure I alternate days and then rest on Sunday. Every so often I get small workouts from walking and being active with the kids.

Overall I am beginning to feel a lot better. I have strength and I don't feel quite so old. My wife is liking how I look since I have been heavy for quite some time. So it is spicing things up between us which helps with our attitude towards each other, which everyone knows who is married, that attitude spills over into everything you do in life.

I think Tony Robbins said it best when he said, "If you begin to discipline one area of your life, you naturally begin to discipline all other areas of your life."

So how is everyone else doing? :coffee:

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Start 210
Goal 165
Current 178.5 Down 31.5

I had a great week with my weight loss program losing a total of 4.5 pounds. I am feeling really good and a lot of my cravings for junk food is completely gone. I even had my wife waving a chocolate bar under my knows the other day and I didn't even want it. :eusa_clap:

I have been continuing to scale back on the calories and making each bite count with good healthy foods such as high protein and fruits and veggies.

My exercise level is not excessive and would like to do more of it to get into better shape. I don't want to just be skinny. I want to be healthy and toned. I do look a lot better but I definitely have room to lose more weight. Looks like I could easily lose 15 more pounds off the belly. I have a little more bounce in my step but that could be just from my confidence level being boosted.

I still haven't purchased my kayak but plan to shortly and my goal is to go kayaking 3-4 times per week for at least an hour. Not only do I enjoy the sport it will help me to workout and burn more calories while building stomach, back, arm, and upper body muscle mass.

When I get my kayak I will take a picture of it and post it. :coffee:

Have a good weekend everyone.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Start 210
Goal 165
Current 176.0 Down 34

I have sloooowed way down on my weight loss as I approach my goal. I still have 11 pounds to lose. The last week I have lost nothing... zero... zilch. I was 176 last week at this time.

I do look a lot better and healthier. I have been real busy so I haven't made time to do my exercises which I think is the biggest factor here since i have still been eating quite well. Again, I made the mistake earlier in the week for rewarding myself with food for accomplishing a goal. A deal went through on one of my businesses, received a nice check and it was time to celebrate with food. Ordered out some Thai food. shame! ha!

Back to the grind first thing today. Need to hyper focus and battle my weight down some more. I can do it. I know how to do it. I know what it takes to do it. It's all about execution as we all are aware :blah2:

I also may have let up a bit on the fruits and veggies. Although I kept my caloric intake down, some of the foods I have chosen to stuff into my pie hole have not been the best of choices...

We will go strong this week and see if we can shave a couple pounds of the spare tire. :cheers:

A

Anon3587x

Honestly the best diet plan is to stop eating ANY type of processed food and only drink water.
Run a little each day helps too.
Even if its just around the block.
If you run it fast you'll burn more calories.

Losing weight requires no risk or anything, its so easy to loose.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I am down to 172.5

Slooowing waaaaay doowwnn, but I am doing well. Other than the fact I ate a half a container of fatty Pringles last night. Probably gained 3 pounds haha

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
it's been a roller coaster for me...

Spent a couple of days below 170, but went back up and now it is taking me longer to lose any pound at all.

I decided to take a different approach.

I will join the gym with a partner (my brother) so we can go together and will follow a specific diet and training routine.

I honestly have to blame lighthouse. I went to his wedding party this weekend and he blowed everybody away with his change. In just 3.5 months he went from nothing to male-stripper material by following a diet and training routine, so I decided to stop pretending to be on a diet and be watching my weight, and to start going at it military style. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

This morning the scale was 176.4. I want to be around 166, with way more muscle and way less fat. What's the fat % needed to have the 6-pack visible? Well, that is what I want.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
6-week effort

OK, here it is... this the thread I was looking for...

These are my results from the 6-week effort I did.

9/1/2010 175
9/2/2010 173.8
9/3/2010 172.6
9/4/2010 172
9/5/2010 173.2
9/6/2010 172.6
9/7/2010 172
9/8/2010 171
9/9/2010 171.8
9/10/2010 171.4
9/11/2010 171.4
9/12/2010 171.4
9/13/2010 172.4
9/14/2010 171.2
9/15/2010 171.6
9/16/2010 172.8
9/17/2010 172.2
9/18/2010 172
9/19/2010 171.4
9/20/2010 169.8
9/21/2010 169.8
9/22/2010 169.4
9/23/2010 169.2
9/24/2010 169.8
9/25/2010 171.8
9/26/2010 170.2
9/27/2010 170.8
9/28/2010 169.4
9/29/2010 169
9/30/2010 169.6
10/1/2010 170.6
10/2/2010 169
10/3/2010 170.4
10/4/2010 170.6
10/5/2010 169.4
10/6/2010 170
10/7/2010 168.6
10/8/2010 169.8
10/9/2010 169.8
10/10/2010 169.6
10/11/2010 169.8
10/12/2010 169.6

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
OK, so what I've been doing is using Herbalife's Formula 1 for breakfast and most of dinners. I've been also hitting the gym, although not as often as I would have wanted, but hey, something is better than the o-times a week I was making.

I've noticed that, when I drink the Formula 1 once a day, the weight is maintained. When I drink it twice a day (for breakfast AND dinner) I tend to lose half a pound, but I feel hungry by late night.

I have also been eating protein bars, that seems to help, although not as much as eating a fruit (usually a banana) by mid afternoon.

If you see the big spike by the end of September, that was a weekend trip we did to a friend's house, and got treated to amazing food the whole weekend, so good0bye diet and then come back to work hard the following week.

It is good seeing the down trend here...

What I need to do next is to increase the number of times per week going to the gym and drink more water. I think doing that will help me get to a better body-fat percentage (around 25% these days).

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Here's a motivating video for you guys! Good luck!

YouTube - My 120 pound journey.

You guys are on a great journey! My wife and I workout together 3 times a week. Jogging mostly, but mixing it up with biking, roller blading and the muscle works classes at the YMCA. All the best!

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Dammit, Rickson....