The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Anyone Else Find It Difficult To Converse With “Normal” People?

IntelligentIdiot

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
May 19, 2023
Social media like Reddit is the worst, but that’s to be expected. I just find it irritating hearing about celebrities, how much everything sucks and how hard it is to make money(it isn’t), and the reactions I get when talking about non-scripted things. The words they use when talking about themselves or life (maybe, IF, LUCKY, etc) just shows how much they shortcut their potential.

I stopped trying to interact with anyone that doesn’t have a growth mindset because quite frankly, most people seem like morons and are quick to shut down any non-scripted concepts or truth, they get offended so easily and I’m just over the mental drain. It feels alienating (but refreshing) and I don’t like feeling antisocial, but with most people I’m just over it pretty quick, they have no life or imagination to them. Anyone else feel similar?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyone else feel similar?

X 1000.

I have nothing in common with the common human.

• I don't give a shit about celebrities.
  • I don't watch television unless it has some type of educational angle, or de-stressing angle.
  • I don't watch the news.
  • I loathe politicians and only vote if it impacts local matters (like city or county taxes)
  • I don't go to movies and I find superhero movies the lowest-IQ form of entertainment out there.
  • I don't cry because my sports team lost the game. Likewise, the idea of wearing another man's name on the back of my shirt is stupid.
  • I take care of my health and I pay attention what I put into my mouth.
  • I trust the government and their media accomplices 0%.

It's getting harder and harder to find people who aspire for better than mediocrity and obedience.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Social media like Reddit is the worst, but that’s to be expected. I just find it irritating hearing about celebrities, how much everything sucks and how hard it is to make money(it isn’t), and the reactions I get when talking about non-scripted things. The words they use when talking about themselves or life (maybe, IF, LUCKY, etc) just shows how much they shortcut their potential.

I stopped trying to interact with anyone that doesn’t have a growth mindset because quite frankly, most people seem like morons and are quick to shut down any non-scripted concepts or truth, they get offended so easily and I’m just over the mental drain. It feels alienating (but refreshing) and I don’t like feeling antisocial, but with most people I’m just over it pretty quick, they have no life or imagination to them. Anyone else feel similar?
My "value-vouchers" goal is right now is to be able to live ALONE. Gosh, I the "Old Friends, Old Ways principle" from TGGRE is so true with acquaintances.

I dream that when I can get to really wealthy positions - and I wish to go over 200m I could preach people the beliefs of greatness and strength. I did this in the past even, but quickly realised that until you have wealth, you also don't have bragging rights.

@MJ DeMarco, God bless you for creating this forum.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
It's interesting how in this age we have the most connectivity and information(cell phones, Internet etc.) and yet our relationships as humans have gone down hill.

Maximum connectivity while minimizing human relations.

Another reason to stay off social media. Get out there and meet people and learn how to talk. Do something for somebody. Help somebody and make a friend.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
These annoying "normal people" are most likely your potential customers. There's no need to have them as friends (in that, I agree to seek top players who break the mold) but there's no need to disparage them, either.

Alienating yourself makes sense if you've already made it and don't need to make money anymore. Otherwise, every interaction can help you.

This may be a waste of time for some but I make an effort to be able to talk to anyone, regardless of how much our backgrounds differ. It's always helpful to see the world from another perspective, even if you don't agree with it.

It's way harder to have a business catering to the unconventional 1% minority. It's way easier to sell to an average person because there are many more of them. Understand their motives, help them, and profit.

As Harry Browne wrote:

All individuals have one common characteristic: each one seeks happiness. Beyond that, every individual is different. Each has lived a different life. Each has a different background, a different level of knowledge.

So each person will experience happiness in different ways. For example, one man may find happiness in reading good books. Another enjoys providing happiness for others ~ or possibly even providing unhappiness for others!

For some men, spending a million dollars would be sheer ecstasy ~ while other men find that it is the earning of a million dollars that provides happiness.

Some individuals live a life of self-denial here on Earth, anticipating a reward of eternal happiness in the Kingdom of Heaven.

What does all this mean?

It simply means that happiness is relative.

Each individual will have a different set of values. Each will look for, and obtain, happiness in a different way. What gives one person a feeling of well-being may have no effect whatsoever upon another ~ or may even create extreme discomfort.

Each person chooses for himself what he wants in life.

If someone does something that seems to you to have no value, it’s only that he has made a choice in accordance with what he wants ~ not with what you want.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 18, 2022
Yes. But then I accept the fact that at one point in time I cared about similarly irrelevant shit (World of Warcraft). I also firmly believe it isn't my job to judge how other people choose to live their lives. That said, it is extremely difficult to make friends when you don't care about 99.9% of mainstream stuff. Celebrities, politics, left vs right, who got canceled, what goofy new show people are watching, etc.

I lost a best friend of 20 years because he refused to do anything outside of sitting in front of his TV. His idea of hanging out involved inviting me over to watch the newest episode of "The Flash." It eventually got to the point he stopped inviting me over, and I stopped reaching out to him. We had a huge argument that ended with telling each other to F*ck off.

