The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eric from Erics Cheesecakes

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
No. I'm not sure he cares to know.

So this brings up a different issue here...

Truth be told, I got an email from Eric stating he was shipping the cheesecake the next day. He did not mention price at all. I did not read his email until the next day and hadn't yet responded before I got another email stating he shipped it and the total was $126.36. I was livid at this point. If I'd known what he was going to charge me I would have told him to forget it. Shortly after that, I got another email that was an invoice that had a tracking number attached.

I seriously considered not paying and sending the cake back. However, I thought better of it and chalked it up as a lesson learned. I should have had him clarify what he expected total costs to be. Although, that would have been a great lesson for him as well if I did send the cake back. I later learned another fastlaner was charged "only" $100. He got a bargain deal I guess?

I haven't chimed in with sharing my thoughts on his business nor his limiting beliefs. I know there was a ton of gold already shared but it was falling on deaf ears. I wasn't going to pile on and waste my time. I was just curious as to the quality and being a fan of cheesecakes I just wanted to be a customer. I had no ulterior motive.

Btw, I see this as a business scarcity vs abundance mentality issue. I don’t believe Eric meant to make money on this. He just thought that this was normal business practice. I bet he will be shocked to see these comments about him charging $125. But again it is this mentality which is keeping his business at this level for so long.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I don't want to judge, because for one I'm new to this myself but it seems like beating your head against a brick wall, maybe Eric just has alot more to learn?

Just disappointed, I wanted to see Eric's cheesecakes rise from the ashes to a national brand, oh well Tim's cheesecakes here we come.

Shipping at a reduced price of $95

Last edited:

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I would have thought more like this below (the address is random!).

If it had been me, I would have called her and ask for advice. I would show her my business and efforts etc etc etc. The worst that could happen is she could just disconnect or shout at me for being arrogant ;)

Capture.jpg

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Btw, I see this as a business scarcity vs abundance mentality issue. I don’t believe Eric meant to make money on this. He just thought that this was normal business practice. I bet he will be shocked to see these comments about him charging $125. But again it is this mentality which is keeping his business at this level for so long.

I was able to find out in five minutes that you can get a cheesecake factory original cheesecake delivered for $13.99 anywhere in the United States. This guy hasn’t even ordered one from them to see how they do what they do. He’s not serious.

@biophase’s rule #1 of business... know your competitors.

Somebody’s mom told them they make great cheesecake. The end.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I was able to find out in five minutes that you can get a cheesecake factory original cheesecake delivered for $13.99 anywhere in the United States. This guy hasn’t even ordered one from them to see how they do what they do. He’s not serious.

@biophase’s rule #1 of business... know your competitors.

Somebody’s mom told them they make great cheesecake. The end.

So do we get notable pulled from the title, so it finally disappears at the bottom of the heap?

The only thing notable about this thread is...

Nothing. It’s wasteful, distracting and frustrating. Tired of it staring at me with a gold tag at the top of the list.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Allow me to illiustrate an alternate ending for those of you using this thread in your own application. Imagine...

Eric, after getting a test package from Harry&David and looking at how they pack their consumable shipments...

Packs out a gift box including four of his best cheesecakes, along with a personal thank you note to @AllenCrawley. The shipment costs him a ton, but that wasn't the point.

Allen gets home from a long hike in the desert, only to find the shipment from @Ericito waiting for him. The shipment was HUGE! He opens it up, and the first thing he notices is the thank you note on top, and then the chill from the package because Eric used a crazy amount of temperature controlled dry ice.

Allen unpacks the surprise. Four of the most delicious cheesecakes your eyes have ever seen - what looks like a chocolate one, fresh berries, peanut butter... everything.

Eric doesn't know but Allen is an artistic photographer. He won't allow his family to dig into them until Allen takes the photos. He gets out some cake plates, and after his fistigious arranging, he posts an upload of the cakes to the FastLane forum. Before he even hits send, a half dozen people inquire as to how they can order. Its 11PM before his family is allowed to dig in to the cakes.

The next day, Allen has to figure out to do with these amazing cheesecakes. He calls @biophase and several other prominent forum members, and they agree to attend his cheesecake pool party the following night.

