The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

===> Exclusive B&P 2014 Ticket for Sale <===

paqman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 22, 2013
Beach, CA
Due to a series of ridiculously unfortunate events, I won't be able to attend B&P 2014.

I'll save you all the story, but looking to sell my spot. Let me know ASAP and I will get the ticket transferred to you ASAP.

Best offer wins it! PM me for details.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

paqman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 22, 2013
Beach, CA
OK, bunch of requests. Highest bidder by midnight tonight (12a 02/18/14 PST) takes it. I had 4 guys already send current ticket price by paypal and a couple other above ticket price offers direct.

Let's do this - best offer via PM, no back and forth. I'll check back tonight and will post here when it is done. Winner will need to PayPal money before 9am PST (02/18/14)

Thanks all! Sorry I was absent to answer earlier Q&A - but my emergency situation (family) has progressed.

Last edited:

FastLanePursuer

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 11, 2012
Bay Area, CA
OK, bunch of requests. Highest bidder by midnight tonight (12a 02/18/14 PST) takes it. I had 4 guys already send current ticket price by paypal and a couple other above ticket price offers direct.

Let's do this - best offer via PM, no back and forth. I'll check back tonight and will post here when it is done.

Thanks all! Sorry I was absent to answer earlier Q&A - but my emergency situation (family) has progressed.

How about giving it to the only guy who replied on here, sent the money, AND booked a plane ticket 5 mins ago. All the money I got. I need this!!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Silly me... I assumed that in the spirit of B & P, that this meant you were just hoping to recoup as much as possible of what you paid for the ticket.
I don't see a problem with best offer.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I don't know. Not criticizing anyone but wanted to point something out. Since the beginning of the B&P, tickets were kept at a low cost with all proceeds going toward the event. We are a community. This event has always been a way of giving back.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
This guy is about to start a bullshit trend for next year. You know what's going to happen? A bunch of lurkers here are going to buy up the tickets for B&P 2015 then give some stupid story about how they can't make it so they must sell it to the highest bidder.

Hey OP I respect your hustle, but come on man this is a community bro...not Miley Cyrus concert tickets lol

Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Every year some folks miss out on tickets. Every year some folks "say" they'll gladly pay even a premium to get a ticket. Paq can't go. That's bad enough for him. His ticket is worth what someone will pony up for it. Let's not put him on the guilt train.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Yes, but the way he's going about it... just seems strange. Obviously I don't know the guy, but if it was me I'd say "first come first serve"

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
His ticket is worth what someone will pony up for it. Let's not put him on the guilt train.
I agree. We can all say we would do "first come first serve" but none of us are in his position. I imagine the need for money and his "emergency situation" go hand in hand. Lets refrain from judging and criticizing when we no nothing about his specific situation. Theres nothing wrong with selling for market value, as entrepreneurs and fastlaners we should all respect and understand that, we should be the last ones adopting slowlane mindsets.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Perhaps next year we should try to maximize the ticket price and commercialize the event. All of the event coordinators are organizing from the goodness of their hearts. Is that slowlane?

Again, I am not trying to criticize although it is probably coming off that way. I was one of the organizers of the second event and there at the first. We talked about ways to monetize but decided not to. It has worked very well as an event by contributors and for contributors.

Just wanted to voice an opinion on the spirit of the event.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Seems cheap/sleazy.
Easier ways to make a buck.. but then again, for some people maybe not.
Making a profit off a ticket to an event that generates no profit... to each their own I guess.

You're not being congruent. You stated the following in this post...

$1,000 usd (or whatever you want really.. ) to the first person that drops out and needs to sell. Will send money within 5 minutes of receiving notice that you need to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Just wanted to voice an opinion on the spirit of the event.
I got my ticket after the originals were all sold from a friend who couldn't make it. He had the same mindset as you and sold it to me for what he bought the ticket for. If I couldnt make it to the event I would also sell for the price I purchased it at... I think we could probably all agree that all things being equal the ticket should be sold for what he paid because of the spirit of B&P. But with that being said, I dont think theres a right or wrong way to handle this and I dont feel like we should be critical when we dont know this guys situation. He mentioned a "family emergency," I think we should all give him the benefit of the doubt that he makes the right decision for his situation.

Lathan

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 24, 2013
If it's an issue for someone to resell their ticket. Maybe money should be accepted at the door of the event.

