The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E.COM-Quit Procrastinating and start executing ...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Ending week two- $950 ...I shipped using USPS on a few items which came directly out of my paypal account.(from TX to Puerto Rico)
Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 9.28.37 PM.png
Ok im learning ebay still so this is where most of my time is being spent... hopefully this week i will get my amazon listings back up and running. I did get a bunch of UPCs so I can create my own listings this time.

I now have 4 listings on ebay
1. Big hitter - most of my sales come from
2. New product - sold 1 ..less than 7 views
3. Different variation of the above product - sold 1...less than 6 views
4. Big name product...not getting any views on this for some reason..going to look into changing the title.

GOAL this week...week 3 - 5/16/16
-(same goal as last week) Get amazon listings running
-reach around $1500 in paypal.
-add my other products
-get more traffic\sales to my other other products

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
upload_2016-5-23_15-19-54.png
Start of week 4.(Day 23) =$1681.88
averaging around $500 a week

Well i was able to pass my goal of $1500 this week but still haven't listed on amazon again yet.
This is all off ebay selling a few items in the $20-$65 range that was ordered via Alibaba.

Idk what it is but im clearly dragging my a$$ here and just kind of working on this 30 mins to a hour a day which is not bad for 500 a week ,but I have seem to been sleeping alot for some reason lol. I know if i can average this and get back the 1k a week via amazon i would be pretty set.

Currently my new house mortgage is $1500 so it feels good to know that i could cover that if i do quit my job soon(dont plan on it yet tho.) with minimum work.

This weekend i will be in Orlando and Miami for Memorial day weekend 2016 so i am not to sure what to make my goals this week.

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX
Wow man talk about a roller coaster of emotions! From being banned on Amazon, to FB and Google ad bans, to floods and jail, how are you still sane?! Anyway its a great read. Keep up the good work!

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Wow man talk about a roller coaster of emotions! From being banned on Amazon, to FB and Google ad bans, to floods and jail, how are you still sane?! Anyway its a great read. Keep up the good work!

Just have to accept the road blocks and figure a way around or through them

Thanks

Tapp001

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
May 24, 2016
Just have to accept the road blocks and figure a way around or through them

Thanks

I agree with @PTP. This is quite the ride, very educational and entertaining. Thank you for sharing, and I wish you and your business all the luck!

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
removed.png

Man every time I get this car moving to the fastlane another part breaks. What a way to end the month.

Seems like competition felt some type of way and reported my listing...On the listing i said it was not their product or to be confused with (brand name). They can report it for having their name in the listing.

-___- .. So i lost a posting with around 70 sold and 13+ feedback ...

Well Ill take care of it when i get back... I'm going enjoy myself this weekend in Orlando & Miami. ..hopefully i can run across a few ideas for new products.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
View attachment 12469

Man every time I get this car moving to the fastlane another part breaks. What a way to end the month.

Seems like competition felt some type of way and reported my listing...On the listing i said it was not their product or to be confused with (brand name). They can report it for having their name in the listing.

-___- .. So i lost a posting with around 70 sold and 13+ feedback ...

Well Ill take care of it when i get back... I'm going enjoy myself this weekend in Orlando & Miami. ..hopefully i can run across a few ideas for new products.

Man, the fastlane really isn't making your journey clearcut. Step back, let your hair down and use the weekend to re-energize/re-focus.

Rock on.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Well i missed my Monday post because i was in Orlando/ Miami but im doing it now.

First off man... Miami was nothing but motivation ....you see 100k+ cars like every two minutes ...with the huge houses on the water and yachts ...it was truly a experience and reminder to get my a$$ to f*kn work harder...

IMG_1886.JPG IMG_1885.JPG IMG_1884.JPG IMG_1883.JPG IMG_1882.JPG

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Monday post - may 30th

So to end my first month on ebay i did reach my $2,000 goal ..with my smaller products taking up the slack for my big one that was removed last week...and the $2500 i made on amazon in two weeks pays out this month (90 day hold..with the suspension)-it was 2600 but i had a few returns that i had to deal with even though my account was suspended.

Screen Shot 2016-06-01 at 11.16.50 PM.png

so in about 45 days i have managed to make roughly $4535 with no marketing or promotion....less than a hour of work a day
(2 weeks amazon [before suspension]...one month ebay)

Still no sales via new amazon account(items not listed still) or Facebook and shopify...(of course that requires some advertising/traffic)

It feels good seeing all the pieces to the puzzle line up... even when one piece has a defect and you have to modify it a little to fit... :asshat:
Embrace the roadblocks as learning lessons and keep pushing! :hurray:

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Thanks for the update! I'm excited to watch this grow for you.

On the other side of the Atlantic, there's a place in Spain (Marbella) and there, too, you find all the lambos, yachts, etc. A rich man's playground to say the least. Very inspiring.

I think it's important to take vacations to these areas every once in a while. It keeps the fire under your a$$ burning.