Allen chills the champagne for the perfect evening, as the Fastlane Forum powerhouses converge on his place. Even @MJ DeMarco, who doesn't eat cheesecake, stops over to check out the spectacle.

More photos, as people devour the amazing exotic byproduct of a story that unfolded through the forum. They love it. They want more. They each individually start posting their own reviews. The thread takes an amazing turn as one by one they each endorse Eric's Cheesecakes.

And...

a brand is born.

All it cost him was four cheesecakes, a thank you card, and a bit of ingenuity. Epic. Does anyone watching debate this was a possible outcome? If ever given the chance, this is what you do.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Allow me to illiustrate an alternate ending for those of you using this thread in your own application. Imagine...

Eric, after getting a test package from Harry&David and looking at how they pack their consumable shipments...

Packs out a gift box including four of his best cheesecakes, along with a personal thank you note to @AllenCrawley. The shipment costs him a ton, but that wasn't the point.

Allen gets home from a long hike in the desert, only to find the shipment from @Ericito waiting for him. The shipment was HUGE! He opens it up, and the first thing he notices is the thank you note on top, and then the chill from the package because Eric used a crazy amount of temperature controlled dry ice.

Allen unpacks the surprise. Four of the most delicious cheesecakes your eyes have ever seen - what looks like a chocolate one, fresh berries, peanut butter... everything.

Eric doesn't know but Allen is an artistic photographer. He won't allow his family to dig into them until Allen takes the photos. He gets out some cake plates, and after his fistigious arranging, he posts an upload of the cakes to the FastLane forum. Before he even hits send, a half dozen people inquire as to how they can order. Its 11PM before his family is allowed to dig in to the cakes.

The next day, Allen has to figure out to do with these amazing cheesecakes. He calls @biophase and several other prominent forum members, and they agree to attend his cheesecake pool party the following night.

Allen chills the champagne for the perfect evening, as the Fastlane Forum powerhouses converge on his place. Even @MJ DeMarco, who doesn't eat cheesecake, stops over to check out the spectacle.

More photos, as people devour the amazing exotic byproduct of a story that unfolded through the forum. They love it. They want more. They each individually start posting their own reviews. The thread takes an amazing turn as one by one they each endorse Eric's Cheesecakes.

And...

a brand is born.

All it cost him was four cheesecakes, a thank you card, and a bit of ingenuity. Epic. Does anyone watching debate this was a possible outcome? If ever given the chance, this is what you do.
Oh man! Hair raising alternative. Its been almost a year i have been on this forum. Didn't saw a single thread where so many prominent forum member giving advice, being accountable, pushing toward the right path, explaining, guiding, testing, showing, teasing, hurting ego, making angry....

Just so that they can see a phoenix rise from the ashes..

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just so people understand the NOTABLE tag and why this is NOTABLE...

It is classic case of what not to do, a classic case of mentality of getting in the way of success...

If you're familiar with the survivor bias, you succeed by studying failures.

The failures have more teachable moments in the them then do the successes. This, at the moment, is a failure to go beyond a hobby baker and I think it demonstrates the hows and whys people never can break out of their mental obstacles. It's not NOTABLE because it demonstrates some legendary success story or breakthrough, but the exact opposite. There's some great lessons here and its a reminder that failure has its value.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
For those thinking of buying a cheesecake from Eric, you may want to wait until he has his shipping process refined unless you're willing to spend about $125 for it.

When I saw that bill I was like, OMG, Allen must be killing it and not telling anyone because I don't know a lot of folks who would pay $125 for a cheesecake... but yea, that bill is ridiculous... $20 for a box? SMH.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Unfortunate how this played out, but I learned a lot during the thread that I've shared with my chef wife as she works to restart her life after defeating cancer. Thanks everyone who tried to help Eric - your efforts were not wasted for my wife.
This right here is why I stayed as long as I did. The @Ericito starfish is un-saveable ..... there are a lot of other starfish on the beach.......

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I am so done with this thread...
I have the same feeling I had when I finally had to tell a client we could no longer help him and his business was subsequently going to close. He had a $1B product with a $100k mentality.

