The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doubt, Ambition, and Desperation

Jevaughn M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 15, 2018
Hey Fastlaneners,

I’m a 22 year old photographer and recent college grad. I’ve always been enamored with the idea of being an entrepreneur, even before I ever heard the word.

I made a decent amount of money as a kid selling stuff while throughout grade school (candy, lunches). I even continued doing so during college (the leafy kind of candy).

After reading TMF and being halfway done with UNSCRIPTED ; it’s become painfully clear why I haven’t been very successful after college. My values are skewed towards getting rich for myself while offering minimal value to others, and I’ve chosen a very saturated field (photography) as my primary business vehicle.

Being in the real world has seriously reduced my nerve. Every morning I’m racked with desperate need to leave my shitty job and get out of my constant financial struggle. UNSCRIPTED showed me that these feelings might be getting in the way of taking my time and creating a business that follows the unscripted philosophy correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting through these feelings and reorienting myself for success?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Accept your job and respect it for giving you the ability to manufacture a 'FTE'

Use it as a driving and motivating force to create your own life. I love a quote thats floating around on this forum saying ''Discipline yourself, or the world will do it for you''

Start off with what can you bring to a marketplace. Whether its a product, or service. Something you can make better, cheaper etc etc.

Since you are an expert in photography, are there some pain points you can solve? Like a better tripod, image editing processes or lighting? Maybe you could make a product of your own.

Jevaughn M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 15, 2018
Accept your job and respect it for giving you the ability to manufacture a 'FTE'

Use it as a driving and motivating force to create your own life. I love a quote thats floating around on this forum saying ''Discipline yourself, or the world will do it for you''

Start off with what can you bring to a marketplace. Whether its a product, or service. Something you can make better, cheaper etc etc.

Since you are an expert in photography, are there some pain points you can solve? Like a better tripod, image editing processes or lighting? Maybe you could make a product of your own.
I hadn’t even considered making a product for photographers. That’s definitely worth exploring.

Truthfully, I am grateful for the job since it’s been keeping my head above water. It’s just been very stressful since it’s a busy call center position and I’m a hardcore introvert. Took it because it was the best paying job I could land at the time

I think I’m just impatient with the seemingly endless debt payments that I have to make each month that eat up my paycheck. I’m learning digital Marketing to supplement my income to pay it off faster.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
There are some threads in the gold or notable sections where people have done flipping on craigslist etc to make some extra cash, tons of side hustle threads you can look into if money is tight.

Jevaughn M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 15, 2018
There are some threads in the gold or notable sections where people have done flipping on craigslist etc to make some extra cash, tons of side hustle threads you can look into if money is tight.
Oh man! I checked them out and there was so much info. Really no excuses at this point. Thanks man!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the intro, welcome aboard! Glad the books have helped you see the way.

desperate need to leave my shitty job

It’s just been very stressful since it’s a busy call center position and I’m a hardcore introvert.

Yikes, very painful!

But I guarantee, your experience there will HELP you in the entrepreneurial world.

Jevaughn M

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 15, 2018
Thanks for the intro, welcome aboard! Glad the books have helped you see the way.

Yikes, very painful!

But I guarantee, your experience there will HELP you in the entrepreneurial world.

You have no idea. I particularly found the sections on hyperrealities and the Wall Street scam to be incrediblely enlightening. I was once very proud of my knowledge of personal finance, but it turns out that it was mostly bs, and i feel like I was just being pimped by financial “experts”. At least now I can make the right changes in habits. Honestly can’t thank you enough, but I hope to bring some value to this forum in the future.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.