The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dummy Guide To VALUE: Craft Million Dollar Offers And Great Relationships (Alex Hormozi: The 100 Million Dollar Man)

Marketing, social media, advertising

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Apologies for the needless back and forth. I'm going to change my mind where necessary and explain my thoughts where necessary because that's probably the source of the confusion.

I've gone over my thoughts when I wrote that section months ago, and I'm going to elaborate on it.

"Pain is an indicator of damage to your physical or mental being.

The brain works by connecting ideas to each other. When you think of an idea (Which is a noun), the brain brings up related ideas (nouns). The brain always conjures nouns in the form of mental images. We know this to be incorrect, especially since we see the world as a video of sorts (For visual based people), but others might not. Rather it should say, "The brain CAN conjure nouns in the form of mental images."

We can conceptualize nouns as static images, and note that (most) verbs are associated with a change in an image (a noun) over time. I dare say, it’s how humans comprehend the world. This is where the confusion probably came in. What I meant here is, "if we conceptualise nouns as static images, you'll notice that most verbs are associated with a change in the image (noun) over time before the verb occurred. I dare say, nouns are the elements of our world, and the interactions between them (verbs) is how we understand the world."

Actions are therefore, just noun to verb to noun activity for example. Ok, gotta stop myself here. Going back months before I refined my thought process on this, this is how I thought of these "Actions".
Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 8.39.40 PM.png
A (Noun) works on (Verb) B (Noun).
OR
A (Noun) Rolls to (Verb) B (Noun).

Here, you can even think of it as A (Noun) Rolls to (Verb) B (Target Noun).

Let's take A and B as two balls. A has been moving to B but it hasn't done anything to it yet. The split second before it hits B (and thus changes its state) and before that is what I call the "Action" here. Note nothing has really happened to B, and A just moves to B.

Action: Noun to verb to noun activity. (These actions realize the reaction. No realization = unreachable reaction). I remember you giving the example, "I eat apple". There, I would say you moving or changing state is the action and the split second before you "eat" the apple is still part of the action. Regardless of if this is wrong or not, which it might, just wanted to lay my understanding bare.

Reaction: Noun to verb activity OR Noun to verb to noun activity (Validate the action. No validation = Action is useless). Corrections. Immediately after ball B changes state due to A's action and beyond is what I'd call the Reaction/outcome.

B(Noun) rolls away (verb)
OR
B(Noun) rolls away (verb) from A(Noun)

The reaction, is what happens immediately after that verb occurs.

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 8.47.27 PM.png
In your, "I eat apple" example,

(Noun) Apple (Verb) deforms is the outcome I see.

"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MaciekWado

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 6, 2019
Apologies for the needless back and forth. I'm going to change my mind where necessary and explain my thoughts where necessary because that's probably the source of the confusion.

I've gone over my thoughts when I wrote that section months ago, and I'm going to elaborate on it.

"Pain is an indicator of damage to your physical or mental being.

The brain works by connecting ideas to each other. When you think of an idea (Which is a noun), the brain brings up related ideas (nouns). The brain always conjures nouns in the form of mental images. We know this to be incorrect, especially since we see the world as a video of sorts (For visual based people), but others might not. Rather it should say, "The brain CAN conjure nouns in the form of mental images."

We can conceptualize nouns as static images, and note that (most) verbs are associated with a change in an image (a noun) over time. I dare say, it’s how humans comprehend the world. This is where the confusion probably came in. What I meant here is, "if we conceptualise nouns as static images, you'll notice that most verbs are associated with a change in the image (noun) over time before the verb occurred. I dare say, nouns are the elements of our world, and the interactions between them (verbs) is how we understand the world."

Actions are therefore, just noun to verb to noun activity for example. Ok, gotta stop myself here. Going back months before I refined my thought process on this, this is how I thought of these "Actions".
View attachment 41743
A (Noun) works on (Verb) B (Noun).
OR
A (Noun) Rolls to (Verb) B (Noun).

Here, you can even think of it as A (Noun) Rolls to (Verb) B (Target Noun).

