The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you work weekends?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 9, 2020
I've alvays been an early bird, so I wake up about 4 am during the week and work for 1-2 hours before my job. Weekends I wake up 2-3 am and work until my kids wake up, then I stop and have quality time with them.
I use Paczkomat a lot. It's automated service in Poland for sending packets. Scan your QR code, box opens, throw your packet in and it's done. Works 24/7. Feels good to earn eqivalent of my daily wages money before breakfast :)

kr8nt

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Nov 24, 2022
Latvia
vast majority of employees lives for the weekend but i even enjoy working a lil bit on weekends.

Do you take time off?
I don't remember where, but recently I heard this phrase somewhere - "Every year that you don't make a million, costs you a million". Now to be realistic I tune down the numbers and apply the same for every day/week/month and repeat this to myself every morning.

When you know what your goals are and what you have to do to reach them, why would you purposefully slow yourself down and delay the moment when you will reach them?
Try to remember a moment when you were really hungry. Most probably you didn't have a single thought about not eating. Apply the same for your goals, it's that simple: be hungry to reach your goals, and then you will find out the answer to your question very easily.

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
I don't remember where, but recently I heard this phrase somewhere - "Every year that you don't make a million, costs you a million". Now to be realistic I tune down the numbers and apply the same for every day/week/month and repeat this to myself every morning.

When you know what your goals are and what you have to do to reach them, why would you purposefully slow yourself down and delay the moment when you will reach them?
Try to remember a moment when you were really hungry. Most probably you didn't have a single thought about not eating. Apply the same for your goals, it's that simple: be hungry to reach your goals, and then you will find out the answer to your question very easily.
The quote is great$

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
I'm in my 20's so working the weekend even during my social meetups etc is normal for me. Often times I'll schedule in dual benefit stuff during this time. Like meeting up for beers/food with business partner or new clients etc. It's less formal than meeting for coffee or lunch during the week.

In the future when I have a family etc I'd probably cut back on my availability.

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
I'm in my 20's so working the weekend even during my social meetups etc is normal for me. Often times I'll schedule in dual benefit stuff during this time. Like meeting up for beers/food with business partner or new clients etc. It's less formal than meeting for coffee or lunch during the week.

In the future when I have a family etc I'd probably cut back on my availability.
sounds like my plan

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Feb 15, 2019
Cater to the level of success you're seeking. Want to be a billionaire? You probably need to work weekends. If you want to be highly successful but not #1, it's probably not necessary if you're executing during the week.

Jaxsss

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 13, 2021
My stance on working on my own business is that there are 7 days in the week and they are all the same. However, I take mental breaks when needed.
You have exactly the same approach as I do. I feel like its become a norm for me to just work on my own thing every day when I can, and I enjoy it!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
vast majority of employees lives for the weekend but i even enjoy working a lil bit on weekends.

Do you take time off?
I rest when my body hints me to do so.

It is not based on arbitrary titles in the calendar.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think there was a thread years ago asking how many hours we worked.

I also think @theag had the funniest reply with:

"All of them."

In all seriousness, yes, I work weekends. But when I work during the week it's in fits and starts. I'm often out and about doing things and can work via my phone.

My favourite day is Monday as it's the start of a new week. I dont think many employees would say the same.

Nomads

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 3, 2014
I've fallen into the habit of working every single day... sometimes it feels wrong.

Yet when I take a step back and force myself to take a break I often get bored and wish to be working as I do enjoy it.

Struggling to find a proper balance.

Planning to try keeping Sundays for family and more "creative" work that falls outside the usual day-to-day tasks. While still technically work, it should be more refreshing.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
632%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Sometimes I'll spend 3 days with a combined 6 hours of total sleep doing something big that I want to get done, but some days me and my buddy will be drunk on our jet skis on a tuesday at 11am while our girls make snacks.

The biggest takeaway is: think for yourself. Be actually productive, not just busy.

If you are smart, unafraid, and give a shit, you will find a way for your business to succeed. Maybe it goes quickly and you work nonstop. Maybe you enjoy the climb and take breaks along the way.

