The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do What You Love And the Money Will Follow!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
And Andviv, if you love those sports so much, who says you have to be a professional to make money? You could start a camp, program, organize some other sort of fastlane business involving these sports? Camp for kids to learn these sports? Instructional book, website, etc?

Again, maybe I'm off base here...but I remember reading several times on this site..."Figure out what you love, then figure out a way to create a fastlane business around it."

Yes, you make a great point.... however... I want to PLAY the sports. I love watching a soccer match... but most of the times I'd still prefer to be the one playing than the one watching the TV.

I could pull an Abramovich, and buy my own soccer team... but still won't be playing it. Makes sense?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kimberland

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 25, 2007
Oh, Kimber, if ya keep lobbing these low and over the plate, I'm gonna have to take a whack at 'em ;)

Brilliant responses, all around. I always love the HC Bailly threads-- HC, it seems like you never change-- constantly searching, never happy, doing much the same thing as when you last posted.

But for some reason, it really brings out some amazing responses from the regulars.

-Russ H.

LOL... for the record, I only met those thousands of guys.
I've kissed about 5 guys in my life.
I've went beyond that with just one.

I don't trust easily.

As for doing what you love.
Yes, you can figure out a way to make money
with EVERY hobby.

Every time, I think the writing business has matured,
some one comes along to shake it up.

HCBailly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2008
“MJ's article is right on the money in terms of not just doing what you love...but don't forget the corollary: Don't do something you hate.â€

So, the logical conclusion would be that if you love doing something and can find a way to make money doing it, then outsource everything else necessary to run the business, so that you can focus on doing what you love. If a function of the business fails (ie: marketing), then you replace it and try again. The number of times you are willing to repeat this process would then be dependent on how strong your “why†is.

Is that correct? I just want to make sure I’m understanding the action suggested by the article.

YoungOne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 19, 2008
Here is a pretty interesting analysis on the subject I read last night while reading my new issue of Fast Company.

What Should I Do with My Life, Now? | Fast Company

Wow! Number 4 hits it right on the head!

the Arcticle said:
4. The Fallacy of Intrinsic Fit. There is this notion around calling that you should love the mere act of what you do every day so much that by virtue of it just being Monday morning and you're at your job, the act of doing it causes neurotransmitters of joy to drip on your brain all day. That is not how real people do it. All jobs have shit work. All jobs have things you hate about them. But real people feel fulfilled by the overall purpose of their organization that the shitty parts are worth putting up with. It's not what you do, it's what you're working towards.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Here is a pretty interesting analysis on the subject I read last night while reading my new issue of Fast Company.

What Should I Do with My Life, Now? | Fast Company

Point number 7 in that article pretty much summon things up on this issue, don't you think?

It say's something like this: "We all know what we want. We do things that leads to that want, something that might very well mean doing "shitty" things".

I think it is right on.

For example: I might not like to do carpentry work (I suck at it, my dad was a carpenter and he excelled in it. He got well paid for his work), but I would probably learn the trade if someone gave me $1 million a year for it:). See, if there is a reward, or a "carrot", then it makes sense to do "shitty" stuff. Right? But it has to fullfill the dreams and wishes we have. It has to support this or it will not be something we would do voluntarily, because it does not support us and our view on the world.

For example, you would only get me to do toilet cleaning services personally by threatening me with a gun to my head:). See, in this scenario I have a wish and a self-conservative side telling me "it is in your interest to do this, because your life is precious and I guess it would not feel so good losing your head. Especially not in a crappy place like this shit-hole".

So, yes. I think I have to agree that "shitty" things sometimes, or many times, are for the better. If it leads to things we want or wish for.

This automaticly leads me to the fact that we have drug dealers around the world. We might say: "Shoot the bastards". But in fact, aren't these people just following the same idea? They deal drugs because:

1) They make more doing that than taking an ordinary job.
2) If they wanted, they could retire really early.
3) The customers are grateful to have, because they usually come back for more, voluntairly, and with no additional marketing needed:).

