The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dream Car Talk

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
22591195236_e9bd2487fe_o-960x640.jpg

The GTR has always had my heart... even though it's starting to look a little long in the tooth. I've just always loved what the Japanese engineers cranked out of a hand-assembled, twin-turbo'd V6. Godzilla forced the hand of the exotics into all wheel drive to even hold a candle to it's performance & the entire automotive world has benefited. It's understated enough that it doesn't draw attention in traffic but well endowed enough that if I want to drive like an a**hole, it doesn't disappoint.

I just don't think I'll be able to get it down the dirt road to my house.... *sigh

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Someone that can drive a half a million dollar exotic car daily is a special kind of person. I know it would sit in the garage and I would end up driving the SUV. So even though I love the look of the these beautiful automobiles, I'll just take the shortcut and get a nice SUV. I don't want the attention.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
That's something I'd love to be able to do. Besides, learning in your own plane saves $100/HR in rental costs, so you know, cost effective.
He was trying to tell me how cost effective it was. Made me smile.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Not a damn thing about flying GA (general aviation) is cost effective!

But a Cessna 172 for $50,000. Get monthly payments of around $600/mo.

Complete your PPL in 3 months. You save ~50 hours x $100-120/hr in aircraft rental. That's $5000 on low estimate. That minus your $1,200 + ~$200/mo ish insurance. That's $3,400 in savings.

Throw in your instrument rating that's even more savings.

Either keep the plane and still save on rental time if you plan on doing at least 2 hours per week in flying.

Or sell the plane for close to what you paid for it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Worse than a yacht? I thought the yacht was the kind of all money pits.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
This bad boy right here. I was so close to having the Mrs on board to let me build one a couple months ago, too. Once our kid started crawling, the reality of that caused her to change her mind.

The crazy thing is, I've realized that my ideal lifestyle is basically that of a hobo with health insurance.

Plenty of families documenting their nomad/travel lifestyle on instagram and blogs. I follow a couple. If you guys want to do it, it can be done.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I have 3 dream cars:

jeep.jpg

Got this one already ^^^^. Mine looks a lot like this one, except it's a soft top, and it's usually covered in mud haha.

test.jpg

I had a plastic Testarossa ^^^ as a kid. I've ALWAYS wanted a real one.

488.jpg

My ultimate dream car ^^^: 488 Spider Convertible.

Oh yeah...

Millenial_Kid5K1

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Feb 14, 2017
Atlanta
My dream car's been a McLaren since I was a pre-teen and played Need for Speed on playstation.IMG_0104.JPG
I'm not sure how I feel about the newer 720S without the black accent(did that serve a functional purpose does anyone know? It looked like an intake of some sort)

Last edited:

qaerst

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 13, 2017
Antarctica
It's freedom for me. Material objects fall further down the list and stem from freedom anyhow.

When you're free and have your health, you can buy the car you dreamed of, the house, the toys, etc.

Same.
My biggest fear is being boxed in a shitty life and not being able to do things i want.
Freedom is my nr 1 reason too.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Ceewo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Jul 8, 2016
What happens if you take the best Mercedes-Benz has to offer and make it better, faster even more luxurious and probably a bit crazy and over the top?

Brabus-850-6.0-Biturbo-coupe-201.jpg

brabus-850-60-biturbo-coupe-is-ready-to-roar-in-geneva_20.jpg

BRABUS 850 6.0 Biturbo Coupe
Just crazy, what a beast, lol (and yup, 850 stands for horsepower)

PS: And at the Geneva Motor Show they revealed 900 Rocket, the V12 900hp version of this... bonkers

Last edited:

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France
For me, Abarth 695 Rosso Biposto (i already own a Abarth 500 180hp) but this is something else! (40k euros..)
And a Ferrari 458 Speciale w/ Fi-Exhaust and a DeTomaso Pantera
Unfortunatly, i think in 15 years we would not be able to drive such beautiful cars like theses ones (petrol restrictions & reforms)
ferrari-458-speciale-c742215092016180815_4.jpg
1972_De_Tomaso_Pantera_003_8208.jpg

index.php

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
22591195236_e9bd2487fe_o-960x640.jpg

The GTR has always had my heart... even though it's starting to look a little long in the tooth. I've just always loved what the Japanese engineers cranked out of a hand-assembled, twin-turbo'd V6. Godzilla forced the hand of the exotics into all wheel drive to even hold a candle to it's performance & the entire automotive world has benefited. It's understated enough that it doesn't draw attention in traffic but well endowed enough that if I want to drive like an a**hole, it doesn't disappoint.

I just don't think I'll be able to get it down the dirt road to my house.... *sigh

I have a 2010 R35 that is heavily modified and undergoing some work. This is one of my favorite cars ever. I had an R34, but sold it for the R35 at the time. I probably shouldn't have. I am now sourcing an R32 and the original Hakosuko from the 60's. Not sure when those will happen yet.

As it stands my cocaine is cars. I am heavily opinionated, usually from having owned the car at some point. If anything will ever ruin me financially anymore, cars are it. There. I admitted it.

qaerst

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 13, 2017
Antarctica
Having this to do your groceries :p
maxresdefault.jpg

BTW for the people saying that this is "mental masturbation" and stuff.
I've said in the beginning of the post that people don't ONLY work for a car or material possession i'm aware that everyone wants freedom.
But this is a car / possession thread and we talk about the things you wouldn't mind buying if you'd reach a state of success.

TheSmokey1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Jul 11, 2017
The World
Doesn't need to be a DB11, but Aston Martin it will be that brand of a car I will own, due to what it represents to me.
Nice. I have never thought of AM much, until I walked by a dealership and saw them in person. EVERYONE walking by was stopping and staring. The Vanquish is one sexy beast. I think that their cars look better in person than in pics for some reason.

I have always liked american muscle cars. I drive a Hellcat now, it is my "affordable dream car". If I had the money to spend (without it affecting anything else), I would buy a 488 right now.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I would love to buy a brand new 4x4,crew cab, long bed, diesel truck with cash. That's pretty much my dream ride. Diesel trucks are beginning to be really expensive. A fully loaded truck is going to run you ~85k out the door.
Seriously. New trucks are big bucks compared to just 10 years ago.

I'm being influenced by parenthood, so at the moment a fully loaded Tahoe, paid cash, is all I want.

And Volvo XC90 for the wife.

DSC00588.jpg

2017-Volvo-XC90-front.jpg

The muscle car will come some day when my son and future child are older. I've never cared for a super car. A second generation Charger would make me happier than a clam at high tide.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.