The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing $75,000 USD Per WEEK (Service Business)

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
I thought about your question for awhile and here is my answer:

1. Initial success is the only success
2. (1) hammer and (1) box of nails

Before my first successful business there were 20-30 "attempts" in various unrelated fields which resulted in $0 revenue earned.

To find your space, focus on swinging your hammer at a box of nails until you hit one nail clean, IE. make a dollar.

Now here is the secret and also the easiest part to mess up, and by mess up I mean in the beginning AND continually over time:

Once you hit any single nail clean IE. any random business you start and try which turns a dollar; throw away the hammer and throw away the box of nails.

I'll give you an example. Let's say you write a program in python and javascript which you sell off to another company for $50k, code is gone and you got $50k.

Naturally your next thought is going to be "I'm a professional developer, just wait Elon, you're going to be working for me soon after i build the next new xyz program to fly to wherever /insert your favorite random planet here". Neither of those statements are true, you are not a professional developer and I can assure you, you are not the next Elon.

Unnaturally but correctly, your next thought should be, "better get to work writing THE EXACT program again I just sold off, this time with added xyz features and functions and connectable via APIs so more people can use it". And even then, xyz features can get you into trouble if they include taking you into unrelated fields like if the original program was for the auto industry and suddenly you decide you're an expert in oil tankers and Nigerian mineral rights..

The point is this, initial success is the only success, find it and then nurture it. Nurture it until... until way past you think you should, its a constant battle, every day your mind wakes up to deceive you and convince you that you're a professional xyz and Elon is going to report to you. Always remember neither of those are true and the second you drink the cool-aid is the second you're going to be searching google for bankruptcy attorneys.

Hope that helps!
Immensely. And right on time too. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sonny_1080

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
every day your mind wakes up to deceive you and convince you that you're a professional xyz and Elon is going to report to you. Always remember neither of those are true and the second you drink the cool-aid is the second you're going to be searching google for bankruptcy attorneys.

Hope that helps!
I've been thinking about your response and I seem to have the opposite problem. Every day my mind wakes up to convince me that today I'm a fraud. Every day is the day that my clients are going to band together, fire me all at once, banish me from the networking group, and then Google is going to suspend my account... oh and the digital marketing industry is going to cornered by the next Rockefeller.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I've been thinking about your response and I seem to have the opposite problem. Every day my mind wakes up to convince me that today I'm a fraud. Every day is the day that my clients are going to band together, fire me all at once, banish me from the networking group, and then Google is going to suspend my account... oh and the digital marketing industry is going to cornered by the next Rockefeller.

Same thing. Your mind is always what you have to strive to control at all times, where your mind wanders is irrelevant and overtime it will wander in all types of random places. You have to understand that today it is those things and in 5 years its other things but it will always be searching for things to wander off worrying about or thinking about, your job is to control that human mental tendency and let go every second of every day.

Don't view the problem as a static issue which relates to a static point in time, rather view it as a dynamic tendency that is pervasive through time; yesterday, today, and going forward until the end of time.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The reason most of you guys are poor is because deep down you don't believe this shit is possible. You don't believe it could happen, not for me and definitely not for yourself. Once you escape this mental prison the sky is the limit.
F*cking exactly.

Stuff like this is why I read this forum.

sonny_1080

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
The reason most of you guys are poor is because deep down you don't believe this shit is possible. You don't believe it could happen, not for me and definitely not for yourself. Once you escape this mental prison the sky is the limit.
How do you escape that mental prison?

guaava23

Ready for the FastLane Living!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Feb 25, 2019
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
How do you escape that mental prison?
You can start by overcoming a small obstacle (ie lose 20 lbs and workout regularly, speak in front of people, or make $100 online) Slowly you will start breaking barriers and the mindset starts opening up and bigger goals become easier to achieve.

Ronnie Bryan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 4, 2015
Oklahoma
Hitting stride now but still growing fast, 2019 should have us averaging 150k a week, right now i am at 75k per week.

I've learned a lot as we have grown, who has questions? Add them below and I'll answer (good questions only).

EDIT: SPECIFIC QUESTIONS RELATED TO YOUR OWN STARTUP OR BUSINESS, NOT RELATED TO MINE.

EDIT EDIT: A few current fun facts for everyone:

1. Current Age: 29
2. Xmas gift to myself: Topre Keyboard
3. Drink of choice: COFFEE x 1,000
4. Current work schedule: Mon - Fri 4am to 5pm and Sat 10am to 6pm
5. Current ride: Your mom
Ok on number 5 but my mom has been dead since 2005 but if you are in that sort of thing I can dig it...if you can dig it man....grab the shovels=)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.