The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does a Digital Marketing agency make C.E.N.T.S?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 29, 2022
I'm curious is digital marketing agency make cents?

I do believe the entry is weak! every joe blow can start a digital agency!

But it takes some serious skill...

what do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

what do you guys think?

It doesn't as it violates entry and has some scale issues as well which can be alleviated with the right deals.

However, it is a great skill to have, and it translates well to Fastlane ventures.

So if that is your best thing you have right now, there's nothing wrong with getting your feet wet there.

This might be relevant...

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

what do you guys think?
It depends on the niche and the transformation you offer for your clients, as well as execution.

Anyone can start a digital agency, but not everyone can be successful.

There may not be barriers to entry, but there definitely are barriers to being competitive. For example, if you’re joe bloe and your agency has 0 team members, what will you show on your website? Do you have a fancy headquarters where you could receive bigger clients? Do you have a fancy office that your clients are going to see when hopping on a call with you? Do you know the niche of your industry inside and out?

I’ve helped a bunch of people this year scale agencies, the highest to 7-figures. The key isn’t in being able to offer digital services - any hustler can create some Facebook ads. The key and the differentiators are in the knowledge you have of your client industry and your knowledge of actually building a business… what problems are they (clients) dealing with? What are their daily concerns? What are their long term plans? How do you fit in to that? What do their buying processes look like? What departments will be involved and what do they need to see to be convinced? Do you have those marketing materials ready?

I can bet you didn’t even think of half of those questions. And yet, it’s this knowledge that you need to differentiate yourself and be successful. The differentiation nowadays is in CLIENT INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE, not in SERVICE KNOWLEDGE, which is already taken for granted. As an Orthodontist I want to work with a professional digital marketing team who understands my business… who knows which period of the year are slower, who have strategies for propping up revenue during those periods, who understand what my customers are looking for, who knows my daily concerns in and out and so on. That’s who I’ll work with, not Joe Schmoe.

Most agencies are side hustles and completely unprepared to compete as real businesses. They lack sophistication. Therefore they are irrelevant.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
MJ and Black Dragon already stepped in, but here's my two cents (no pun intended).

While any j@ck@$$ can come along and install wordpress for a business and maybe make money, you will never magically get buyers knocking down your door just for having a site that says "I do SEO- 497.97$ :D". So yes the E commandment doesn't exist... but it also does, especially if you want to make money at the point where it's a lifestyle business and you can hire out your work and work only on the business.
Yes you can flex your personal connections, but getting out there and selling yourself is when you'll hit the road and thankfully- very few people have the stones to go out and sell, door knock, or cold call and keep doing it day by day and learning from the rejections or their failures.

In my personal experience, I tried to make it work just flexing personal connections and local meetups for over a year but nothing happened until I started picking up the phone, getting rejected, learning, and finally having sales conversations and sales. It's a painful process and requires you to get your @$$ in front of that phone 5-6 days a week and there's no guarantee you'll get a yes even if you do 50 calls in a day.

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 29, 2022
It doesn't as it violates entry and has some scale issues as well which can be alleviated with the right deals.

However, it is a great skill to have, and it translates well to Fastlane ventures.

So if that is your best thing you have right now, there's nothing wrong with getting your feet wet there.

This might be relevant...

Thanks for the reply MJ! Let's call it as Fastlane intro

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 29, 2022
It depends on the niche and the transformation you offer for your clients, as well as execution.

Anyone can start a digital agency, but not everyone can be successful.

There may not be barriers to entry, but there definitely are barriers to being competitive. For example, if you’re joe bloe and your agency has 0 team members, what will you show on your website? Do you have a fancy headquarters where you could receive bigger clients? Do you have a fancy office that your clients are going to see when hopping on a call with you? Do you know the niche of your industry inside and out?

I’ve helped a bunch of people this year scale agencies, the highest to 7-figures. The key isn’t in being able to offer digital services - any hustler can create some Facebook ads. The key and the differentiators are in the knowledge you have of your client industry and your knowledge of actually building a business… what problems are they (clients) dealing with? What are their daily concerns? What are their long term plans? How do you fit in to that? What do their buying processes look like? What departments will be involved and what do they need to see to be convinced? Do you have those marketing materials ready?

I can bet you didn’t even think of half of those questions. And yet, it’s this knowledge that you need to differentiate yourself and be successful. The differentiation nowadays is in CLIENT INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE, not in SERVICE KNOWLEDGE, which is already taken for granted. As an Orthodontist I want to work with a professional digital marketing team who understands my business… who knows which period of the year are slower, who have strategies for propping up revenue during those periods, who understand what my customers are looking for, who knows my daily concerns in and out and so on. That’s who I’ll work with, not Joe Schmoe.

Most agencies are side hustles and completely unprepared to compete as real businesses. They lack sophistication. Therefore they are irrelevant.
Thanks for taking your time to reply to this post, So basically the knowledge about the specific industry or niche is more important than the service itself

theazizmoh_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Apr 29, 2022
MJ and Black Dragon already stepped in, but here's my two cents (no pun intended).

While any j@ck@$$ can come along and install wordpress for a business and maybe make money, you will never magically get buyers knocking down your door just for having a site that says "I do SEO- 497.97$ :D". So yes the E commandment doesn't exist... but it also does, especially if you want to make money at the point where it's a lifestyle business and you can hire out your work and work only on the business.
Yes you can flex your personal connections, but getting out there and selling yourself is when you'll hit the road and thankfully- very few people have the stones to go out and sell, door knock, or cold call and keep doing it day by day and learning from the rejections or their failures.

In my personal experience, I tried to make it work just flexing personal connections and local meetups for over a year but nothing happened until I started picking up the phone, getting rejected, learning, and finally having sales conversations and sales. It's a painful process and requires you to get your @$$ in front of that phone 5-6 days a week and there's no guarantee you'll get a yes even if you do 50 calls in a day.
Thanks for replying Ricardo, it really makes sense, not any joe schmoe have the balls to do even 2 cold calls, it takes patience as well

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020
@MJ DeMarco I don't really understand:can a digital marketing company be considered fastlane and can let out SCRIPT or not ?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@MJ DeMarco I don't really understand:can a digital marketing company be considered fastlane and can let out SCRIPT or not ?

What don't you understand. Most anything can be made "Fastlane," from a hot-dog stand to plumbing company, question is, how many obstacles you'll face. CENTS simply tries to minimize them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.