With that, I agree with @million$$$smile ..... it is time for me to move on.

I remember talking with someone about a situation like this ....... "All you can do is all you can do. Be proud you gave them a chance."

Anyone got a progress thread I could come over and help? Reply to me in THAT thread. I do not plan to come back to this one........

Good luck @Ericito. Get out of your own way, make some F*cking progress, and I will happily come back.

guaava23

Ready for the FastLane Living!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 25, 2019
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Seems like this is a notable threat more on what not to do, and how not to be flexible about changing and trying many new things to adapt and be successful.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Good Morning,

I feel that l need to address this issue about shipping to took place over the weekend with Allen Crawley.

First of all, shipping was never a part of my business. I don’t offer shipping, it is not posted on my website that shipping is included. That means that l had no setup, no postal deals, no equipment, no supplies, no refrigeration/dry ice needed to ship frozen food across the country. I was never prepared to do this because again….shipping was not a part of my business.

So when asked by Allen Crawley to ship a cheesecake to Scottsdale AZ, l originally denied the request, based on the fact that l was not set up for it.

However, due to much insistence from the forum as well as personal communications from some l am in direct contact with, it was strongly suggested that I get Mr. Crawley a cheesecake.

I agreed and did whatever l could to get some type of shipping preparations together to make this happen. It included extensive researching, ordering and getting the proper materials to get this done in the safest and best way possible. I didn’t just want to put a cheesecake in a box with some gel packs and hope that they don’t thaw out, because l concern myself with every cheesecake l make and deliver. So to ship a cheesecake over 2 days and it sits outside in 85 degree temperature for 5 hours, to me is an accomplishment.

However, as far as costs to provide this service was something l was not prepared for, but did my best to make it happen the best way that l could. Especially when the post office hit me with an unexpected charge that was not a part of the original budget.

Unfortunately, the shipping price was a bit out of range then l expected it to be, but based on the email sent to me by Mr. Crawley prior to sending the cheesecake, even at $72 would have been too much. So either way, it would not have mattered, and my getting brutally burned in this forum based on something l had not control over, because it was not a regular part of the business is absolutely unfair.

However, it is what it is and no matter what l say will not make a difference.

So you can believe and say whatever you want. You can find places that have a greater/free shipping and get an amazing cheesecake. Please feel free to do such.

Can l make it better? I’m working on it. Some businesses takes years to grow, even with all the funds and capitol.

I have never asked for money in this forum. My goal has always been to take nothing and make it into something. Even though l don’t have the funds to make it grow bigger, or ever will, Eric’s Cheesecakes is still alive. It may not be what you think it should be, but it is still there.

So judge it as you have been. Many of you standing on your soap boxes looking down at me. Its all good, because it is what you know.

I sincerely apologize for wasting many or your time over this 2 year long forum, that seemed to go no where.

I however do thank all those who did all they could to help with so many wonderful suggestions and ideas. For whom l will always be grateful.

@MJ DeMarco, if you feel that you need to close this forum, then its totally ok with me. It seems like it has become a social media nightmare. I don’t want to pester anyone anymore with my issues.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this Notable Forum.

Whatever you decide will be fine with me.

Eric

Attachments

• Crawley.PNG
    Crawley.PNG
    341 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Don't abandon this thread @Ericito. If you can't ship, become famous locally. Then near cities and state then country then world...

Keep updating your struggle and maybe, one day, we will read this thread as GOLD in Inside.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
tenor.gif

First of all, shipping was never a part of my business. I don’t offer shipping, it is not posted on my website that shipping is included. That means that l had no setup, no postal deals, no equipment, no supplies, no refrigeration/dry ice needed to ship frozen food across the country. I was never prepared to do this because again….shipping was not a part of my business. So when asked by Allen Crawley to ship a cheesecake to Scottsdale AZ, l originally denied the request, based on the fact that l was not set up for it.

It was never about the shipping. Sorry to be harsh here, but after following this thread for some time and having read every single post since page 1, it seems that you lack a certain amount of social/emotional intelligence, which causes you to reply in the way you do. This is also why you don't "get it".

