The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Escape the Borg! - My Journey to Freedom, Ecommerce

OP
OP
PTP

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX
Okay, cool! I'm glad you're still going... after reading it all last night, I feel involved in your process! haha

What about the part about your manufacturer wanting you to sell at a higher price, or he was gonna stop supplying you. Was that your Chinese guy? What do those guys even care about prices!? And who was pressuring him... I was very confused about that part!
Yeah I logged on the yesterday and saw 50+ notifications and was like "HOLY COW WHAT DID I DO?!" :rofl: Much appreciated!

The Chinese guy was the one who was trying to control my prices. Why? I have no clue! You would think he would make more money if I sold more... Maybe his other customers (my competitors) were complaining? His loss. Fixed that by getting new custom designs made that I own all the rights to and by getting a USA manufacturer.

Honestly though looking back, that was one of the best things that ever happened in my business. I had been trying (unsuccessfully) to design my own custom products for months prior. However, it wasn't until the Chinese guy tried to cut me off that I figured out a way to get those designs made.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Striver

Bronze Contributor
Mar 23, 2017
USA
The Chinese guy was the one who was trying to control my prices. Why? I have no clue! You would think he would make more money if I sold more... Maybe his other customers (my competitors) were complaining? His loss.
Yeah, I just don't understand it! lol

I mean, who were THEY, to him... why in the hell was he letting them persuade his decisions. Just a weird situation... lol

Reactions: PTP

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Video converts really well. Since I dont know the first thing about making videos, I just got YouTubers to make them and then just put them up on my website.
This. is. brilliant.

DAL

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 2, 2018
UK
Hi PTP

Thank-you for posting this thread, really enjoyed it. A true sense of what its like to get something off the ground. Congratulations on your achievements to date. I hope things have been continuing to snow ball for you!

DAL

Exonyte

New Contributor
May 14, 2016
Hi @PTP

Any updates? Thank you so much for sharing your experiences in this thread, it's been a source of great inspiration and knowledge. Cheers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom