The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Event 201: A Global Pandemic Exercise

Cyberseraph

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 18, 2013
Germany
Hello fellow Fastlaners,

Before I post this, I want to say, that I have no doubt that it is a very dangerous virus (for some people) and we need to stay safe.

So, about the same time when I was staying in New York, there was an event there on October 18, 2019. It was called "Event 201: A Global Pandemic Exercise". It was Invitation only and attended by prominent individuals from global business, government, and public health.

This is from the official website: (October 2019)

Event 201 was a 3.5-hour pandemic tabletop exercise that simulated a series of dramatic, scenario-based facilitated discussions, confronting difficult, true-to-life dilemmas associated with response to a hypothetical, but scientifically plausible, pandemic. 15 global business, government, and public health leaders were players in the simulation exercise that highlighted unresolved real-world policy and economic issues that could be solved with sufficient political will, financial investment, and attention now and in the future.

Event 201 simulates an outbreak of a novel zoonotic coronavirus transmitted from bats to pigs to people that eventually becomes efficiently transmissible from person to person, leading to a severe pandemic. The pathogen and the disease it causes are modeled largely on SARS, but it is more transmissible in the community setting by people with mild symptoms.

The whole event was recorded on video and is available to the public:
Event 201 videos including discussions and a highlights reel

This is the 11 Minute summary of the event with the highlights:
View: https://youtu.be/AoLw-Q8X174

What they simulated in the fictional virus game was:
- They call it "Coronavirus" in the news
- Symptoms, from mild flue to severe pneumonia
- Travel restrictions
- many flights cancelled, travel bans
- profund economic consequences
- shortge of masks
- in 3 months 10 million cases
- global pandemic is causing a global financial crisis
- Government decides to implements limited internet shutdowns to stop misinformation and prevent panic

Scenario Epiloge: (at the end of the video)
"The outcome of the pandemic was catastrophic. 65 Million people died in the first 18 months."

What is interesting, this "simulation game" happened just two months before the C0VlD-19 outbreak. I'm not saying they already knew about this would happen, but most things are happening now exactly as simulated in their exercise.

What do you think about all this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Hello fellow Fastlaners,

Before I post this, I want to say, that I have no doubt that it is a very dangerous virus (for some people) and we need to stay safe.

So, about the same time when I was staying in New York, there was an event there on October 18, 2019. It was called "Event 201: A Global Pandemic Exercise". It was Invitation only and attended by prominent individuals from global business, government, and public health.

This is from the official website:

Event 201 was a 3.5-hour pandemic tabletop exercise that simulated a series of dramatic, scenario-based facilitated discussions, confronting difficult, true-to-life dilemmas associated with response to a hypothetical, but scientifically plausible, pandemic. 15 global business, government, and public health leaders were players in the simulation exercise that highlighted unresolved real-world policy and economic issues that could be solved with sufficient political will, financial investment, and attention now and in the future.
The exercise consisted of pre-recorded news broadcasts, live “staff” briefings, and moderated discussions on specific topics. These issues were carefully designed in a compelling narrative that educated the participants and the audience.

The whole event was recorded on video and is available to the public:
Event 201 videos including discussions and a highlights reel

This is the 11 Minute summary of the event with the highlights:
View: https://youtu.be/AoLw-Q8X174

What they simulated in the fictional virus game was:
- Symptoms, from mild flue to severe pneumonia
- Travel restrictions
- many flights cancelled, travel bans
- profund economic consequences
- shortge of masks
- in 3 months 10 million cases
- global pandemic is causing a global financial crisis
- Government decides to implements limited internet shutdowns to stop misinformation and prevent panic

Scenario Epiloge: (at the end of the video)
"The outcome of the pandemic was catastrophic. 65 Million people died in the first 18 months."

What is interesting, this "simulation game" happened just two months before the C0VlD-19 outbreak. I'm not saying they already knew about this would happened two months later but what do you think about all this?

These kinds of exercises have been going on for years. As part of the county Dept of Health, my ex took part in stuff like this at least annually. How to prepare to a nuclear meltdown. How to prepare for a pandemic. How to prepare for ABC or XYZ kind of attack. It wouldn't surprise me if they ran an exercise for how to prepare for a solar flare taking out all electronics on Earth.

Cyberseraph

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 18, 2013
Germany
These kinds of exercises have been going on for years. As part of the county Dept of Health, my ex took part in stuff like this at least annually. How to prepare to a nuclear meltdown. How to prepare for a pandemic. How to prepare for ABC or XYZ kind of attack. It wouldn't surprise me if they ran an exercise for how to prepare for a solar flare taking out all electronics on Earth.

Thanks for sharing, that's interesting and I didn't know about those regular exercises. I just hope we will be able to master it better than the simulation results.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.