The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

European mind watching US gurus

Niko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 18, 2018
Hi everybody,

I am a 45 year old office worker from centra Europe.
I am impressed to see how some of you are either becoming millionaire or just reaching a level where they can be financially independent with revenues generated from their online businesses.

I understand the English-speaking is so much wider. It is like comparing the US to Italy or France. Your potential market in France is around 67 million people as opposed to 325 million in the US. On top of it, if you consider English being the International language, you quickly understand how so much wider the market is for an English-speaking author producing an ebook or offering online training as opposed to the same contents created in Italian or French - as is my objective.

Yes, English is just a foreign language to me and I am wondering if I could offer products in English or if people would ban my infoproducts when noticing my English sometime sound weird.

Yes, I want to produce and sell infoproducts in my own language but I am yet to gain my initial successes.

I know I have one very good asset: My writing skills. Copywriting. At least in my own language.
Looking forward to your comment and advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Welcome to the forum fellow European. Which country are you from? I am myself targeting customers at the Danish market. Think there should also be potential in your domestic market. Depends on where you are from of course, but my market is one of the smallest ones around and I see great potential there still.

Saavik

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 21, 2018
Hi Niko,
This was exactly my problem when I started out. I still serve some clients in my native language even today, but my business didn't really take off until I started targeting an English-speaking audience. The difference is huge: You are suddenly playing not just in a different national market, but effectively in a global market.
For months, I was afraid to try this and felt ridiculous selling writing services in a language that I don't have perfect command of, but my first international clients didn't give a damn about my mother tongue, and if you want to deliver high-class results, you should work with a proofreader anyway, even if English *is* your mother tongue.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Hello Niko, and welcome to the forums!

My suggestion seeing your case is to start producing the info products you want to produce so badly in your native language, and see if they gain some traction. This way you will see if people actually need / use your products. In that case, you might be able to pay someone to translate them for you, to expand your reach.

If your content is video based, earning some money would allow you to get some free time to improve your English, or to spend it for courses or anything else that might help.

Enjoy your stay!

Niko

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 18, 2018
Hi Niko,
This was exactly my problem when I started out.
[...] my first international clients didn't give a damn about my mother tongue, and if you want to deliver high-class results, you should work with a proofreader anyway, even if English *is* your mother tongue.

Very interesting. Can you please tell me more:
- What type of services do you provide? Area of expertise?
- How much do you earn every month?
- How did you find your first customers?
- How much do you pay your proofreader?

Saavik

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Dec 21, 2018
- What type of services do you provide? Area of expertise?
- How much do you earn every month?
- How did you find your first customers?
- How much do you pay your proofreader?
Copywriting and content writing. Started out in medical tech, but branched out to tech in general. Found my first clients on Upwork, and a project is worth a few hundred to several thousand USD. And even a good proofreader is one of the cheapest freelance professionals out there that you can find, with 5 to 10 USD per page in my experience.

In spite of the proofreader, I'm still constantly working on improving my English, but that's a rather pleasant process because I'm an avid fiction and non-fiction reader. :)

Xaridimos

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jun 24, 2018
Hi everybody,

I am a 45 year old office worker from centra Europe.
I am impressed to see how some of you are either becoming millionaire or just reaching a level where they can be financially independent with revenues generated from their online businesses.

I understand the English-speaking is so much wider. It is like comparing the US to Italy or France. Your potential market in France is around 67 million people as opposed to 325 million in the US. On top of it, if you consider English being the International language, you quickly understand how so much wider the market is for an English-speaking author producing an ebook or offering online training as opposed to the same contents created in Italian or French - as is my objective.

Yes, English is just a foreign language to me and I am wondering if I could offer products in English or if people would ban my infoproducts when noticing my English sometime sound weird.

Yes, I want to produce and sell infoproducts in my own language but I am yet to gain my initial successes.

I know I have one very good asset: My writing skills. Copywriting. At least in my own language.
Looking forward to your comment and advice.

Hi Niko,

I firmly believe that you can get better at writing and understanding English the more you practice. It is, of course, easier to write in your mother language, but that doesn't mean you should not try to improve your English too.
Try to produce products in both these languages.

At least that's my advice!

Good Luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.