The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Endurance is my weakest aspect. Any suggestions?

mercenariez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 20, 2019
I wouldn't say I'm below average in terms of productivity, but I would say I'm not as productive as those competing at the highest level (e.g. 12+ hour a day entrepreneurs, investment bankers, lawyers, etc.).

I was able to graduate from university from a relativity difficult program, so I can handle a decent amount of workload. But it just seems like it's not enough to compete with the big dogs.

I usually go for about 4-6 hours a day. The actual stuff I get done in this period is very productive (in my opinion anyway), but after that I'm hitting the bed for the rest of the day.

Long events tire me, I don't seem to have much endurance.

Now, for some context, I do have clinical depression and anxiety, so that's partly contributing I guess, but I hate making excuses.

My diet is pretty good (usually), though my sleep can be erratic especially on days where I overwork into the late hours, because when I get on a roll I don't want to stop. I exercise a decent amount as well, but I feel like when I overwork my mind on some days I have no energy to exercise after (this wasn't how it was in university, just feeling this more as I age -- currently in late 20s).

I don't want to give in and say it's genetics but it honestly feels like it. My dad is the same way as are my siblings and relatives. But again, I don't like making excuses and obviously I can at the very least improve and be a better me even if I'm not at the same level as the best in the world.

I would appreciate any input anyone has, though I know it's tough to suggest stuff with this limited information only.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I wouldn't say I'm below average in terms of productivity, but I would say I'm not as productive as those competing at the highest level (e.g. 12+ hour a day entrepreneurs, investment bankers, lawyers, etc.).

I was able to graduate from university from a relativity difficult program, so I can handle a decent amount of workload. But it just seems like it's not enough to compete with the big dogs.

I usually go for about 4-6 hours a day. The actual stuff I get done in this period is very productive (in my opinion anyway), but after that I'm hitting the bed for the rest of the day.

Long events tire me, I don't seem to have much endurance.

Now, for some context, I do have clinical depression and anxiety, so that's partly contributing I guess, but I hate making excuses.

My diet is pretty good (usually), though my sleep can be erratic especially on days where I overwork into the late hours, because when I get on a roll I don't want to stop. I exercise a decent amount as well, but I feel like when I overwork my mind on some days I have no energy to exercise after (this wasn't how it was in university, just feeling this more as I age -- currently in late 20s).

I don't want to give in and say it's genetics but it honestly feels like it. My dad is the same way as are my siblings and relatives. But again, I don't like making excuses and obviously I can at the very least improve and be a better me even if I'm not at the same level as the best in the world.

I would appreciate any input anyone has, though I know it's tough to suggest stuff with this limited information only.

I hate to say this, but I always felt this IS genetics, since I've similar issues.

Never understood how people (especially doctors and professors/academics), can play sports for 2 hours, work 16 hours a day, 2 hours for eating total, 1 hour for daily self-improvement and 3 hours for sleep, and still wake up the next morning feeling ultra-energized.

Or maybe the guy who goes for an ironman triathlon at 3 AM, finishes at 8 AM, then go to the office to work till 7 PM non-stop, skips dinner, then goes to a seminar at 7.45 PM - 10 PM, watches political news and stocks till 11 PM, reading till 1 AM, work till 3 AM, then repeat the next day.

Probably has to do with testosterone levels as well ala Gary Vee. The "A-type" go-getter kind who hustles 17 hours non-stop while spending another 3 hours flying around various parts of the US giving speeches.

Sure, diet and sports can help a bit (probably extend your durability by 1 - 1.5 hrs?), but it won't turn you into that type you're referring to.

For me, I need my 6 hours of sleep daily, anything less and I can't function.

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
Fasting has immensely boosted my energy levels, over the roof. Even with 5 hours of sleep, I can function without any major problems. I don't know why but works for me.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
(e.g. 12+ hour a day entrepreneurs, investment bankers, lawyers, etc.).

If they don't lie about how many hours they really work, then these are the guys who will most likely have a heart attack at 40, who will end up depressed, who will find themselves lonely with no real loving relationships to speak of, or will otherwise find themselves in an unenviable position.

Don't worry about quantity, worry about quality. Have you ever heard about the law of diminishing marginal utility? It applies here as well. The more hours you work, the less results each subsequent hour generates.

You said:

If you're getting great results, you're doing it right.

Take a look at this thread:
The 80/20 Principle Library

And this one for the INSIDERS:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...e-lazy-way-you-dont-need-anything-else.65433/

Hijena1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Oct 1, 2018
Germany
If they don't lie about how many hours they really work, then these are the guys who will most likely have a heart attack at 40, who will end up depressed, who will find themselves lonely with no real loving relationships to speak of, or will otherwise find themselves in an unenviable position.

Don't worry about quantity, worry about quality. Have you ever heard about the law of diminishing marginal utility? It applies here as well. The more hours you work, the less results each subsequent hour generates.

You said:

If you're getting great results, you're doing it right.

Take a look at this thread:
The 80/20 Principle Library

And this one for the INSIDERS:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...e-lazy-way-you-dont-need-anything-else.65433/
I somehow always find myself loving your answers, especially books reviews. Don't know how you do it, but keep doing it.

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
I'm female, and in my 40's, so this may not be helpful to you.

I got my blood tested to figure out where i had deficiencies, which helped a lot. In addition, I increased my protein intake (eggs). I also had to take iron supplements, as a lot of women have iron deficiencies.

Sorry if this isn't helpful to you specifically, just a few things from my end.

BigDaddyKane

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Jan 19, 2011
Everybody is different in what works for them. And even within these constructs certain things in life come in cycles. I've always been physically active in my life and I constantly fluctuate between being fit and not fit. But one thing is for sure, over time, I have always maintained a regular habit of exercising. One thing I do is to try to find ways that keep it interesting for me. For example, the other day I went with a friend up to the hills and we hiked for like 3 hours. Aside from that and depending on my schedule at any given moment I'll take random runs/jogs. You'd be surprised how intense of a workout you can get in 20-30 minutes. But instead of thinking of it as "running" I just run. I won't even think about the distance. I'll just go until I feel like it. Has worked for me so far. I usually fluctuate between 9% and 14% bodyfat.

Genetics is only a small fraction of it. It's also good that you're eating well. That's so important. I know exactly how you feel when you say you overwork your mind sometimes. The biggest thing I can share from my experience (because of the nature of my work my sleep is ALL over the place) is to just go with what feels right. For example, sometimes I'll pull an all nighter without much effort just from being zoned in/excited about the task at hand. I might make up for it with a long nap during the day or I may just keep going. In the same way sometimes I'll hit a 5am run, sometimes it's a 9pm run. But ultimately it doesn't matter when they're getting done, as long as the things you want to accomplish are getting done. And on a relatively consistent basis.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.