Some people are one-dimensional, some aren't. Life is wild.

Cheers.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I agree.

I talk to people, they talk about they habits and I just wander off in thought then I tell them about what I’ve been doing and they proceed to look at me weird and everything gets awkward.

I tell them about entrepreneurship and they follow through with what business do you do, and how much you make.

Which I really don’t know how to respond to it.

Do I just lie? Do I tell the truth?

Wish me good luck going into this school year..

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
I don't find it difficult to converse with "normal" people, but the majority of conversations I have are not very interesting to me. Part of my job is to work with people one-on-one. Which means, I talk with a lot of people, every single day. Generally, the topics of conversation are of no interest, but you have the conversation, because awkward silence is worse(yes, I'm an extrovert).

However, you would be surprised by the information some people have and the connections you can make just by being open to talking to people. I had a young guy come to the clinic where I work. He seemed like a hard-working guy, but he didn't seem like the type of person that I would get any of this personal benefit from talking to him, other than just a nice conversation. After three sessions with this guy, he told me his boss is the head of regulations for a major chemical company and that he would get me a meeting with him to ask any questions I had relating to regulations(which I had a lot of questions, at the time).

Long story short, I had a great meeting with his boss, and his boss helped me connect the last piece of the puzzle in regards to regulation for a product I was looking to transport and store in a warehouse.

My suggestion, learn to talk to people. Even if they don't seem interesting to talk to on a superficial level. At worst, you can implement some strategies from books like "How to Win Friends and Influence People" or "The 48 Laws of Power." If you talk to enough people, you start building a network of interesting people in your local area. Some of those people may prove to be very helpful in the future. You never know who can change your life.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
X 1000.

• I don't watch television unless it has some type of educational angle, or de-stressing angle.
  • I loathe politicians and only vote if it impacts local matters (like city or county taxes)
  • I don't go to movies and I find superhero movies the lowest-IQ form of entertainment out there.
  • I don't cry because my sports team lost the game. Likewise, the idea of wearing another man's name on the back of my shirt is stupid.

It's getting harder and harder to find people who aspire for better than mediocrity and obedience.
Could've written this list myself, nailed it.

DXIAZZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 28, 2022
Phoenix Arizona
X 1000.

On no MJ! You’re the weird one for not watching football Friday nights and watching the news! Mediocrity at its finest.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska

But, aren't those people your customers? There is a big difference between people in your inner circle and the rest of the world. If you cut yourself off from just about everyone, aren't you lonely?

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.
Definitely feeling this post right now. Lately has been tough to spend time with friends aside on working on my own goals currently. They all just want to spend a Saturday night watching ufc or a hockey game, watching something that is completely meaningless once the tv is turned off. Talking about future goals or ways how to work on our life goals is replaced by reminiscing about past memories. Been spending more time with people who want to discuss things that actually have meaning and purpose.

Also thank god for MJ and this forum.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

I get along with most people I meet, to be honest.

I couldn't think of anyone worse to be around than the one who openly professes his ''growth mindset'' and how he knows the secrets to the world. Or who pushes his views on others. I would find that grotesque.

People don't have to be on the same path as you, for you to enjoy their company and who they are as a person.

hrsh777

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 25, 2023
I get along with most people I meet, to be honest.

I couldn't think of anyone worse to be around than the one who openly professes his ''growth mindset'' and how he knows the secrets to the world. Or who pushes his views on others. I would find that grotesque.

People don't have to be on the same path as you, for you to enjoy their company and who they are as a person.
Yup. m with you there.

Ofc u need to surround your self with certain people to learn from, either directly or indirectly, but that doesn't mean u can't have people with you who's company u really enjoy and care for each other.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I had a gut feeling this thread (and my post) would devolve into a bunch of strawman virtue signaling...

I never said I can't communicate with others.

I never said I can't interact or play with others.

I never said I can't understand others and serve their needs.

I never said I can't get along with others. (Perhaps the OP alluded that, but I did not.)

In fact, I love meeting new people and finding out what makes them tick. My favorite question, is "What's your story?" It's a great open-ended question that makes the person think. In fact, one of the huge benefits of hosting the Fastlane Summit was that I FINALLY get to be around my people.

But ultimately, I find myself having little to nothing in common with people outside of that domain.

Do I want to sit around for 6 hours on a Saturday and watch college football while stuffing my face with beer and pizza?

No.

Do I want to sit around at a bar drinking Bud Light discussing the latest problems in the world as put forth by CNN and Fox News?

No.

Do I want to get my 4th booster for the experimental vaccine that didn't work?

No.

Do I want to be angry at people richer than I and destroy their property?

No.

Do I want to put a Ukrainian flag on my house, or whatever else the people in power want me to narratively back?

No.

I said I have little in common with the common human, which apparently somehow translates into locking myself in a basement and isolating myself, and never interacting with anyone. SMH.