D

DeletedUser394

You're not being congruent. You stated the following in this post...

That was taken out of context and in no way am I, or was I, prepared to pay $1k (or anything near). It was merely a way to emphasize the value I placed on the ticket at that time (ie, priceless). Ironic considering I'm not going in the end, but it is what it is.

Resold my ticket a month or two back, for exactly what I paid for it, not a penny more. Hope Allan enjoys himself. Haven't seen him around in a couple months, hope he's still going.

Last edited by a moderator:

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
That was taken out of context and in no way am I, or was I, prepared to pay $1k (or anything near). It was merely a way to emphasize the value I placed on the ticket at that time (ie, priceless). Ironic considering I'm not going in the end, but it is what it is.

Resold my ticket a month or two back, for exactly what I paid for it, not a penny more. Hope Allan enjoys himself. Haven't seen him around in a couple months, hope he's still going.

Richkid. I think you are being a little disingenuous here. "Out of context?"

Clearly you were implying you would pay that amount. Whether you had the cash or not is another story. Didn't you say you had a non refundable airplane ticket to AZ?

"If all else fails, it's a vacation for me, because I'm going no matter what. My tickets are 100% non refundable and 100% booked and paid for."
(can't get the quote button to work for some reason)

In any case I'm sorry you are not going to be here.

paqman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 22, 2013
Beach, CA
Man oh man, what a day. I can't figure out how to properly respond to this thread... I've edited my reactive responses a few times to limit my further "sleazy" behavior... definitely don't want to bring the paltry debate of B&P ticket sales to MJ's quality forum... but would really like to save the bullshit, let's be honest... We all put ourselves out on display in this forum, so let's get some F*cking clarity here...

Valentine's Day was met with some terrible news that my father, who has terminal bone cancer was admitted to the hospital for a potential infection issue. He's one infection away from death (given less than 12 months remaining on forecast). Rather than take a chance that I'd be too far away should something head south with him, kindly asked the B&P event organizers by email how to handle replacing my ticket. They said, (in much nicer words, but the summary) "no refunds, try discounting it for sale on the forum". Sat on that idea for 24 hours.

After some positive news, thought I would do anything in my power to still make the event, barring any change in circumstances. Good news, my dad got out of the hospital this AM. Bad news, my wife who has end-stage renal failure was rushed to the ER last night. Kids were all freaked out all day, of course a day off due to holiday. Got them outta the house, cleared our heads, had a nice lunch and spent some extra time outdoors.

Came in to a few replies about my "best offer" posting... Then more. Man I would love to see some of you narrow minded dipshits in person... If you'd rather pay me a visit, PM me and I'll happily meet you in person.

MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS RANT: I applaud the open minded replies and defense of character exhibited by a handful of true & genuine characters - wiser, empathetic, sage individuals (see above, you know who you are).

As far as I'm concerned I'll just keep the damn ticket. One person who offered high-bid was "banned" by the event organizers... I guess there are some politics involved. I don't do politics.

Another person somehow was given my direct contact info and already sent me funds for the ticket at face value...

I am open to a fair market, hence the reason I posted here on the forum for "best offer". But when you have several people wanting a chance, not always easy to choose. Just more bullshit that I have to deal with.

Bottom line, original message was "once you buy it, it's yours. You can do with it whatever you like". Meaning I should be able to sell it for $1, $100, $1000, or whatever someone is willing to pay. And the person that I choose should be by my choice - whether they dumped your sister, married your brother, grew up poor/rich, or whatever.

If I can make a little extra dough to defer my loss on airfare and accommodations, then I'll do that. If it violates some sort of unwritten and holy commandment that B&P tickets cannot be resold at any other value, then clearly state that in the original sale.

My options:
1) Sell it to high (banned) bidder and let them sort out the details
2) Sell it to next high bidder
3) Keep it and consider it a donation to charity
4) Keep it and drive out to AZ for Sat series then cut out
5) Donate it to someone who just can't catch a break and $250 is outta the realm of possibility to afford. But will grind the chance into a new life, lifestyle, and pass it on above and beyond the face value.

I'm at a loss, a bit disappointed, & pissed off... Going to check on my kids sleeping and then reply in the AM.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Guys can we all just get back to taking action and getting the ice cream?
Nobody is going to win in this thread.
Keep it moving.
Best post of the thread. If selling tickets for profit is a concern for next year, we can discuss that when the time comes to plan it again.