See, it is in their interest to do this. But of course, when the police comes knocking on the door and ask them do hand it all over and put their hands on their back. Then it becomes more sensible to cooperate so as to get less jail time and or going free from it all by putting as many buddies in jail as possible:). Right? So what is the best thing to do is very much depended on your personal situation. And you do the "shitty" work so as to have what you desire and wish for.

HCBailly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Apr 21, 2008
Maybe this belongs in a separate thread, but I think it relates to the subject, as this is taking the idea to the next logical step. Let’s assume the following three things are true:

1) Your “why†is strong enough.
2) You “love†is unable to fulfill your “whyâ€.
3) Your knowledge is weak.

How does one go about attaining financial freedom under those circumstances? I’ve mostly heard that the average person needs to invest in their financial education. How does one do that? Classes are nice, but that only teaches one how to join the middle class, not reach the fastlane.

Usually, I’ve heard that people need to invest in financial education from people who are selling something. Books tend to be general and vague, because they’re targeting the masses. There’s just not enough information for the average person to go anywhere with that. Expensive seminars contain no more information than the books do, except it’s slightly more organized and relevant.

The only logical solution that I see is find a support group, then exercise trial and error. Obviously, if any one person had all the answers, then everyone would do it. Basically, one can invest only so much money in education before they just have to get some experience to move forward.

Is that basically it? That sounds like a pretty backwards way of achieving financial freedom to me. Surely, there must be something more concrete and systematic than random trial and error. I’m more curious to hear what you have to say about this than anything else.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Good thread! I love putting together deals! I'm already getting excited because it looks like I will have one of my lots under contract for a custom build, and should have that money freed up by July. That means I can go hunt for another building lot! I might be able to buy 2-3 more this year!

You don't have to love everything about what you do, I certianly don't love all aspects of the business. I don't really care for the site work, and eventualy I plan on subbing that out so I don't have to do it. But overall I like what I do and look forward to going to work.

IMHO you make more money in real estate with a pen than a hammer. But at first the hammer part really helps you learn the business.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
HC-

I think a large part of your confusion, frustration and contemplation of happiness, success and money is in large part due to your world view. For years now I've noticed that you paint every picture in different shades of gray and I've never seen you in any state other than an introspective malaise.

Is there anything in, or any area of, your life where you do feel successful or happy--even if that feeling is fleeting?

...My point being is that if you can't find joy in the small things, odds are you won't find it in the big things either.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
HC-

I think a large part of your confusion, frustration and contemplation of happiness, success and money is in large part due to your world view. For years now I've noticed that you paint every picture in different shades of gray and I've never seen you in any state other than an introspective malaise.

Is there anything in, or any area of, your life where you do feel successful or happy--even if that feeling is fleeting?

...My point being is that if you can't find joy in the small things, odds are you won't find it in the big things either.

I have been reading his posts for years, and frankly these days I don't read them anymore. I don't want to be mean because I'm sure he is a nice guy and we probably could have a beer or two together. But they are so long winded and depressing I just skip them. He reminds me of Eeyore, there is always a gray cloud.

I think he is depressed, and I am pretty sure I have said this before but he really should seek some help for it.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
Great quote I read that I wanted to share...

Jason Kottke had a great post on this a few days ago from an Guardian article on Writers. To hi-jack the money quote:

"I wouldn't be the first writer to point out that doing something so deeply personal does become less jolly when you have to keep on at it, day after cash-generating day. To use a not ridiculous analogy: Sex = nice thing. Sex For Cash = probably less fun, perhaps morally uncomfy and psychologically unwise. Sitting alone in a room for hours while essentially talking in your head about people you made up earlier and then writing it down for no one you know does have many aspects which are not inherently fulfilling."

NeedFastMoney

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Land of Ban
Using your own examples, being your own boss is an illusion. Instead of having one boss to answer to, you now have hundreds of customers, employees, tenants, property manager, or stock holders to answer to. Circumstances of life, such as waking up without an alarm clock or writing a book can be worked around with some time management.

