• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

Entrepreneurship RUINED my vacation!

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by TreyAllDay, Nov 18, 2018.

1. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,382
    In a good way - I think!

About 2 years ago, I read Millionaire Fastlane while on vacation in Cancun. It was the first vacation I had taken, something my parents could not afford growing up. It was so INCREDIBLE at the time to escape my corporate job and be drinking beers on a beach. Something about Millionaire Fastlane on that trip caught my attention - the idea of passivity. I thought WOW , I could create a business that pays me while I am on vacation? I could earn enough to do this whenever I wanted? I could earn enough to not have to work, and maybe sell my business one day? The thought of retiring early and vacationing was a driving force behind me as I started my business, and honestly I think is the reason I stuck with it. So two years later, after 14 hours of work every day, I went back to the same resort and took 14 days to not work, acting as if I was retired, all while my business was earning passive income on auto-pilot. I had finally done it!

But guess what ......... I hated it! I was so confused as to why - and then it hit me. Over the last couple years I have developed a love not for satisfying my own desires, but for HELPING PEOPLE! The whole time I was out of my office, I just wanted to be back in the action working with my clients. I think through our businesses, we can honestly make the world a better place for our customers, their families, our families, and other stakeholders. And THAT is how I found my new passion!

Curious if any of you agree???

fortu1992, Kruiser, Daniel A and 19 others like this.
  2. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,138
    I agree with everything that you've said except...I love "vacations".

3. VIVEKSINGHJADONS

VIVEKSINGHJADONS VSJ Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $240
    I totally agree with you. To help others is the real essence of entrepreneurship. It is a way to change the world for the better.

100k, GregDott, Andy Black and 2 others like this.
  4. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $8,033
    You can still 'work' in your vacation.
    Meet new people that can help you out in the future, try out new skills to learn, find newbies to teach and so on.

I went on a stretch of meetup.com events in my last sem break. Worth it to see a different world besides 9-5ers and academics.

Congratulations for you finding something that you feel really fulfilled in doing.

The sad side of the coin is that most folks take vacations to 'recover' from work that drains them emotionally and physically, with lack of control. The vacation industry may not be as different as the pharmaceuticals industry in the sense that it only solves their symptoms of hate for their work, not the root cause.

TreyAllDay likes this.
  5. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $91,478
    2018-05-08 18.19.38.jpg 2018-06-11 07.20.21.jpg I took 6-7 vacations this past year. Purchased a travel trailer last year and have been using it to the max! There is so much to do in the southwest. I despise airports and long flights. Love open lands, beaches, and being outside. This is heaven for me.

Both of these photos were taken from the respective campsites.

Fortunately my entrepreneur path is coming to an end.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Required, fortu1992, Kruiser and 7 others like this.
  6. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,138
    Why is your entrepreneur path coming to an end? Quitting? Sold company?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TreyAllDay and SteveO like this.
  7. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $91,478
    Done. Sold everything but the golf course. Going to build a house on the side of a mountain on 40 acres. Already have the land. Next stop... Margaritaville...

8. jon.M

jon.M Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $295
    Interesting post, @TreyAllDay , thanks for sharing. Personally, I feel like I'm a man on a mission and I can't truly rest until it's completed. Only when it's done I'll be able to retire to Margaritaville.

TreyAllDay and SteveO like this.
  9. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,195
    When I am home, my mind is on making money almost 24/7, that's just what comforts me. But as soon as trip day gets here.... it doesn't bother me a bit to be without a computer (I don't access the internet from my phone) or without internet for ever how long we are away. I do sometimes think about work while away but I'm not concentrating on it. To this day the lil woman asks if I want to atleast take the iPad but I say no. But then once I'm back home, my mind goes right back to work.

Walter Hay, Dramolion and TreyAllDay like this.
  10. TreyAllDay

TreyAllDay Whatever it takes Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,382
    True - I think I would more-so enjoy living somewhere less miserable. Going somewhere tropical is nice because I live in Alberta, Canada where it's snowy or crappy 8 months of the year. My goal is to live somewhere like LA/Phoenix where I could work while still taking time to enjoy the weather, golf, whatever. I love doing the trip up to phoenix now because it's a short flight and I can get in and out in 3 days for some quick relaxation.

ZF Lee, SteveO and The Abundant Man like this.
  11. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,921
    I don't take vacations. Vacations imply you enjoy a break from life, then the fun's over and you're pulled back in.

My life is in constant motion, a never ending dance into the layers of existence.

TreyAllDay, SteveO, SMH and 1 other person like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.