Let's take A and B as two balls. A has been moving to B but it hasn't done anything to it yet. The split second before it hits B (and thus changes its state) and before that is what I call the "Action" here. Note nothing has really happened to B, and A just moves to B.

Action: Noun to verb to noun activity. (These actions realize the reaction. No realization = unreachable reaction). I remember you giving the example, "I eat apple". There, I would say you moving or changing state is the action and the split second before you "eat" the apple is still part of the action. Regardless of if this is wrong or not, which it might, just wanted to lay my understanding bare.

Reaction: Noun to verb activity OR Noun to verb to noun activity (Validate the action. No validation = Action is useless). Corrections. Immediately after ball B changes state due to A's action and beyond is what I'd call the Reaction/outcome.

B(Noun) rolls away (verb)
OR
B(Noun) rolls away (verb) from A(Noun)

The reaction, is what happens immediately after that verb occurs.

View attachment 41744
In your, "I eat apple" example,

(Noun) Apple (Verb) deforms is the outcome I see.

"

Thanks, Edgar. It starts to be clearer.

First, I wanna point it clear(should do that at the beginning)

My comments are not designed to discredit you and make me feel better.

I think you did a great job. Put a lot of work into it.

So I don't really care if you call something reaction even if it is not the correct form of semantics(many people do that). But until it doesn't cause errors in your overall thinking, it doesn't really matter.

I needed to clarify this only for me to build understanding.

But I must insist and be boring about static image thing.

This potentially, if you build understanding based on this, can cause you a lot of trouble. If you have a static image in your mind building some marketing strategies, you could sometimes shoot yourself in the foot, not in obvious ones, but in some that don't look obvious.

Take, for example, your last measure.

" to make more money means an increase in status in society."

It is true, but if you follow the static image of money, you will be dealing with this absolute.

Taking money fitting it only to LT-8, apply, execute.

For me, money is not a target for greater status, ok, maybe to some extent, but it wouldn't be my sole motivation to put in around 90h a week to be better.

I want more money, to be free of fear.

To have good healthy food, to have more time(buying services) with my wife.

For good medical care.

When I (and other people) see money as noon, they see the entire promo movie what you can do with them.

Most importantly. It's not me(a random guy) telling you this. Science is.

See it as you fit either static fluid, but do not forget fluidity building your campaigns.

For a better mental model, fit your noun to a verb to noun thing.

I would use the MJ analogy with a car. Think of a noun as your car applying the verb is changing the trajectory of this car.

But like I said, do it in the best way for you.

Now I went through all(almost) in your article.

It would be great to remember creating different graphic aids to describe them better.

For example in:

"(Above figure) All humans act to fix faults, gain, or be above others in their social group or society (Problems → Solutions) to be happy."

I bet that everyone draws different conclusions and interpretations looking at it(many times, I witness it with my peers when we discussed the same statistical graph having different conclusions)

If you could add some legend or short paragraph describing it, it would increase its readability of it greatly.

It all suddenly changed.

When you went to Alex's Section.

Here everything is crystal clear, and I cannot find a single thing unclear.

Maybe you did it on a different day, but the difference is enormous

GOOD WORK.

MY LAST QUESTION(important probably only to me).

I cannot express how grateful I will be if you could address that.

Can you please elaborate on what in your head is meaning of "skewing" in this context?(I'm on my journey to improve my English within one year)

"Skewing this reaction on the LF-8 desires, shows I now have more money/richer(Quality/adjective) after reaction (offer), and therefore that's valuable to me. Also because it's skewing positively based on the LF-8 desires."

I even ask my tutor and a few other people but no one was able to draw understanding from this usage(So again I would like to ask about your thinking process).

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
I needed to clarify this only for me to build understanding.
No problemo man. I know you just want to understand, I'm for it!
But I must insist and be boring about static image thing.

This potentially, if you build understanding based on this, can cause you a lot of trouble. If you have a static image in your mind building some marketing strategies, you could sometimes shoot yourself in the foot, not in obvious ones, but in some that don't look obvious.
I just use that method for simplification. Just to make sure I know my copy or my offer is actually helping people out. Because I feel, if I don't understand the gain someone is getting even with a simple 2 dimensional drawing, they might not be getting something at all.
It is true, but if you follow the static image of money, you will be dealing with this absolute.

