The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I got stuck with my idea because it seems really difficult.

Idea threads

Glenn23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 10, 2023
Hey everyone. Just like you I am desperately want to get rich by starting a business. I am a young surgeon and I spotted a clinical need. I talked to a person in industry and he told me the product I wanted it was difficult to develop, they tried to develop it but the budget is no enough. One of the top company in US is developing it but it seems they have not succeeded yet. I am pretty sure the product I envisioned will prevail in the future, but it is impossible to do it myself. I guess I need a team who is good at physics, engineering, material science, and a lot of money. A huge mountain in front of me. I really want to do something about it, but I don't know how. Is my dream to big? Should I switch to another dream?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I really want to do something about it, but I don't know how. Is my dream to big?

Depends.

Your dream will depend mostly on leadership and your ability to craft a vision to gather the technical and monetary resources to make it real. Sounds like it's not a 1- or 2-man venture, but a pretty big enterprise.

Glenn23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 10, 2023
Depends.

Your dream will depend mostly on leadership and your ability to craft a vision to gather the technical and monetary resources to make it real. Sounds like it's not a 1- or 2-man venture, but a pretty big enterprise.
Yes, I can imagine if it exist now, the market will be over a billion.

Glenn23

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 10, 2023
Depends.

Thank you for the tips. I am really amazed that you replied! I finished reading the millionaire Fastlane on a plane from Shanghai to Beijing. Amazing book!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
@Kak took a swing at a billion $ idea too. He shared it in his podcast.

I am a big fan of thinking bigger and chasing dreams like this. What's the damn downside? Failing a billion dollar business still gives you the experience of someone who tried to create a billion dollar business. It's a no-lose scenario.

We only live briefly on this planet. Ideally we die with no regrets. Some people will look at the idea of building a billion dollar company and think "I could have had so many vacations" and another person will see it "OMG, I can't believe I get to be the one to try this! Let's go!"

I am incredibly fortunate in life to have met a number of billionaires. All of them started small but the minute they hit traction, they went all-in.

This forum doesn't yet have a billion dollar exit people. You are unlikely to find the help you need to go THAT big here. But I challenge you, do you need to go that big now? How do you start smaller? How do you break down this huge castle into small Lego pieces?

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
Hey everyone. Just like you I am desperately want to get rich by starting a business. I am a young surgeon and I spotted a clinical need. I talked to a person in industry and he told me the product I wanted it was difficult to develop, they tried to develop it but the budget is no enough. One of the top company in US is developing it but it seems they have not succeeded yet. I am pretty sure the product I envisioned will prevail in the future, but it is impossible to do it myself. I guess I need a team who is good at physics, engineering, material science, and a lot of money. A huge mountain in front of me. I really want to do something about it, but I don't know how. Is my dream to big? Should I switch to another dream?
You could contemplate talking to a technical university and look into someone willing to do it as a PhD project or master‘s thesis.

michaelasg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 30, 2023
Focus! Start digging. Talk to more people, gather more information. Draft a potential plan and necessaries, then, start putting the ducks in a row, one by one. After a few weeks of obsessing on the subject you will have a far better understanding of what it takes to have it done.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.