The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Escaped an abusive household, now it's time to escape the rat race!

Renata57

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jul 17, 2021
Greetings everyone,

Well, since you've read the title, let's start with a bit about my situation. I'm currently 22 and moved to a new city in Germany with my girlfriend. I have quit my job August 2021 because we are able to live comfortably on her sole income as a microbiologist. Since then I was focused on getting out of the house that we shared with my family. Living there with the constant shouting, insults and gaslighting was horrific. I don't want to get too much into it, let's just say living life felt like driving a car when with only 2 hours of sleep, hoping to just make it to the destination alive.

Well, about 2 Weeks ago we got out of there.

So... enough personal sob story. Let's talk business.

I've started to pick up digital drawing even before reading MJ's books because I knew a specialized skill would bring great value to myself in the long run. I'm still far from perfect but I can see the impact it's having. After reading the books a while back I've been thinking a lot about where to go but never had anything concrete.

Now I have my 1, 5, 10 strategy written down on paper!
I'm kinda struggling with thinking big but the key areas of my life are well thought out. My plan for now is to focus on my design skills and documenting my journey on social media to create a following that I can leverage when I find something that fits well into the CENTS commandments. I already have a few business Ideas that I will try out in the next few months.
I feel like my ability to predict 10 years into the future is way off but having a good outline on what to do next and slightly pivoting or calibrating my long term plan based on what is happening currently sounds like a good skill to master.

That's all for now. I'm happy to have found this community and I want to be an active participant. I don't want to just lurk but I also don't want to flood the forum with my personal updates. It would be great to know if / at what milestone / after how much time I should post an update on my situation. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, did you draw your avatar?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...