The only purpose I can see to building wealth is to do what only having money will allow you to do. Paying off a mortgage could be one of those, but is that really worth it? Is it really worth all the pain, effort, and time to achieve that? Sure, it would be exhilarating to finally get there, but how long will that feeling last? Will it last longer than the time it took to achieve it? Impossible. Once that problem is over with, people will always find new problems to worry about. It never ends.

That’s why I don’t get the concept of building wealth. It either fulfills illusionary perceptions about life or it doesn’t solve the internal issue behind the need to have it.

Why do I own my own business? Two reasons. First, I’ve obviously not solved my own internal issues (whatever they are, I don’t know). Second, since I cannot seem to defeat them or avoid the pain of work, my next best option would logically be to minimize it. This business gives me the best ability to do that. If a job would do it, I would have no problem answering to someone else. At least that way, I would only have one person to impress.

Maybe this is too negative, but I just don’t get building wealth, though I’d be happy to learn why. In the end, it doesn’t seem to really accomplish anything.

Great post!

You're right!

Ever since I "went into business for myself." I have been "suffering." I had less problems when I was an employee. At least I had a paycheck every week! Now what I have to look forward to everyday is non-paying customers. Having to kiss the behinds of people I would not even think twice about otherwise. Everyone with their hands out for money. Extremely phony people smiling in my face one minute and then stabbing me in the back the next.

Being late with bills because my "business" just isn't cutting it. Watching people with jobs that ARE getting paid sneer at me as I ask them to "borrow" money. I agree 100% with the statement about your having "hundreds of bosses" as a business owner. And most of those bosses are cheapskates who could care less if you succeed.

NeedFastMoney

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Land of Ban
HC-

These wealth building forums kill me with this "It's your fault!" spiel they keep coming with everytime their useless advice fails. A person does every single thing that these worthless books, CDs, forums, etc. says and guess what? Its still not enough. When the advice given FAILS (and it usually does which is why most people are NOT rich) the "Its your fault!" spiel is the easiest way out. Why? It places all blame for their BS information on YOU. 99.9% of the gurus out there are just getting over on people.

Because trust me MILLIONS are buying what you people say and APPLYING it but it is not working) rather than admit the advice (which usually amounts to obsessing over cars that were popular in the 80s...like the Lamborghini and constantly obsessing over age) is worthless and was just a way for people like RK to make millions off of the gullible masses.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
These wealth building forums kill me with this "It's your fault!" spiel they keep coming with everytime their useless advice fails. A person does every single thing that these worthless books, CDs, forums, etc. says and guess what? Its still not enough. When the advice given FAILS (and it usually does which is why most people are NOT rich) the "Its your fault!" spiel is the easiest way out. Why? It places all blame for their BS information on YOU. 99.9% of the gurus out there are just getting over on people.

Because trust me MILLIONS are buying what you people say and APPLYING it but it is not working) rather than admit the advice (which usually amounts to obsessing over cars that were popular in the 80s...like the Lamborghini and constantly obsessing over age) is worthless and was just a way for people like RK to make millions off of the gullible masses.

Am I reading this right? You introduced yourself on our forum and asked for advice. You even said you got great FREE advice here on your intro thread. Now you are on this thread attacking us, our ideologies, our actions, and what we say. You don't know the history of this thread, HC, or Yves. Yves is one of our foremost members and what she says is truth. HC came here and I truly believe he got some help after struggling for many years. Last I heard he's doing great. Why are you here if you don't agree with what we stand for?

NeedFastMoney

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Land of Ban
Am I reading this right? You introduced yourself on our forum and asked for advice. You even said you got great FREE advice here on your intro thread. Now you are on this thread attacking us, our ideologies, our actions, and what we say. You don't know the history of this thread, HC, or Yves. Yves is one of our foremost members and what she says is truth. HC came here and I truly believe he got some help after struggling for many years. Last I heard he's doing great. Why are you here if you don't agree with what we stand for?

I'm not bashing anyone. I'm stating the TRUTH. Most of this "be happy when you are starving" crap is for the birds. Now I'm not starving but my point is; No one is going to be happy when they are struggling. Except a fool. When people are in pain they express that pain. And so far what I have seen on wealth building forums is people that pretty much ignore and add to that pain via insult (i.e. Its your fault!). OR they simply ignore all together and play "rich people."

