The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Down!

Marketing, social media, advertising

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Facebook and Instagram are down!

Who's taking advantage of this opportunity over at twitter and other platforms. I know I'm trying to DM and tweet stuff to try to get some attention.

Anyone else?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
Sorry guys, my bad.
I started running my first Instagram ads yesterday afternoon so this is probably my fault.

(PS No sales via the ads yet, but lots of new followers)

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I know I'm trying to DM and tweet stuff to try to get some attention.

This is a serious question and i'm genuinely curious, but what do you mean by this? Tweet stuff to get attention?

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Nope. I was too busy working to care.

I can respect that for sure...

I do a lot of my sales/marketing work on Facebook and Instagram. I focus on producing content and engaging with people to pull them into my funnel. So this being down had somewhat of a impact on my sales routine but adapt.

Where are people's eyes, more specifically my customer's eyes, are on facebook and instagram so thats where I'm going to be.

BaraQueenbee

tiny
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
Sep 14, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Facebook is back up again.

Listen, anyone who thinks the Reptilian aliens would allow Facebook to stay down do not understand the powers at hand...

This comment gave me life!

Sorry guys, my bad.
I started running my first Instagram ads yesterday afternoon so this is probably my fault.

(PS No sales via the ads yet, but lots of new followers)

Yas, that's the right mindset!

On a more serious note:
Twitter being my main marketing platform and being active there, it was interesting to see the panic over FB, IG and Whatsapp being down.

I have seen some of the most creative ways and quotes using this outage to draw attention to their products. Even some big names.

Amusing and something to learn from for sure!

AfterWind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jul 23, 2017
Romania
The same day I posted one of the most controversial posts on my Instagram account. Couldn't like/comment on anything. Thought my account was done. I was already hearing voices saying: "Commandment of control", "All your work is gone" etc.

Relieved to hear it was just the servers. Good thing I'm not using only one platform. But I really have to start finding ways to drive traffic to my other channels. Instagram/Facebook don't let you have much control.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For me it was the old if a bear shits in the woods...

Matt Dassel

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
May 15, 2018
I'm glad you are actually talking about marketing and opportunities rather than just the typical facebook scrolling habit. I was surprised to see how this was perceived by all of you who commented before.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
54412573_10218575753406725_2860594595916414976_o.jpg

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I can respect that for sure...

I do a lot of my sales/marketing work on Facebook and Instagram. I focus on producing content and engaging with people to pull them into my funnel. So this being down had somewhat of a impact on my sales routine but adapt.

Where are people's eyes, more specifically my customer's eyes, are on facebook and instagram so thats where I'm going to be.

Likewise. The shut down delayed a sale we were ready to launch by a few hours but no biggie, the response from other online businesses was interesting once it all got back on line. I haven't seen any statements about it yet other than Facebook denying it was due to hackers? Our facebook ads got effected around 12 hours before the main feed shutdown and I've seen in other facebook ad groups people saying the same.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Before I figured out how to skirt around the rules, I was booted a few times. Now just my luck, I was starting to market a new business yesterday morning and it started acting funny and I thought sure-enough I got banned again already. lol I was happy to learn it was everyone and not just me. :smuggy: I gave it a rest today but I'll be back at it again tomorrow. :innocent: :halo:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yes. Talk about the Commandment of Control.
Groan...it interrupted my Messenger conversation with a buyer when I was doing more selling of my old stuff.

Couldn't send her snapshots of the product.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose that prospect now. :rage:

Not sure if I can shift Facebook contacts on Messnger to WhatsApp. The latter seems to work just fine.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
And once again. It's been twice this year.

About a year ago this is how I started my business and getting my first client. On Facebook, I found a community of local fiction authors who publish their stories for free and they generate revenue by selling the paperback version of it, always with added bonus chapters.

And therein lies the opportunity. I saw how the Commandment of Control was fully cast aside. Instead of telling them about CENTS commandment, I built them websites.

Guess when will the website go down? When they didn't pay for the hosting services (oversimplified).

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Deleted Facebook last December as part of my goals for 2019 so I haven't missed much there and today is the first time I was reminded that Facebook still actually exists in the last two-three months. I had forgotten about it! That being said.. this downtime also impacted Instagram and Whatsapp where I still am active :(

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.