In a good way - I think!
About 2 years ago, I read Millionaire Fastlane while on vacation in Cancun. It was the first vacation I had taken, something my parents could not afford growing up. It was so INCREDIBLE at the time to escape my corporate job and be drinking beers on a beach. Something about Millionaire Fastlane on that trip caught my attention - the idea of passivity. I thought WOW , I could create a business that pays me while I am on vacation? I could earn enough to do this whenever I wanted? I could earn enough to not have to work, and maybe sell my business one day? The thought of retiring early and vacationing was a driving force behind me as I started my business, and honestly I think is the reason I stuck with it. So two years later, after 14 hours of work every day, I went back to the same resort and took 14 days to not work, acting as if I was retired, all while my business was earning passive income on auto-pilot. I had finally done it!
But guess what ......... I hated it! I was so confused as to why - and then it hit me. Over the last couple years I have developed a love not for satisfying my own desires, but for HELPING PEOPLE! The whole time I was out of my office, I just wanted to be back in the action working with my clients. I think through our businesses, we can honestly make the world a better place for our customers, their families, our families, and other stakeholders. And THAT is how I found my new passion!
Curious if any of you agree???
About 2 years ago, I read Millionaire Fastlane while on vacation in Cancun. It was the first vacation I had taken, something my parents could not afford growing up. It was so INCREDIBLE at the time to escape my corporate job and be drinking beers on a beach. Something about Millionaire Fastlane on that trip caught my attention - the idea of passivity. I thought WOW , I could create a business that pays me while I am on vacation? I could earn enough to do this whenever I wanted? I could earn enough to not have to work, and maybe sell my business one day? The thought of retiring early and vacationing was a driving force behind me as I started my business, and honestly I think is the reason I stuck with it. So two years later, after 14 hours of work every day, I went back to the same resort and took 14 days to not work, acting as if I was retired, all while my business was earning passive income on auto-pilot. I had finally done it!
But guess what ......... I hated it! I was so confused as to why - and then it hit me. Over the last couple years I have developed a love not for satisfying my own desires, but for HELPING PEOPLE! The whole time I was out of my office, I just wanted to be back in the action working with my clients. I think through our businesses, we can honestly make the world a better place for our customers, their families, our families, and other stakeholders. And THAT is how I found my new passion!
Curious if any of you agree???
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