The fact that you posted Allen's private conversation on this public forum is further proof to that. Would you post your customers' email exchanges online too?

However, due to much insistence from the forum as well as personal communications from some l am in direct contact with, it was strongly suggested that I get Mr. Crawley a cheesecake.
I agreed and did whatever l could to get some type of shipping preparations together to make this happen. It included extensive researching, ordering and getting the proper materials to get this done in the safest and best way possible.

Again, same issue, you're blaming others. Ok, what if you simply flat out refuse to? I doubt anyone here will point a gun at you.

I didn’t just want to put a cheesecake in a box with some gel packs and hope that they don’t thaw out, because l concern myself with every cheesecake l make and deliver. So to ship a cheesecake over 2 days and it sits outside in 85 degree temperature for 5 hours, to me is an accomplishment.

The point of shipping the cheese cake to Allen, IMHO, for you, should actually be more of a test to see how well the cheese cake can endure the shipping. It was also, what I feel, more of an encouragement from him to you. I'm sure Allen knows that you're unfamiliar with this cheesecake-shipping procedures (as stated by you on this thread) and you're still developing the procedures, so it's very unlikely of him to post reviews on social media or yelp saying your cheesecake shipping procedures suck.

You should have shipped the cakes to him, bear the expenses yourself, and get him to provide honest comments and have photographs sent to you, so you can see the state of the cake when it reaches him.
Then you further refine the process, probably use less gel packs to see if you can bring the costs down, change the packaging to make it cheaper or use another shipping service, and re-send to him, and keep testing it this way, until you're able to do what others are doing. e.g: shipping cakes for $13.99

You know what....if you had handled this the right way, you could have bagged ZCP + Allen as your mentors for crying out loud!!!

Unfortunately, the shipping price was a bit out of range then l expected it to be, but based on the email sent to me by Mr. Crawley prior to sending the cheesecake, even at $72 would have been too much.

Did you get Allen's yes confirmation before shipping to him?
For online businesses, when the shipping charges are too high (e.g: international delivery for my case), the shops will send an email with the total shipping costs and whether I want to proceed.
This is the standard operating procedure.

So you can believe and say whatever you want. You can find places that have a greater/free shipping and get an amazing cheesecake. Please feel free to do such.

This sort of attitude will not take you anywhere. Heard of the saying "the customer is always right?"
Not always, but it just means that 99% of the time, you need to suck it up and please the customer even if it costs you $$$ out from your own pocket, because in the long term, this will do you more good than harm. It's all about thinking long-term, something you appear to be lacking.

E.g: A customer walks into your physical shop to buy a cheesecake.
She takes it back home to eat and halfway, found an insect in it.

Do you blame her and say "Oh, you can find places that have a better cheesecake. Please feel free to do such."?

Or do you apologise profusely, then send her a new cheesecake personally + sorry note + $20 cash/voucher/discount-for-next-order, and request her to write a testimonial, so that other potential customers can see how well you treat them when things go wrong, which in long term will bring in more biz for you?

Can l make it better? I’m working on it. Some businesses takes years to grow, even with all the funds and capitol.

It was never about the time or funds or capital.
It was all about your mindset and inability to see things, see the big picture and long-term implications.
Read Vigilante's long post above and give us your thoughts on that. Do you understand what he's talking about?

Your thinking and attitude, from the day you started this thread till now 1 Apr 2019, is still exactly the same, unchanged.

Last edited:

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Over time, I have read every page of this thread.
TL;DR summary:

Ericito: I have great cheesecake, but I can't grow my business because [obstacle].

Forum members: Eric thinks this is an obstacle, but it's not. Let's try to show him why it's not.

Ericito: I still can't grow my business because [obstacle].

Forum: Let's be really encouraging. Let's cheer Eric on, and try to get him to see the light.

Forum: [practically throwing obstacle-busting reasons at Eric with the utmost persistence and kindness]

Forum: *scratches head* I think Eric really, truly doesn't see that the only obstacle is his mindset.

