The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fashion Retailer Bebe Closing All Stores.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
in addition to the points already listed, Bebe had its own set of self inflicted problems. They had their name/logo plastered all over their clothing. Great when you are in trend, not so great when you are not. Kind of like Affliction shirts.

I haven't had good experience with online clothes so far. Unless there is some mac daddy 3D body scanning (there are those out there but not widely used yet) that can match clothing sizes perfectly, i still need to try things on.

Yeah onliners can make returns easy and that will help, like zappos but clothing is much more complex than shoes IMHO as far as sizes/body shapes.

I think there is consumer contraction in middle class going on as well. Either cheap low end or luxury, much less in the middle.

Theres more to this than online displacing B&M especially in clothes and other specialty retail.

I have a mfg company and looking at retail grocery space. One main distributor/retailer is planning 15 months out. 15 months!!! ( i guess its a barrier to entry because half of us wont even be around in 15months ;) Mostly because of their stodgy legacy bureaucracy. Retailers have to be much more responsive to consumer preferences than that. LOL.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Looks like Amazon solved this problem, with 5-day made to order clothing that can measure your size with a camera.

“Who are you wearing?”

I stand by my opinion that e-commerce will figure out the logistics how to conveniently sell clothing/fashion.
epic this is the future, custom made wearables.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.