Robert Taylor I

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 31, 2016
America's Hat
Monday post - may 30th

So to end my first month on ebay i did reach my $2,000 goal ..with my smaller products taking up the slack for my big one that was removed last week...and the $2500 i made on amazon in two weeks pays out this month (90 day hold..with the suspension)-it was 2600 but i had a few returns that i had to deal with even though my account was suspended.

View attachment 12524

so in about 45 days i have managed to make roughly $4535 with no marketing or promotion....less than a hour of work a day
(2 weeks amazon [before suspension]...one month ebay)

Still no sales via new amazon account(items not listed still) or Facebook and shopify...(of course that requires some advertising/traffic)

It feels good seeing all the pieces to the puzzle line up... even when one piece has a defect and you have to modify it a little to fit... :asshat:
Embrace the roadblocks as learning lessons and keep pushing! :hurray:

I am amazed by the quality of your product choice. That much sales traffic with no marketing is very impressive. I'm about to begin on a product that will need a deal of marketing as I'm breaking into a niche, but I applaud you for what you've done here.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Woohoo keep it up! I hope I can say I'm doing good like that after my first couple months as well. You will get far!

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
Thanks for the update! I'm excited to watch this grow for you.

On the other side of the Atlantic, there's a place in Spain (Marbella) and there, too, you find all the lambos, yachts, etc. A rich man's playground to say the least. Very inspiring.

I think it's important to take vacations to these areas every once in a while. It keeps the fire under your a$$ burning.

I couldn´t agree more, I´m from Madrid and I go to Marbella every once in a while
Very inspiring place

bibbler

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 4, 2016
Wow pretty intense journey haha.. in regards to your Amazon sales from the beginning prior to getting banned do you mind sharing how much actual profit you were making or what your Cost of goods were?

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
I couldn´t agree more, I´m from Madrid and I go to Marbella every once in a while
Very inspiring place

I've been to Spain many times - it's a country I love. My grand plan is to move over there within the next few years (most likely around the Costa Del Sol / Southern region). Already learning the language.

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
I've been to Spain many times - it's a country I love. My grand plan is to move over there within the next few years (most likely around the Costa Del Sol / Southern region). Already learning the language.

Love to hear that! Let me know whenever you visit Madrid!

Yung1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2016
Cleveland, Ohio
How does your product get found on Amazon in a flooded market with no marketing? It seems hard to get people to find things that are on the 3rd page and beyond. My product usually shows on the 4th page naturally and does almost nothing without PPC ads.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Reading a couple of articles online about e-comm and i came across this...Mistakes are made best at an early stage...EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE! lol

Small and slow is the best way to get your feet wet. If you're going to make any mistakes its best to make them at an early stage so you don't end up losing money or blemishing your vital feedback rating. We call it the magic 100 as if you have more than 100 positive feedback you get more credibility from potential bidders and ultimately more money.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Wow pretty intense journey haha.. in regards to your Amazon sales from the beginning prior to getting banned do you mind sharing how much actual profit you were making or what your Cost of goods were?

I knew this was coming...

On the trip I found something that is sold in the states but not this "edition" so i bought a bunch of it.(dirt cheap)
On this product it was 24 bucks outside of the US but sold for $108-$115ish because for some reason...they dont sell this edition in the US so its rare..

The other products from Alibaba cost around anywhere from $1.20 to $7 after shipping+import taxes and sold from $15 to $40 .. i know some Brands selling my $7 product for $50-$80 but since ive been to lazy to brand mine and been selling as unbranded mine is a lot cheaper..i think that is really why im able to sell so many..

GeorgiaHustle

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 4, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Ending week two- $950 ...I shipped using USPS on a few items which came directly out of my paypal account.(from TX to Puerto Rico)
View attachment 12392
Ok im learning ebay still so this is where most of my time is being spent... hopefully this week i will get my amazon listings back up and running. I did get a bunch of UPCs so I can create my own listings this time.

I now have 4 listings on ebay
1. Big hitter - most of my sales come from
2. New product - sold 1 ..less than 7 views
3. Different variation of the above product - sold 1...less than 6 views
4. Big name product...not getting any views on this for some reason..going to look into changing the title.

GOAL this week...week 3 - 5/16/16
-(same goal as last week) Get amazon listings running
-reach around $1500 in paypal.
-add my other products
-get more traffic\sales to my other other products

Keep Up The Progress Bro !

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I love this story too , it seems like you're a natural at sales you got me motivated

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
How does your product get found on Amazon in a flooded market with no marketing? It seems hard to get people to find things that are on the 3rd page and beyond. My product usually shows on the 4th page naturally and does almost nothing without PPC ads.
@Yung1

Amazon...piggybacking other people listing..i didnt get upcs untill after i was suspended and had to make a new account..
Now how do you get to the first page is what you need to be looking for...im not 100% sure but i could of swore someone said they were selling for super cheap to build rank and positive feedback to get to the top...then increased the prices... i think it was @biophase

ebay...just copy the first persons title and it puts your right there with them lol..

P3HSB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 27, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
@sWALK90 great progress thread so far. I have a quick question. Did you open an actual business checking account or are you just using a separate personal checking account? Is there any branch you can recommend?

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.