When the reality is most of the people here aren't rich. I'm thankful for the advice I was given BUT it still requires money which I don't have. Why? Because I FOLLOWED bad advice from wealth building gurus that said some of the same things that are being said here. If I would have kept going with the job I'd probably have more money, be less stressed, and have to deal with less moody cornball customers.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'm not bashing anyone. I'm stating the TRUTH. Most of this "be happy when you are starving" crap is for the birds. Now I'm not starving but my point is; No one is going to be happy when they are struggling. Except a fool. When people are in pain they express that pain. And so far what I have seen on wealth building forums is people that pretty much ignore and add to that pain via insult (i.e. Its your fault!). OR they simply ignore all together and play "rich people."

When the reality is most of the people here aren't rich. I'm thankful for the advice I was given BUT it still requires money which I don't have. Why? Because I FOLLOWED bad advice from wealth building gurus that said some of the same things that are being said here. If I would have kept going with the job I'd probably have more money, be less stressed, and have to deal with less moody cornball customers.

Sorry man, you may be stating what is true for you but your truth doesn't apply to me. It's time for you to man up and accept your responsibility in your life. You bought the RD book because something in your life wasn't right and you wanted someone else to tell you how to fix it. You are doing the same thing here. You are not doing well and you want someone to tell you how to make it all well. Quit waiting for other people to tell you how to fix your life.

As far as I know neither RK nor anyone else said this was easy. You're a grown up and you chose your path. Yeah life is kicking most of us right now, I understand.

Hey look at the alternative. You can work at a no brain job for 40 years, save your money in a company sponsered IRA, lose 50%+ of it's value, and get laid off. Yep, that's what I want for me and my family.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Who are the gurus that you speak of? Nobody here claims to be one.

I can tell you that there are plenty of people making their plan work. I have witnessed a few directly from this forum.

Businesses succeed when there is a strong plan that is implemented correctly. That is what many of us talk about.

You are correct that many will not succeed. Tell me how that is anyone elses fault?

NeedFastMoney

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Land of Ban
Sorry man, you may be stating what is true for you but your truth doesn't apply to me. It's time for you to man up and accept your responsibility in your life. You bought the RD book because something in your life wasn't right and you wanted someone else to tell you how to fix it. You are doing the same thing here. You are not doing well and you want someone to tell you how to make it all well. Quit waiting for other people to tell you how to fix your life.

As far as I know neither RK nor anyone else said this was easy. You're a grown up and you chose your path. Yeah life is kicking most of us right now, I understand.

Hey look at the alternative. You can work at a no brain job for 40 years, save your money in a company sponsered IRA, lose 50%+ of it's value, and get laid off. Yep, that's what I want for me and my family.

A FACT is a FACT. 2+2 = 4 regardless of what "blame shifting" spiel you can come up with. That's always the way out when your advice is crap. Blame the person who believed you and got screwed because of it. Take your own advice and "man up" to the fact that the majority of wealth building strategies being discussed simply DO NOT WORK. Let's be honest here RK and whoever else decides to capitalize off of "teaching people how they can be FINANCIALLY FREE" make millions off of selling their books.

Now being logical here that means "millions are buying them." Thousands followe the advice given from these wealth buliding gurus/forums and thousands fail because of it. Does everyone fail? No. But most do.

Also: What planet are you on? The point of buying any book on wealth building is to gain advice on how one can become wealthy. Of course I am looking for someone to tell me how to fix what is wrong. I'm not buying the book because I like Robert. Get real.

Its time for these phony wealth building experts to "man up" and say "we are making a profit selling you this crap and most of it doesn't even work!" I don't see too much courage coming from the wealth building crowd...at all.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
A FACT is a FACT. 2+2 = 4 regardless of what "blame shifting" spiel you can come up with. That's always the way out when your advice is crap. Blame the person who believed you and got screwed because of it. Take your own advice and "man up" to the fact that the majority of wealth building strategies being discussed simply DO NOT WORK. Let's be honest here RK and whoever else decides to capitalize off of "teaching people how they can be FINANCIALLY FREE" make millions off of selling their books.