Taking money fitting it only to LT-8, apply, execute.

For me, money is not a target for greater status, ok, maybe to some extent, but it wouldn't be my sole motivation to put in around 90h a week to be better.

I want more money, to be free of fear.

To have good healthy food, to have more time(buying services) with my wife.

For good medical care.

When I (and other people) see money as noon, they see the entire promo movie what you can do with them.
Two things I want to point out that I'm getting from here.
1) The static image model does not work since it deals in absolutes
2) Superiority is not your sole reason to work in a business

For 1)... What does absolutes mean? And what's wrong with dealing in absolutes? I can represent almost everything in a 2d drawing to make sure I'm providing value. I would say it still works here, and I'll show below with an example (Since I have a feel for what you mean here).

2) I agree. And it's not for me either.

Money will give you specifically...

Higher status in society (Superiority)
Free of fear and pain (Escape pain)
Good healthy food (Enjoy meals)
Have more time with my wife (Loved ones)

This is what you want. Note these desires are part of the LF-8.

See below in bold and even in my first post in the thread...
"

1. Higher quality of life (Health) [Survive, Mental health, Physical health, Enjoy Meals, Escape Pain, Intimacy [E.G. Close Friendships], Comfort, Observe Ourselves/Experiences/Qualities/Likes/Ideals Out There In the world]

2. Higher relative standing/position/regard in observable social or professional society (Wealth, Relationships) [Superiority - Having or being more than your fellow man(s) in terms of things the social group (Inter-related- Interactions, Similar, Goal(s) Align) or society inherently knows as rare non-harmful things. [Relative social or professional position (Having or being more than your fellow man(s)) in the social group (Inter-related- Interactions, Similar, Goal(s) Align) or society based on Achieved (A thing/reward or position given as respect, praise or recognition of a person's skills, abilities, service, effort, or achievement) or Ascribed status (Better, greater, or otherwise different from the usual things people are born with in society or the social group)], or even explaining how it’s superior etc. Beauty is therefore a part of this, Winning, Being left behind, Loved Ones, Approval]. Especially to people of high value (People who cause(d) increases in 1 and 2) to you."
So we've established that you want money for several reasons. Status being one of them. Note I never said status would be the sole reason for you wanting money.

Now let's circle back to 1). We're going to extend the action to reaction model to include your's and my example as well.

Screenshot 2022-01-24 at 12.20.17 PM.png

Remember that ball/ pool table model? Yeah we're bringing it back again! Think of this as a pool table.

Here's what using the ball static model or pool table model would mean when we break down yours and my example....

A: Honest persuasion
B: More sales
C: More money
D: Higher status in society (H)
E: Free of fear and pain (I)
F: Good healthy food (J)
G: Have more time with my wife (K)

Think of these as the corner pockets in a pool table. Scoring them means value has been created. And scoring them in a way that has a positive effect on the person, is what I mean by "skewing" on the LF-8 positively.

H: Superiority
I: Escape pain
J: Enjoy meals
K: Loved ones

And Just like the previous example I showed you, we can represent each of these as actions and reactions. And where a reaction becomes the action of the next round.

(Noun + verb + noun activity)
A: Honest persuasion (I use offer)
B: More sales (I sell more)
C: More money (I earn more money)
D: Higher status in society (I gain more status) (H- I become superior)
E: Free of fear and pain (I avoid more pain) (I)
F: Good healthy food (I eat healthy food) (J)
G: Have more time with my wife (I get more time with my wife) (K)

H: Superiority
I: Escape pain
J: Enjoy meals
K: Loved ones

Looks like it works to me :D (If absolute meant a constraint of some kind)

Again, this is just a model to simplify providing value.
Now I went through all(almost) in your article.

It would be great to remember creating different graphic aids to describe them better.
Alright, I'm going to explain/describe better what each graphic means and I'll start with the Mario one.

