Wuh? Yes starting a business is HARD, but you don't need to cut out everything else in life.
Yes, things GO UNBLANCED, but you still can live and enjoy life.
When I was starting, it was WORK, GYM, FRIENDS (had very few since I was in a new city) and SLEEP.
Where are you getting this idea that you have to ditch your family if you start a business?
My mindset was if I can cut out most "luxuries", then I can focus on the most important. I know I am one to go extreme with things, and I obviously lost my sense when I began to contemplate "family" in that mix.
I think I overindulged in the videos/books of startup founders, where they talk about how much they had to sacrifice to build their start up and how they just lived/breathed their businesses for years.
I guess I'm trying to implement this idea of "sacrifice for the short term, so you can enjoy in the long term"
but yea everyone on here is spot on, I shouldn't even be considering this as an option.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