Now being logical here that means "millions are buying them." Thousands followe the advice given from these wealth buliding gurus/forums and thousands fail because of it. Does everyone fail? No. But most do.

Also: What planet are you on? The point of buying any book on wealth building is to gain advice on how one can become wealthy. Of course I am looking for someone to tell me how to fix what is wrong. I'm not buying the book because I like Robert. Get real.

Its time for these phony wealth building experts to "man up" and say "we are making a profit selling you this crap and most of it doesn't even work!" I don't see too much courage coming from the wealth building crowd...at all.

So what is your solution? Come to our part of the internet and crap in our house because we are working hard on our dreams?

NeedFastMoney

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Land of Ban
Who are the gurus that you speak of? Nobody here claims to be one.

I can tell you that there are plenty of people making their plan work. I have witnessed a few directly from this forum.

Businesses succeed when there is a strong plan that is implemented correctly. That is what many of us talk about.

You are correct that many will not succeed. Tell me how that is anyone elses fault?

I know plenty of businesses with a strong plan that did not succeed. The main people saying "its your fault" are the wealth building gurus and members who attempt to downtalk people that are being honest about their situation.

For instance, I saw HCBailly as being HONEST. He didn't downtalk the other members. He stated FACTS. Guess what happened though? Tons of members came along and downtalked HIM. He's depressed, he's not seeing the good in things, he's this, he's that. RK does the same crap in his books. The only people I see blaming all of the time is those who claim to be wealthy and are downtalking those who have problems.

NeedFastMoney

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Land of Ban
So what is your solution? Come to our part of the internet and crap in our house because we are working hard on our dreams?

So what's your solution? Respond to my messages and sent me private messages because I am working hard on my dreams and have no respect for phonies and "blame shifters"?

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
So what's your solution? Respond to my messages and sent me private messages because I am working hard on my dreams and have no respect for phonies and "blame shifters"?

I work on my solution for 16 ours a day, 7 days a week. I'm no guru. I don't help those that don't ask. You asked. I did send you a PM to try to get at the root of the problem. It's my job as a mod. I am not downing you for working on your dreams. I am trying to figure out why you are on this forum if you don't like what you read.

You do need to spend more time searching about HC. You will find that he got some good advice on this forum. He has been on here many times since and has expressed his gratitude to the members that helped him.

If you don't like what you read here you are most welcome to go out the way you came in.

NeedFastMoney

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Land of Ban
I work on my solution for 16 ours a day, 7 days a week. I'm no guru. I don't help those that don't ask. You asked. I did send you a PM to try to get at the root of the problem. It's my job as a mod. I am not downing you for working on your dreams. I am trying to figure out why you are on this forum if you don't like what you read.

You do need to spend more time searching about HC. You will find that he got some good advice on this forum. He has been on here many times since and has expressed his gratitude to the members that helped him.

If you don't like what you read here you are most welcome to go out the way you came in.

I never said I didn't like any of what I read here. I said the attitude of "be happy when you are starving" is for the birds. I also said that members tend to kick people when they are down by blaming them.

Also, don't threaten me pal.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I never said I didn't like any of what I read here. I said the attitude of "be happy when you are starving" is for the birds. I also said that members tend to kick people when they are down by blaming them.

Also, don't threaten me pal.

What part of this was a threat, pal?

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Some people just take whatever other people said without digesting it. Advice is simply an advice. If you don't digest and apply them in your own creative ways, you will just be the follower (passenger) not the driver.

Blame on someone or even themselves because the advice doesn't work for them is simply just a character of a failure. If you have problem with something that don't work. Find out why and work around it.

All rich people may born rich, but they work their way up and stay rich. If they do so we can do so too. If you don't even believe yourself, no one will.

Complaint your environment or your financial situation will never get you anywhere. That's why some is getting rich while someone will never get there.

We are all here to learn and try regardless how rich you are. If you don't open and enrich your mindset, you will always be poor regardless how much money you have in the bank.

