- Joined
- Jul 26, 2007
- Messages
- 2,215
Rep Bank
$1,830
$1,830
User Power: 23%
I have had a stressful and weird day today. I have neighbor issues at one cabin (the dude is building some crazy fence that I guess (haven't seen it yet) makes it a tight fit to get to my cabin. Awesome. Should be even more awesome when it snows and people slide into it. I am trying to not get frazzled by it, as he is well within his property lines. WildAmbitions suggessted moving my driveway- which I could do by tearing up the front yard. ...This would be less than $1k. ...But still. This butthole is living in his RV in his front yard, and has the nerve to put a fence up. Maybe I could offer to buy an easement from him? Or maybe I should just suck it up and move the drive. What I really need to do is just go talk to him. ...and I don't want to. Blah. I keep thinking about the story of the Indian guy whose son get shot. Everyone in town says "oh that's terrible!" The guy says, "that remains to be seen". Then the army comes and takes all the able-bodied guys to war. Everyone in town remarks at how lucky the guy's son is, he responds "that remains to be seen". This dialogue goes on and on throughout the story,and the moral of it is, we don't know the effects of what happens to us. What appears to be good is sometimes bad and vice versa. It all remains to be seen, so don't get all amped up over stuff when you have no idea if it is really good or bad. ...I know I need to get comfortable (or at least not rattled) by these kinds of issues, because this is the down side to real estate.
I am trying to frame this fence issue in a positive light. ...This is a good opportunity for me to be assertive as well as landscape the front yard which needs it anyhow. I need to approach this with more honey and less vinegar. Maybe I should go over there with a 6 pack and just talk to him.
What would you do?
...Thanks for listening to my stream of consciousness!
I am trying to frame this fence issue in a positive light. ...This is a good opportunity for me to be assertive as well as landscape the front yard which needs it anyhow. I need to approach this with more honey and less vinegar. Maybe I should go over there with a 6 pack and just talk to him.
What would you do?
...Thanks for listening to my stream of consciousness!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