@paqman - let myself or JasonR know who you are sold it to, and their presentation topic so we can update the presentation schedule.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Bottom line, original message was "once you buy it, it's yours. You can do with it whatever you like". Meaning I should be able to sell it for $1, $100, $1000, or whatever someone is willing to pay.

If I can make a little extra dough to defer my loss on airfare and accommodations, then I'll do that. If it violates some sort of unwritten and holy commandment that B&P tickets cannot be resold at any other value, then clearly state that in the original sale.

Looks like we were typing at the same time: I'm sorry for the troubles that your going through.

There was no mention of any limitation on re-selling the tickets when they were posted them in October so nobody should give you a hard time about selling it for whatever price you want. Also, I don't remember having any conversation about banning anybody.

Shoot me a message if you need any clarification on anything. Whoever buys your ticket can find the hotel booking info in the original B&P thread, and also I think some people are looking to split rooms in some of the other threads.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I'm at a loss, a bit disappointed, & pissed off... Going to check on my kids sleeping and then reply in the AM.
Hey, just wanted to say good luck with everything.

Its unfortunate that the thread progressed as it did and I think we can all learn something from what happened.

For you, it probably would have been best to post your story at the beginning instead of "saving us the details." I think it would be tough to find fault in what you have done when people learn the circumstance and see that you have plane tickets or other prepaid expenses that you will be losing money on because of these unfortunate events. Clearly your plan was to come to the event and not start a ticket scalping trend until life dealt these blows.

Those that jumped down his throat with no knowledge of the situation, perhaps should be a bit slower to judge and start conflict. I sincerely believe everyone who has commented has good intentions and meant no disrespect, for the most part I think people just want to protect B&P and thats where the comments have come from.

Lets all just move on and learn from this. @paqman I think your best options are either sell to the highest bidder or donate it. It may be a bit late to donate it but it would be cool if you saw someone on the forum that you really think is providing good value to give it to.

Look forward to meeting whoever gets your ticket and everyone else that will be there.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Just a thought, but a couple of years ago, I had the opportunity to go to an event that was $2k for the the ticket, but on day one they gave you a check for $750, and the final day another check for $750. With the combined purpose of discouraging the scalpers, and encouraging full participation. People that missed day one basically funded the bar tab for subsequent evenings.

I think @paqman can do whatever he wants with the ticket. If the community thinks this sucks, then next year, make the tickets non-transferable but refundable, then the next guy in line gets the refunded ticket.

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not saying what should be done here, but I am saying that if it were me holding the ticket for sale I would donate it.

I just personally can't see how the profit of the ticket sale would exceed the value you would get back from giving it away.

D

DeletedUser394

Richkid. I think you are being a little disingenuous here. "Out of context?"

Clearly you were implying you would pay that amount. Whether you had the cash or not is another story. Didn't you say you had a non refundable airplane ticket to AZ?

"If all else fails, it's a vacation for me, because I'm going no matter what. My tickets are 100% non refundable and 100% booked and paid for."
(can't get the quote button to work for some reason)

In any case I'm sorry you are not going to be here.

My bad, out of context wouldn't be the right term. I'm not sure what the phrase is.. maybe 'exaggerated' is better.

Yep, took a loss on those flights. Since taking the reigns at my work I've got no time to do anything. Perhaps that's a cautionary tale to go entrepreneur. I'm planning my exit.

Given the limited amount of information provided in the OP, to me it came across as 'I never intended to go, just wanted to flip it for a profit' at the last minute. My mistake, I apologize. I hope everything works out for OP. In any case it's a lesson to not jump to conclusions until one has all the facts.

Attachments

• Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 39

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Sorry to hear about the last 2 weeks Paqman. Sometimes life can throw us some very painful blows, especially when it comes to family. Hope everything works out for you.

I'm not saying what should be done here, but I am saying that if it were me holding the ticket for sale I would donate it.
I just personally can't see how the profit of the ticket sale would exceed the value you would get back from giving it away.

The givers are often the ones who ultimately receive the most. I can't even begin to imagine how many doors and opportunities have opened up for MJ because of the value he has given to the masses.

Anyway, my mistake for not digging deeper into your story OP. Best of luck and I sincerely wish for the best of health for your family.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.