The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone currently have profitable facebook ad campaigns?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I was having a drink with another fastlaner last night and we were talking about our advertising experiences with facebook.

I believe that only a couple industries are built for facebook advertising nowadays. 1. Gurus with webinars, ebooks, courses, summits, and coaching upsells and 2. Lowest common denominator type shit like what is on the Wish app.

I'm interested to see who's been running profitable facebook ad campaigns and what you sell, how your funnel works, etc.

Same goes for Instagram Influencer marketing. Are any of your campaigns working well in those places?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Minus9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Aug 30, 2018
I run both Facebook and Instagram advertisements - conversion rate of 7% across the entire last year of 2019. Ecommerce/dropshipping store - did $120k+ in sales - Let's take for instance the 4 days I opened up in January around chinese holiday - did about $2700+ in sales in 4 days - ad spend around $320.

Profitable for sure and my funnel is literally straight up direct link to the product page. Average order value is $45-50. You can see in my profile I did a 'on the road to $50k/month' thread that I sometimes post on occassionally.

Facebook and Instagram works wonders for me - good luck to you.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Just got out of a meeting with my roofing client. The Facebook person that I brought in is running a highly successful Facebook/Instagram ad campaign for them. And it's only been the first month.

I'm also currently seeing success on Facebook/Instagram for selling real estate.

And I love Facebook for remarketing all kinds of things.

We are just taking people to services pages on the website. Or pages with floor plans on them.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
I also know about 4-5 people who I see on a daily basis at WeWork. They're Dropshippers and facebook ads is definitely working for them.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Been running them for over 12 years now for all kinds of business and myself.

It's all across the board on what does and does not work.

What is working for a plumber, isn't working for an ecom store and vice versa.

You will need to buy some data and see how it plays out.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
That sounds like a limiting belief. I personally have had a lot of success with FB ads for ecommerce stores in the past, and I know there are thousands and thousands of people seeing returns on their adspend.

You will need to buy some data and see how it plays out.

Yep, you'll need to have some money to test/"burn" (Not see an immediate ROI). The thing about FB is the pixel. Once you find that pocket of people who are converting, Campaigns take off.

Pritesh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Feb 18, 2020
Sounds like a defeatist attitude, facebook has just become a lot stricter with policies which is to be expected with the growing pressure from the government and massive fines.
Unless you are publishing low quality, un-researched ads, yes you will find it difficult to get positive ROIs.

1. Gurus with webinars, ebooks, courses, summits, and coaching upsells and
Maybe you're seeing this because you browse a lot of those sites and you're just being retargeted by similar ads or are put into an audience group.

I can only speak for sectors I have been running ads for, small businesses and ecommerce and both of them are performing pretty good.
Ecom ROAS are around 3-10x depending on adsets.
Small business ads are literally killing it for me, I have to manually calculate ROI for clients but they are in 10-30x range.

2. Lowest common denominator type shit like what is on the Wish app

Not true, I recently sold an e-commerce store that had an Average order value of around $49, if anything the free+shipping and low quality, cheap products ecom ads are no where to be seen right now.

During 2016-2018 Shopify bubble, anyone could stitch together a shitty video ad and run it to get a positive ROI, not anymore. Now people are aware about the low quality products/have already been burned buying those products from stores that all look similar.

Last edited:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Yea I've got a few. The right target audience, attention grabbing ad, convincing offer, conducive business model. If one of those four is messed up, you're gonna lose money. Period. Nothing secret to it.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Profitable businesses categories i know personally:
Entrance Exam Coaching - High-value ticket. 4-5 figures per sales.
Ecommerce - Products range from 2-3 figure
Online Course - xxxx

Yea I've got a few. The right target audience, attention grabbing ad, convincing offer, conducive business model. If one of those four is messed up, you're gonna lose money. Period. Nothing secret to it.
Just brilliantly stated the most important things for success on FB. Most businesses fail in most of them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.