The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Email Marketing Is Truly Fastlane?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Ferdinand33

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 28, 2016
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I've read The Millionaire Fastlane . It's an excellent book.

I was wondering if there was anyone here doing their fastlane journey with email marketing?

Email Marketing is a branch of internet marketing, and the part I believe that is truly fastlane is that you can setup autoresponders (they send automatic messages).

If you can automate your traffic source this could effectively be very fast lane.

The best is free traffic as you can them make pure profits. Anyone been getting excellent traffic with Followliker's software. I'm talking of mainly the Twitter & Instagram Editions.

Anyone doing this with success [email marketing]?

If so, what niche are you operating in?

Let's chat ; ) Really looking forward to communicating with others with similar interests!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
The best is free traffic as you can them make pure profits. Anyone been getting excellent traffic with Followliker's software. I'm talking of mainly the Twitter & Instagram Editions.

!

I recently started an email marketing campaign on my main account, niche related. Within about 7 days of me posting a very simple landing page onto my bio I have received 13 subscriptions to my "newsletter." I did no extra promotion other than posting the link. I have 7,000 followers and I assume that once I add captions to my photos to subscribe I will get more. Due to finals week I have not sent out an email, but that will be coming out this week.

So has it been successful, No. Not in terms of money for me, YET. But I assume that it will. I will be keeping this updated on my Thread that you commented on previously.

Ferdinand33

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 28, 2016
I recently started an email marketing campaign on my main account, niche related. Within about 7 days of me posting a very simple landing page onto my bio I have received 13 subscriptions to my "newsletter." I did no extra promotion other than posting the link. I have 7,000 followers and I assume that once I add captions to my photos to subscribe I will get more. Due to finals week I have not sent out an email, but that will be coming out this week.

So has it been successful, No. Not in terms of money for me, YET. But I assume that it will. I will be keeping this updated on my Thread that you commented on previously.

Are you split testing your landing page to increase conversion rate? I can show you how to if you want ; )

axiom

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Dec 6, 2014
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I've read The Millionaire Fastlane . It's an excellent book.

I was wondering if there was anyone here doing their fastlane journey with email marketing?

Email Marketing is a branch of internet marketing, and the part I believe that is truly fastlane is that you can setup autoresponders (they send automatic messages).

If you can automate your traffic source this could effectively be very fast lane.

Let's chat ; ) Really looking forward to communicating with others with similar interests!
Perhaps email marketing does separate your time from your money.

But does that make it the best option?

Absolutely not.

It obviously depends on the industry, but more often than not when looking to make big sales, email marketing is a highly ineffective form of marketing. Think about it. How many autoresponders have you signed up for that you never even look at? For me, it is a lot. It is simply too impersonal, too passive.

Don't get me wrong, it can work well with small widgets worth less than $50. But for big deals, relationships are king. And nothing builds relationships better than putting a face (and voice) to the name.

So yeah, maybe email marketing does fit best with the 'passive' ideal espoused on the forum a lot. But this by no means makes it the best option to be truly fastlane.

JonnyC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
463%
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
Hi,

Are you currently or intend to start selling email marketing services to startups?

D

Deleted20833

Yes email marketing is fastlane..it's distribution channel

The key is to run a high converting lead gen ad with a
quick little upsell after they optin to cover the ad cost

When you have that lined up..you can scale fast because
you're pretty much building up your email list for FREE

deepestblue

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Jun 11, 2011
Arizona
Email is the core driver and backbone of many multi-million dollar online and offline businesses in almost any niche you can imagine. Simply put, a responsive email list is still one of the most effective ways to build ongoing revenue. Think of it as you forming a warm, advisory relationship with each and every person who signs up. And add high value, don't have the email sequence be a pitchfest extravaganza or attrition will be high.

Ferdinand33

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 28, 2016
Yes email marketing is fastlane..it's distribution channel

The key is to run a high converting lead gen ad with a
quick little upsell after they optin to cover the ad cost

When you have that lined up..you can scale fast because
you're pretty much building up your email list for FREE

How do drive your traffic? Paid traffic or Solo Ads?

Kallin Trotman

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Dec 30, 2015
Melbourne
D

Deleted20833

How do drive your traffic? Paid traffic or Solo Ads?

Right now I'm running Facebook Ads..watching the numbers and working to increase conversions

I'm also working on my follow up email sequence to increase conversion on the long run

I'm also building up my youtube channel with content and SEO to get "organic" traffic

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Email Marketing is just one marketing channel. It's not "fastlane," it's not "get rich quick" and it's not a road to wealth.

Email marketing is tremendously powerful, and I've made a lot of money from email campaigns within my own businesses.

But I already had a product, I already had something to sell. In fact, most of the time I was already selling to my existing customers and capturing customers who at first said "no."

Autoresponders aren't a magic bullet. They aren't some magical thing that will make you money. They themselves are worthless until you put them use to selling a product or service people will happily hand you money for.

Like @AllenCrawley said, you don't truly understand what the "Fastlane" is all about. Yet.

Mac

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 10, 2015
They are a piece to building a profitable marketing funnel and are an excellent way to nurture a lead if you provide them (your leads) with value. Pumping out constant "buy me" emails will cause your prospects to unsubscribe.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
They are no more or less Fastlane then a business suit, laptop, library membership, Skype subscription or phone book. Its a tool. Application and strategy of a tool is what is Fastlane or not Fastlane (as already noted).

Deciding on gym shorts isn't an athlete. 10,000 hours at the gym is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.