Ericito: It's not my mindset. I believe in my cheesecake. I know it's great. I just can't grow my business because [obstacle].

Forum: *rubs chin* It's kind of like a blindness. I don't know if we can get him to see it. We've been trying to shake him by the shoulders for a while now...

Ericito: Y'all just don't get that I can't grow my business because [obstacle].

Forum: *shrugs shoulders* - Eric, when you finally see the light and experience your mindset shift, will you let us know? We want it to happen... we just can't do it for you.

Ericito: *sad and disappointed with the forum*

Forum: *sad and disappointed with Ericito*

Bystanders: Silently correcting their own mindset issues that are being exposed by the amazing coaching and advice that has been handed out so freely by the forum.

=================
Eric, I'm really sorry for the way that this thread has turned out, and I wish you all the best in your cheesecake business. I can tell that you care about your quality, your customers, and your recipe. My sincerest hope for you is that one day, you will truly experience an epiphany, a mindset shift, where it's as if the scales fall from your eyes and you can see what the forum has been saying to you. When that happens, it will set you free from all the blockages and obstacles that are currently holding you back. I hope that one day, you can read back through this thread and see every page in a brand-new light, and that all the advice that has been given will begin to be something you can take action on. Sincerest kind wishes to you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
TL;DR summary:

Ericito: I have great cheesecake, but I can't grow my business because [obstacle].

Forum members: Eric thinks this is an obstacle, but it's not. Let's try to show him why it's not.

Forum: Let's be really encouraging. Let's cheer Eric on, and try to get him to see the light.

Forum: [practically throwing obstacle-busting reasons at Eric with the utmost persistence and kindness]

Forum: *scratches head* I think Eric really, truly doesn't see that the only obstacle is his mindset.

Ericito: It's not my mindset. I believe in my cheesecake. I know it's great. I just can't grow my business because [obstacle].

Forum: *rubs chin* It's kind of like a blindness. I don't know if we can get him to see it. We've been trying to shake him by the shoulders for a while now...

Forum: *shrugs shoulders* - Eric, when you finally see the light and experience your mindset shift, will you let us know? We want it to happen... we just can't do it for you.

Bystanders: Silently correcting their own mindset issues that are being exposed by the amazing coaching and advice that has been handed out so freely by the forum.

=================
Eric, I'm really sorry for the way that this thread has turned out, and I wish you all the best in your cheesecake business. I can tell that you care about your quality, your customers, and your recipe. My sincerest hope for you is that one day, you will truly experience an epiphany, a mindset shift, where it's as if the scales fall from your eyes and you can see what the forum has been saying to you. When that happens, it will set you free from all the blockages and obstacles that are currently holding you back. I hope that one day, you can read back through this thread and see every page in a brand-new light, and that all the advice that has been given will begin to be something you can take action on. Sincerest kind wishes to you.

Your post is exactly why MJ allows these threads to live in perpetuity. Speed+ to you. Great recap.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Don't abandon this thread @Ericito. If you can't ship, become famous locally. Then near cities and state then country then world...

Keep updating your struggle and maybe, one day, we will read this thread as GOLD in Inside.

Not sure about the thread, but local may seem the be the best route. I actually was really trying to get this shipping thing to work. Actually l have and may still do it despite all. Already got a better postal rate, just wasn't quick enough. No worries, im not going anywhere, in business that is.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Last edited:

Merging Left

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jul 20, 2014
Nice Punt. Wish you the best in Kernersville.
@Merging Left...I will prove you wrong. But it will happen at the right time. When it can happen, it most definitely will.
Please do. I mean this completely sincerely. Everyone here wants to see you succeed. Please prove me wrong and come back and explain how you would do things differently if you could do it again.

The frustration of so many members here is your sentence "When it can happen..." We've tried for over a year now to demonstrate that the time can very much be right now if you just approached your problems from a slightly different perspective, but you've made it extremely clear that you prefer your method for solving problems and you'd rather do it at your own pace.

I hope you make it. I really do.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
Please do. I mean this completely sincerely. Everyone here wants to see you succeed. Please prove me wrong and come back and explain how you would do things differently if you could do it again.

