The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E.COM-Quit Procrastinating and start executing ...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
@sWALK90 great progress thread so far. I have a quick question. Did you open an actual business checking account or are you just using a separate personal checking account? Is there any branch you can recommend?

i spent a few days on this ,and ended up with wells fargo...business checking and savings...i put money in there and never even used it lol, but i plan to soon.... dont waste to much time on the small things... you can always go back and change this.. @P3HSB

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Started my own Shopify store on the 12th as well. I'll find it most interesting to see the results from your FB advertising.

Dougema

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jan 21, 2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
@sWALK90 Congrats on your journey man, not only that but your writing skills! You got lots of people hooked up on your story, including myself! Thank you for sharing.

Just so I don't make the same mistake, @biophase would you say there is any other way to test a product if not looking at competitors or buying a few samples and trying it out? Just in case it turns out not to be worth it and then I'm stuck with inventory.

Thank you

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Just so I don't make the same mistake, @biophase would you say there is any other way to test a product if not looking at competitors or buying a few samples and trying it out? Just in case it turns out not to be worth it and then I'm stuck with inventory.

Thank you

My philosophy is that you should know if your product is needed before you order. How do you know? Because it's already being bought, but it has flaws that you have improved to make it better than the others and that you are priced competitively or the same.

If you aren't sure that your improvements are actual improvements, then you need to reevaluate your product.

For example:

You created an Iphone that holds 900GB instead of 64GB and it's the same price. Do you need to test this first? Probably not. It's a no-brainer win. I'd order 1000 units to start.

You created an Iphone that is the same as everyone elses but yours is brown in color and costs $25 more. Do you need to test this first? Yes, you don't know if people want a brown Iphone. Probably shouldn't just start with a 1000 unit order.

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Quick questions for anyone selling on amazon....

- Do you always have to brand it? Can I sell say.. a bottle of nailpolish remover, with no label on it in a generic bottle? I'm looking on Ali Express and a lot of these products have their own label already.. Am I able to resell those?

-For shipping, what is the cheapest method to use in Canada? FDA? Or is there something that I can start with myself that can ship to whoever at a decent shipping price. Also, how do you know how much shipping will cost for each person?

Thanks !

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Quick questions for anyone selling on amazon....

- Do you always have to brand it? Can I sell say.. a bottle of nailpolish remover, with no label on it in a generic bottle? I'm looking on Ali Express and a lot of these products have their own label already.. Am I able to resell those?

-For shipping, what is the cheapest method to use in Canada? FDA? Or is there something that I can start with myself that can ship to whoever at a decent shipping price. Also, how do you know how much shipping will cost for each person?

Thanks !

You dont have to but ,a branded product normally sells more than a unbranded product...

If you resell a product with a label you may risk using a another users stuff which can they can have removed at any time or you may have legal troubles...

Castillo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Mar 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC
You dont have to but ,a branded product normally sells more than a unbranded product...

If you resell a product with a label you may risk using a another users stuff which can they can have removed at any time or you may have legal troubles...
So you should probably find something generic then purchase it, relabel and sell?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Sunday night- still no sales but i am starting to see traffic..

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 9.39.44 PM.png

Looks like ive had 17 visitors today... 2 added items to cart and 1 went to checkout but they didnt buy ..im assuming because my shipping was set high and it jacked the price up there. I have now switched to free shipping and emailed the user to buy with free shipping now...

Instagram is now at 723 followers..im expecting 800 by the end of the night.

This has def been a journey ...eBay is making maybe 50 a week now ..i haven't been focused on it really..

Still no paid ads or shout-outs ...but i have been lining them up and getting prices for them..

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
Yes I did and the tracking said it would be here Friday ,or Monday so lets just hope it comes through lol...
Cant you put a limit on the amount of items you have in stock , and once they are sold you cant sell till u have them restocked ?

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 11.14.17 PM.png

My first sale on shopify!! Whoohoo..... 9999999999999 more to go...

ive had 3 abandoned carts also ;( ..going to use email feature to figure out why they didn't buy

all off instagram..."link in bio" post

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
View attachment 12660

My first sale on shopify!! Whoohoo..... 9999999999999 more to go...

ive had 3 abandoned carts also ;( ..going to use email feature to figure out why they didn't buy

all off instagram..."link in bio" post

Congrats, bro! Instagram (and most other visual social platforms) is something I see a lot of potential in with physical goods.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Yea once you learn how to take the right pictures it starts to attract a audience

100%.

Even I've been drawn to products via IG posts. One was a neat-looking wristband and the other was a unique iPhone skin - that reminds me, I need to order the matte black and red version... :embarrased:

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Alright ...visitors growing by day... looks like 40-50 hits a day is landing one sale
- i did a instagram shoutout for 30 bucks on a page that has 90k followers and its still up. (511 likes\25 comments... followed them all)
upload_2016-6-30_13-13-27.png

I woke up this morning to another sale in the UK, took me a while to figure out the shipping stuff but i figured it out...Good thing i added a international fee because free shiping there would of cost me.
(To those starting out and planning on running internationally ...you might want to read a few articles on tarrifs and stuff.

Traffic report:
upload_2016-6-30_13-59-31.png

Added to cart is also going up ..purchases just at 2

upload_2016-6-30_13-20-14.png

Maybe those people bookmarked the site and coming back to purchase later? idk..i hope so lol...

Tomorrow is Friday and the first of the month which is normally payday... i will turn on instagram and facebook ads on tonight and run a sale for 4th of july weekend. (i still dont know what im doing on there but hey its worth a shot.)

Also its the middle of the year 2016...and since i started i have learned a lot by just getting out there and doing stuff instead of just thinking about it..

Quit procrastinating!

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
First $100+ in one day via shopify..if you count this and ebay im well over it but im focusing on the site for right now...still 7 more hours.... may reach 150-200 :hurray: still no type of fb/google ads sets but i plan on doing that today
Screen Shot 2016-07-09 at 5.20.26 PM.png

Last edited:

PTP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
766%
Dec 28, 2015
DFW, TX
Hey man nice progress so far!

Quick question. For your instagram page do you only post pictures of your own products? Or do you repost stuff related to your niche?

Steve B

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 8, 2016
UK
Hey nice thread, very interesting, been a good read with lots of ups and downs.

Do you use any tools for your researching your target demographics and then your products?

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX

Do you use any tools for your researching your target demographics and then your products?

Nope, anyone can use it,just have to get it in front of them..to see do they want it

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX

the tool of Common sense lol....
some people spend so much time validating that they aren't actually learning who wants their product..

If you see a similar product ..look at the person with it ...goto pages that user might visit..get a shoutout...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.