But let me start by saying

Pain is an indicator of perceived damage to your physical, emotional, social, and mental being. It's the thing that splits our current reality (inferno) from the dream reality(heaven) that we want to reach. The size of this damage is the size of the pain.

Anything that causes damage to one of these 4 states of yours is termed as a “problem”.

The bigger the pain, the bigger your expression of sadness (Desperation, disappointment), fear (Worry, spook), disgust, or anger (Complaints, Whining, Annoyance, Frustration etc) or a mix of them. These are accompanied by increased brain or physical energy (medium to high effort areas).

Big pains solved = big business.

Small pains solved = small business.

No pain solved = No business.

Listen to your pains and others pains others have with products or services and solve these pains, and you will build a fastlane business.

What activity do you or someone else does that...
has (Very) low probability of success
Could have a (lot) better results
Hurts to do
Takes too long to achieve

Any activity that checks this Is a fastlane problem just waiting to be solved.

value defined.jpg
Remember we already said the dream outcome is the place we want to be, the vacation, the point where we are happy. The heaven we want to get to, compared to the inferno we currently are in due to a pain. For example, be a millionaire, be a top notch lawyer, get to Hawaii, work for Google. These are desired "Reactions".

I wanted to create a model to estimate the size of this "dream outcome", because the bigger the dream outcome, the higher we, the business owners, can charge the customers to get them to the dream outcome.

Take for example,
A) Getting a Million dollars
B) Getting a delicious chill dog

Which would you pick if I offered you these two options? Unless you're insane, don't understand the concept of money, or are already rich, EVERYONE would take option A!

Why? because option A is more desirable. But why is option A more desirable?

How can we measure the "valuableness" of an outcome? The quality of this heaven in other words?

After thinking about it, I stumbled upon a formula that measured the "valuableness"/size of the dream outcome as =

(Perceived Total Time X Effort spent enduring and trying to reach dream outcome) / probability of success in achieving the dream outcome

The probability of success in achieving the dream outcome decreases as perceived total time X effort spent enduring or trying to reach the dream outcome increases.

The probability of success in achieving the dream outcome increases as perceived total time X effort spent enduring or trying to reach the dream outcome decreases.

Where Time: is the length of time spent before reaching the dream outcome.

And where effort: is the mental or physical energy spent trying to reach the dream outcome.

Now effort, has 3 levels. If I tell you to walk for 1 minute, you'll be alright. If I tell you to jog for 1 minute, that takes a little more out of you. And I tell you to run like your life depended on it for 1 minute, you'd be out of breath and on the floor depending on who you are. Same time, but different efforts.

Likewise, the same can be said for mental energy usage or "thinking". Take for instance, surfing social media for 1 minute. If we compare it to the previous exercise example, that would be like walking. Involuntary, and it doesn't cost anything at all to do basically. If I then, you were in a meeting with a colleague to discuss a project for 1 minute, that's like "jogging" for your brain and mind. You've got to be a little more attentive to what they're saying so your brain uses more energy for it. But, if I told you, you have a homework due in an hour you forgot to do, your brain goes into hyperdrive! You're stressed. "Oh no it's due in 1 hour! I've got to finish this as soon as possible!" And then you write like the wind. In that case, your brain is exerting more mental energy than the previous two levels.

This is how maximise providing value. Because high effort X high time activities are high value. Take coding for example, I've heard some senior software engineers can make $1000/hr in some companies, but why? Well, they're providing a service that takes a long time to perform (When coding the bugs and debugging process can take a long time) and a high effort to do ("ARGHH, why's this bug in my code, why is this happening to me?!"). This is also why skilled labour is so desired, and why people like (good) copywriters can charge high rates for example. It takes the average human, a lot of time and effort to get to the dream outcome (selling with your writing), so they outsource these tasks to people who have specialised in doing just that.

Side note: Learning/Doing new activities naturally takes a high effort to achieve. Think back to when you had to learn the alphabet, pretty hard to do right? But now, you do it without batting an eye? At that time, it was a new activity, but the more you did it, the better you got at it, and the easier it became. Thus, helping others with new activities to get to the dream outcome, is valuable.