The frustration of so many members here is your sentence "When it can happen..." We've tried for over a year now to demonstrate that the time can very much be right now if you just approached your problems from a slightly different perspective, but you've made it extremely clear that you prefer your method for solving problems and you'd rather do it at your own pace.

I hope you make it. I really do.

I know you do. I will. In the meantime, l hope your project goes well too.
Thanks for all the support.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina
TL;DR summary:

=================

Thank you for the kind words and advice. I really appreciate it. As l say, It will get there, just at the right time. It is partial mindset because and of reality. So it's up to me to change everything, if it means changing the laws/regulations. But that is on me. No one else can do it but me.
All the suggestions and ideas from this forum have been nothing but supreme. Some have been brutal, but true. Some have been unrealistic for me. However, l appreciate all the support. So it in my hands now. When it happens, you will know. Probably not from the forum but from the visible proof. Actions speak louder than words.
So be it.
Again... Thank you.
Sincerely
Eric

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
if it means changing the laws/regulations.

Facepalm. You can't even pinpoint the problem.

What's outside isn't the problem (the laws) it's what's inside (your head).

Using "the law" as your excuse gives you a nice little scapegoat to lean upon and feel good about.

Do you have a link where Cheesecake Factory changed the laws? Go ahead, post it.

If your solution is to legislate law changes, your solution is to stay small. Your solution is failure. Your solution is REALLY to stick to your day job and sell your baked goods to the neighbors on the weekend.

I give up. For the Nth time.

Ericito

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jul 22, 2017
North Carolina

Using "the law" as your excuse gives you a nice little scapegoat to lean upon and feel good about.

Do you have a link where Cheesecake Factory changed the laws? Go ahead, post it.

If your solution is to legislate law changes, your solution is to stay small. Your solution is failure. Your solution is REALLY to stick to your day job and sell your baked goods to the neighbors on the weekend.

Then it is something that l have to deal with. Inside the head and outside the head. Regardless of where it is, it's for me to resolve.
Thank you for you response.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Capitalism requires ditch diggers. Not every project is worth saving. Not everyone who ever baked a cheesecake can understand the commandment of scale. It’s ok to bake for your bridge club.

Case closed.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
So in my current business, I am recognizing two type of people and friends. Nothing is wrong with either, just different mentalities.

I sell dog collars, and sometimes when browsing the orders I'll see orders from my friends. My roommate from college who I haven't seen in 15 years recently ordered, some friends of my parents too, etc... These friends just go online and order. If I see their order I refund them the money and send the product. These friends support my company by purchasing my goods at full price and expect nothing back.

Now, I have other friends that are the opposite. They say "my dog would love to wear your collar. You should give him one. I'll help spread your brand and advertise for you." In their mind, they are doing me a favor by having their dog wear my brand. They shouldn't have to PAY for my collar, in fact, I should be paying them for the exposure.

I don't think either way is wrong. It is just a different mindset among people. Both sets of people think that they are helping my brand.

So here you have two different mindsets of how to reach the same goal, the goal of learning how to ship a cheesecake. Both may get you there, but one is in my opinion, better than they other.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So in my current business, I am recognizing two type of people and friends. Nothing is wrong with either, just different mentalities.

I sell dog collars, and sometimes when browsing the orders I'll see orders from my friends. My roommate from college who I haven't seen in 15 years recently ordered, some friends of my parents too, etc... These friends just go online and order. If I see their order and I refund them the money and send the product. These friends support my company by purchasing my goods at full price and expect nothing back.

Now, I have other friends that are the opposite. They say "my dog would love to wear your collar. You should give him one. I'll help spread your brand and advertise for you." In their mind, they are doing me a favor by having their dog wear my brand. They shouldn't have to PAY for my collar, in fact, I should be paying them for the exposure.

I don't think either way is wrong. It is just a different mindset among people. Both sets of people think that they are helping my brand.

So here you have two different mindsets of how to reach the same goal, the goal of learning how to ship a cheesecake. Both may get you there, but one is in my opinion, better than they other.

raise your collar prices to $125 and see how many of your friends still buy them

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.