That's all I want to say in response back to NeedFastMoney

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007

When the reality is most of the people here aren't rich. I'm thankful for the advice I was given BUT it still requires money which I don't have. Why? If I would have kept going with the job I'd probably have more money, be less stressed, and have to deal with less moody cornball customers.

Okay, you're in pain, I get it. You've had a lot of things go wrong and having your own business wasn't what you thought it would be. I get that too. I've been there, most of us have. Here's some friendly psychobabble for you: You are so caught up in your pain that you are projecting that pain onto people and comments made, without reading or understanding the context. My comments to HC or the workout girl were directed to them and not you. Your response to me (in regards to them) shows that you aren't able to see anything but your own pain right now. I also get that. Dude, most of us have been where you're at. We could potentially be the best friends you'll ever have if you'd just settle down and listen instead of attacking.

Here's some more of my 02 that you aren't going to like, your sentence, "Because I FOLLOWED bad advice..." the keyword in this sentence is not "FOLLOWED" but the word "I". Own it. So you made a mistake. We all have, welcome to the club. So you were duped by a "guru", or got some bad business advice, well again, get in line. (I attended a Rich Dad seminar where they were selling how to make a fortune in real estate and the price to learn was only $59,999--and people were lining up in droves, like cattle to the slaughter.) Your job in business as well as in life in general is to learn how to judge the quality of advice you get--unfortunately good judgment often comes from bad judgment. You don't hold the patent on pain here.

You say you would've been better off staying an employee. Well that might be true; I think most entrepreneurs feel that way when they are in the eye of the storm, and frankly not everyone has the personality style to be an entrepreneur. If this is the case so be it. You tried it and you hated it. There is no shame in that--in fact you should be very proud of yourself. You are among the few who dared venture out--you won't have all the "what if's" that others die with. ...Being an entrepreneur means that you are a trail blazer; the downside is that it's really easy to blaze that trail right over a cliff. You stuck your hand out to try and get more for yourself and your hand got slapped--hard. I get that. We all get that. Most entrepreneurs have several businesses or business ideas that fail before they find one that succeeds. Why? Because where you are is called the learning curve (aka the eye of the storm.) Most people after getting their hands slapped hard by the learning curve tend to quit, thinking, "Oh, I learned my lesson--all those gurus were wrong" or "Owning your own business is a joke." It's normal to feel the way you do, but you haven't failed--you are still in the curve. So take some time to analyze what you are doing wrong and what you are doing right. Be brutally honest with yourself. Everything that is going wrong write down what you could do to turn it around, and then pick and handful of ideas and move forward on them. There is no magic here; there is no getting around the learning curve. Hang in there.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Let's be honest here RK and whoever else decides to capitalize off of "teaching people how they can be FINANCIALLY FREE" make millions off of selling their books.

Which Came First? Your Black Card or Your Book? | theFastlaneToMillions.com

More friendly advice: Do yourself a favor, stop posting and start reading.

NeedFastMoney

Banned
Apr 24, 2009
Land of Ban
Which Came First? Your Black Card or Your Book?*|*theFastlaneToMillions.com

More friendly advice: Do yourself a favor, stop posting and start reading.

Mistake # 1 : I've read more books on financial education and wealth building than you would ever know. I've also implemented more wealth-building strategies than you would ever know. Guess what? Either they were not as efficient as they were supposed to be or they just didn't work at all. Stop assuming and start asking people what they have and haven't done.

Mistake # 2 : A very condescending attitude will cause people to NOT want to listen to you. For instance, I haven't clicked on the link simply due to the way you presented it.

Didn't you guys learn anything about communicating? You'll get more with honey than with...?

Its like some of you are five freaking years old. You just can't seem to grasp that if you talk condescendingly to anyone, deny anyone's struggle, refuse to listen and blame people that are honestly trying. They WILL NOT TAKE YOU SERIOUSLY. In the long run there are more people struggling than there are wealthy people so you're shooting yourself in the foot by acting in such a manner.

Just "friendly" advice.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.