As long as you are acting in a way that you will not have many regrets looking back.

Whether they are from being lazy, or from not living your life enough.

Now I focus on having a to-do list. Just bang out the productive 80-20 work in the morning and then go have your fun.

Reread the 4-hr workweek for work-life balance guidance.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Sometimes I'm working, sometimes the boys and I go out and throw a 300+ person rave in the woods.

Output > looking "productive". The book Deep Work helped me realize this.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Sometimes I stay home and study. Sometimes I’m out in the negative Celsius throwing football with my friends tackling eachother.

I don’t have a “schedule” I go off of. That simply doesn’t work for life.

Life is the unexpected. Life is opening up your eyes and springing out of bed to get started with your day. Excited for the new unexpected and unique journey that every second brings.

Anything can happen. Next year isn’t guaranteed, next month isn’t, next week isn’t, tomorrow isn’t, an hour from now isn’t, even your next breath isn’t guaranteed

Instead of worrying when your last breath will be, how do you think you’ll feel during it? Happy, with a smile? Or regretting your decisions.

Live life to fullest. So that when your time has come, you pass, see your life flash before your eyes and you’d smile.

Your life, if a movie and you were to view it at your last moments, would it end with a smile?

I always like to say. “Regrets won’t change the past, worrying won’t change the future, but remaining in the present creates a happy past, present and future.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
My current job is a slowlane. It takes up the hours of the day where I would need to contact other people or businesses. I will pre-write emails during the weekend or before bed that auto send at the time I need them to send. I'll also write down phone numbers of people I need to contact so I don't miss out calling important people when I have a moment to spare.

Recently, part of my business has been involved with sourcing products. The people I talk to about this are 10-12 hours ahead of me.

If I want to talk to them, I NEED to be setting meeting at either 5AM or 11PM.

You do what has to be done to move your business forward.

If you can get all of your work done during the week, good. If your business would not succeed without working weekends, then you should work weekends.

HYPOMANIC

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Dec 14, 2023
Germany near Frankfurt
Sometimes I'll spend 3 days with a combined 6 hours of total sleep doing something big that I want to get done, but some days me and my buddy will be drunk on our jet skis on a tuesday at 11am while our girls make snacks.

The biggest takeaway is: think for yourself. Be actually productive, not just busy.

If you are smart, unafraid, and give a shit, you will find a way for your business to succeed. Maybe it goes quickly and you work nonstop. Maybe you enjoy the climb and take breaks along the way.

As long as you are acting in a way that you will not have many regrets looking back.

Whether they are from being lazy, or from not living your life enough.

Now I focus on having a to-do list. Just bang out the productive 80-20 work in the morning and then go have your fun.

Reread the 4-hr workweek for work-life balance guidance.
Focus on bein productive in any sense in life is absolutely key in my view of life.
If the leverage is BIG even small acts get me far thats it;))

Emperor7

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 15, 2023

Do you take time off?
I work in the mornings 3am and during the day, the intensity depends on the task at hand.
I don't take weekends off..
But I plan to take 2weeks off by March next year to do some travelling, meeting people, gaming etc
Also, I would work more before the period to cover for the two weeks.

Zontora

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Oct 29, 2023

Do you take time off?
Im 15 years old, I am in my full grind phase so every moment I have to spare is dedicated to my business. Ive started looking into ways to be productive at my business even at school and at family events etc.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Father time knows nothing of societal norms.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
While I'm not attempting to glorify a 'workaholic' lifestyle.......
running a growing business tends to require 6-7 days a week of effort.

--> I did 6+ days a week for 16 years (getting biz to $6M)

--> Then took 2 years off to travel the world, meet wife, etc.

--> Now, I work 6+ days a week again (getting biz to ~$20M)

At that size, my goal is to hand off everything to managers in 2024.
By the end of the year, if I don't screw it up - I can take more years off again.
(and hopefully if I did it right, never return to the office).

--
Personally, there is ZERO chance I get here, if I had put in 5 days a week, 40 hours a week.
Just no chance.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.