The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone know their IQ?

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
352%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Been diagnosed with ADHD recently and had to take 3 separate IQ tests, and had multiple results.

My lowest score was 116
My median was 129
My highest was 148

They said I might have a problem with the development of the right hemisphere of my brain and that the left brain is overcompensating by having enhanced logical reasoning and better scores in math and critical analysis in English.

I feel like I overthink on simple stuff and get bamboozled by simple shape patterns but when it comes to patterns in math and critical thinking I don't struggle nearly as much.

Not even sure what question I'm trying to ask but maybe someone can sympathize.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
352%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Mine usually varies between 25-30 on a good day. My ex says I'm as dumb as a rock and I tend to agree with her since I was with her in the first place. :jawdrop:

Need forum on how to get gf, will upvote plz.

D

Deleted50669

unless you've had a proctored IQ exam, the results are meaningless (which would explain the broad variance in your results, assuming you aren't bullshitting). A 116 is a standard deviation above average, whereas Einstein clocked in around 150 or so. So uh, you're one or the other regardless of an ADHD diagnosis.

That being said, anyone with average intelligence can become a millionaire - it's not rocket science. I would argue it's sometimes harder for folks with high IQs because they over-process simple things. If there was a standard test for grit that would probably be a better predictor of success.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've measured my IQ and it's high up there, but doesn't mean shit. IQ measures your ability to learn. If you don't learn, or do, doesn't mean anything.

Intelligence has a surprisingly low correlation to success.

Hardwork has a really strong correlation.

My point: You're smart, but don't be proud of your IQ. Use it as a tool and work hard.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
You should join Mensa, I think you only need 2 more points (150 to get in).

Last I checked (when I was like 13-14) it was 114. I'd guess its a bit higher now, by how much, me no know.

Welp

P.s hard work won't make you rich. Just ask all the hard working people putting 50-80 hours 5, 6 or 7 days each week ... but are still in the working poor class.

You need to leverage your time and massively increase your hourly productivity (through a system which you control) in order to get rich. That's what M.J's whole book is about.

Last edited:

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
352%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
I've measured my IQ and it's high up there, but doesn't mean sh*t. IQ measures your ability to learn. If you don't learn, or do, doesn't mean anything.

Intelligence has a surprisingly low correlation to success.

Hardwork has a really strong correlation.

My point: You're smart, but don't be proud of your IQ. Use it as a tool and work hard.

Good to hear from you, I agree. I've been seriously struggling with my ability to focus at my job and that's when all this happened, not entirely sure where I'm going with these questions but I'm glad it can't have a negative affect.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I believe tests are nice to measure, but the huge issue we have in society, there's a cause and effect on someone's success or failure by what is suggested by belief. If I gave you the same test, interpreted it differently, and stated hey you will be super successful, you would go execute in a positive way.

If I told you, I just don't believe you will get anywhere in life, of course you will take that information, start being negative about life, and perhaps not choose positive solutions.

When it comes to real life you probably spend how much time in life with this interpreter, and how many hours of your whole life with this person. Than you base the bigger vision on what this one person said.
Take the information, evaluate it, acknowledge it, but understand it really doesn't define your life, or the outcome of your life.

J.Sark

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Jan 21, 2017
Spain
I wouldn't even entertain the idea of IQ, as it might create false assumptions for your life and waste time / effort.

I'm too smart, I'm going to succeed / I'm not smart enough, I'm never going to suceed.

How is this helpful?

Success will be determined by hard work and adaptation mostly. IQ is just a number, determined by some tests created by someone to standarize what, logical reasoning?

Mental masturbation in my opinion, although if having a high IQ boosts your confidence and helps you work harder, use it as fuel to achieve your goals.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I don't put much faith in tests anymore because I understand another human designed the test, if you look at the tests given back in time and the one's now, you always find how they throw out some stuff, adapt it, adjust, and create better systems to measure. Fortunately, it's not an exact science like the medical industry when it comes to the physical body. Anything to do with intelligence, thought, emotions is all subjective to interpretation, the person's experience, and how do you measure all the people in the world on intelligence, on thoughts, beliefs, concepts, and theories at the same time. While the Internet and technology may be starting to capture a portion of this, I believe some of the old tests and systems will be thrown out eventually.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Don't know. Don't care.

It's probably between 85 and 115 though. Not super stupid, but not super smart either.

I wouldn't put too much faith in an IQ test, but at least you scored high on it. It can't hurt.

Thetaker24

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jun 27, 2016
For me it's diffrent. a friend of mine has 145, and i know everything better then he does.
But if i take the test i do it alot less then he does. maybe i dont take the test seriously like everyone should.

Some people are good with the hands some or good with the brains. IQ test is nothing, most of it is bullshit.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Like any other measure of “smarts” it’s subjective and was created to make people feel superior to others.

Who is the smarter person, the one with an IQ of 150 who lives paycheck to paycheck or the one with an IQ of 100 that just sold his business for $10,000,000?

Look up Christopher Langan. If you aren’t familiar he has reported IQ around 200 but by many accounts was a “failure” his whole life because he was disinterested in what his teachers and professors had to say. He had bigger things to tackle.

Having said all that, what I do believe they are good for is measuring a learning disability and where strengths are. It can eliminate limiting beliefs about not being “smart enough.” Think back to Unscripted when MJ talks about people being dealt a bad hand and if you have food, water and shelter you’re holding pocket kings. If your IQ is within any normal range than you are better off than many.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
forget IQ what about EI?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
A waste of time.

True intelligence is the willingness to learn, not the ability. Wisdom is that willingness over time.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Need forum on how to get gf, will upvote plz.
There are plenty of forums on this on the internet.

Here's an Oversimplification:
• Talk to girls
• Ask them out

Here are some books:

Models: Attract Women Through Honesty by Mark Manson-Exactly as the title of the book says. First be honest with yourself then be brutally honest with her. Goes through True/False Confidence, being vulnerable, social anxiety, communication skills etc

Mate: Become the Man Women Want by Tucker Max and Dr. Geoffrey Miller-This book goes through a more scientific point of view. Why do women like artists? Why do women like "jerks"? Why do women like muscular men? Dr. Geoffrey Miller is a Professor of Evolutionary Psychology and provides the evolutionary reasons behind what attracts women.

Fundamentals of Female Dynamics-This books is for "nerds/geeks". You'll appreciate this more if you're an engineer/computer scientist/physicist. This comes from a more logical point of view behind attracting women.

Dating Playbook For Men by Andrew Ferebee- This is about becoming the Strong Grounded Man. Develop yourself first. You can also check out Andrew Ferebee's podcasts at Knowledge For Men.com. lol

The Allabaster Girl by Zan Perrion- This one is a little woo-woo poetic. Reads like 18th century literature but still has timeless advice on being a man and attracting women.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
i no wat my IQ is. It is write up their and I am smart to! I go to 11

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I’m an idiot. Oh well. Lmao, screw IQ, any books on how to rock the boat. :rofl:;)

My HW is over 9000

Edit: @Spicymemer45 thanks for the reps, you know where I’m coming from. Real recognize real xD

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.