These areas of effort are called, "steps". They are the obstacles that need to be resolved to get to the dream outcome. Whenever you exert energy to reach an outcome, you are on a step.

Unto the next icon.

aaa-3.png
The above icon is my attempt at explaining the cause of all human actions. There are 3 columns and I shall do my best to explain each.

Remember what we discussed about pain? Well, pain is caused by something, causes us to do something about it, and by doing that thing successfully, gets that pain eliminated.

Basically,

Bad action = Problem on Noun (Us, the human) Which leads to...
Good action (Caused by us) = Solution on Noun (Us the human)

For example,
Bad action: Cold(Noun) seeps (verb) in through the window (noun)
(Reaction) Problem on noun: I (noun) get (verb) cold (verb)
(Action) Good action: I(noun) shut (verb) the windows (verb)
(Reaction) Solution on noun: I (noun) become warm (verb)

1st column: The normal case, the happy case, the happy state. Here you're happy and need nothing. You've not encountered the problem yet.
2nd column: The reaction phase. Here, a bad action happened to you, showing you've lost something, could gain more, or be above your peer(s) but aren't. Thus you act to resolve it this bad action with another action which uses your mental and/or physical energy.

3rd column: Eventually you reach the normal case (happy case) again. Where the problem has been resolved with good action. The cycle repeats for every bad action.

Happy Case > Bad Action > Dream Outcome > Good Action > Happy Case (Dream Outcome Achieved)

The wider the difference between the heaven (3rd column, happy case) and inferno (2nd column, reaction case), the bigger the problem. And the bigger the pain.

To act to gain, is called gain correction.

To act to prevent or resolve a loss, is fault correction.

To act to be above your peer(s), is a superiority correction.
MY LAST QUESTION(important probably only to me).

I cannot express how grateful I will be if you could address that.

Can you please elaborate on what in your head is meaning of "skewing" in this context?(I'm on my journey to improve my English within one year)
Apologies, forget I said skewing.

What this means is if the noun before and after the action and reaction have occurred are different positively, that is, when I(the noun) have changed positively based on the LF-8 (E.G. I am more superior, or I enjoyed a delicious meal), we say value has been created.

For example, the me before applying the honest persuasion techniques, is poorer than the me after applying the honest persuasion. I got richer, that's value.

Hope this clears up the confusions.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Holy Shit, I will read it again! Thanks a lot!

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
Value
Just wanted to share this visual guide (though crude) of value.

3_bAOlsE5NE4mkQ2PkHdZAx5IvhVzGvS3bPYTZFL5PfLEXNqbmxKYdSMcjiye-dxgyagS-ko5-rwuA_fDVmXAjcO-I633GhCZA_CLkjt9KD87eJH-TKMhzEnGzlHPlgMSSoE1AFL
h6dqaY8bMzoGUovFKLb3Ec69Sm4ti8EMnJtpsP-YDbX-5VqibE9OSJlfKQ3GF-6U8ogWTrPRpuHPN5R0-8bK-TyOm8LEKrM0rPaCXb9W-Gn1KIWS4xp9aWtWJEcxMkaB6BP8SkcA
ttCPXRiqkOLhLAAor-iGJrANqtVKwI6fXMWPe_QvXaUdjXfmZF_invtt5BOw3Y18OkI-8csCgYIXZFF7Q5FQXt-FiWYzy8RCsMHoKegIfOilw-3rFGtP6fj2gUurpHEzzb4s3EGS
bq-O8k6iCEVhtEeXUNWrD6LocEzJJphkIDH5PZbLpMWFQysSNpLiFAXbsEb5Sp9RjUGFe7-xNhqNhDnHE4bOx8oJJLsoA3xMfQ1qxXKqCBEhzf5cf94JIE9tOkwm0MumCoBafiSo

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
What is "Ooga Boogaloos" ?
It's a bit like a play on ape man speak to make an emphasise on why people do things at all, why people act on a fundamental level (Or at least make an effort to capture why they do).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.