Costa

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
Dec 8, 2022
Zero to Hero
I thought I was the only one, lmao. I get bored watching movies, series, and even documentaries. Videogames too (I only play Madden, 9 min a day)

Consuming media doesn't feel as enjoyable as past times, and talking to "normal" people tests my patience and tolerance because the lifestyle here revolves around worship celebrities. Soccer, politics, and TikTok is the religion. Nothing left, Nothing more.

I know the Jokes around "NPC", but when I go outside, I try to lie myself that it's actually a Meme and not the real life, because Holy Cow, it feels I'm in the Idiocracy Movie.

I wanna talk about how to make x city/state or the world better, how to dethrone the elites and force politicians to serve the people, how to be more healthy or take the right choices in life, how to be a better person and find the answer: what is a Real Man or Real Woman, How we can save future generations from Depression and the upcoming chaos (tyranny, war, and whatnot)

Things that matter, not what is the color of Elon Musk's underwear or what did Justin Bieber say to Eminem.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I like people. I like to meet them and talk to them. I want to hear their stories and their challenges. I like to help people make strides in their lives.

I don't do destructive behaviors. I don't drink, smoke, or take street drugs. That would be stupid. So, I don't hang out when people are doing that kind of stuff. I'm too busy and simply not interested.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

I do follow celebs like famous business people like Elon Musk, or athlete like Floyd Mayweather who is also a genius in personal branding.

You just need to find people who share similar interest.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I do follow celebs like famous business people like Elon Musk, or athlete like Floyd Mayweather who is also a genius in personal branding.

You just need to find people who share similar interest.
I'm more interested in the successful rather than the famous. I love biographies of the successful. What was special about them? What did they do that was different from the people around them? How did they take the same circumstances and time period to do what others around them didn't or couldn't do? But, aren't we talking about the same thing with famous people? What makes them famous? What about them gathers a following? What did they do that was different from the scores of people around them? Isn't that what we're trying to do? Create a following of customers? Don't we want to create something "sticky" that draws people to us and our products/businesses? How do you know what people are thinking, what they need, and what's important to them unless you talk to them?
The bottom line here is that it does take a lot of people's participation to create our success.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I'm more interested in the successful rather than the famous. I love biographies of the successful. What was special about them? What did they do that was different from the people around them? How did they take the same circumstances and time period to do what others around them didn't or couldn't do? But, aren't we talking about the same thing with famous people? What makes them famous? What about them gathers a following? What did they do that was different from the scores of people around them? Isn't that what we're trying to do? Create a following of customers? Don't we want to create something "sticky" that draws people to us and our products/businesses? How do you know what people are thinking, what they need, and what's important to them unless you talk to them?
The bottom line here is that it does take a lot of people's participation to create our success.
Exactly. Biographies tell a lot.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
No

But this also depends on intent, right?

I don't expect to have amazing conversations with everyone all the time. It makes it enjoyable when I do get that oppurtunity.

That doesn't mean that interacting with someone who isn't an entrepreneur wouldn't be valuable.

Do you no longer converse with your family, or a stranger at a party/event, or someone you are interacting with in general life just because they don't fit your same mold of "valuable"?

Not only does that sound elitist.... but it sounds lonely.

Everyone has their own interesting qualities. I certainly can't hold a conversation about TV shows, but that wouldn't ever mean I couldn't find something interesting to talk to your average person about, or even learn something from them or about them.

IntelligentIdiot

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
550%
May 19, 2023

I stopped trying to interact with anyone that doesn’t have a growth mindset because quite frankly, most people seem like morons and are quick to shut down any non-scripted concepts or truth, they get offended so easily and I’m just over the mental drain. It feels alienating (but refreshing) and I don’t like feeling antisocial, but with most people I’m just over it pretty quick, they have no life or imagination to them. Anyone else feel similar

There’s been some good comments in here, and I tend to agree with MJ’s replies. I feel some are getting my initial post misconstrued. I’ve always been able to analyze someone or see a different viewpoint. I wasn’t alluding to me being a socially awkward basement dweller that’s incapable of conversation lol

I’d also agree with comments saying you can learn something from anyone, whether positive or negative I believe that. I’m also not saying everyone I talks to needs to be some wildly successful individual or an entrepreneur. My point is that I don’t want to engage with anyone that doesn’t have any *life* in them. Whether that’s passion for their hobbies, career, creativity, or overall mindset. I’d be friends with a homeless guy if he had some type of spirit, not everything is about business.
I simply feel like a lot of people have lost or never had this.

While I can have a conversation about anything on a surface level, does anyone really want to be close friends with someone whose entire dialogue is centered around news headlines, sports, complaints, and endless consumption? I don’t

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
In fact, one of the huge benefits of hosting the Fastlane Summit was that I FINALLY get to be around my people.

Do you miss this? .....cause I do! ( the FL Summit specifically )

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
There’s been some good comments in here, and I tend to agree with MJ’s replies. I feel some are getting my initial post misconstrued. I’ve always been able to analyze someone or see a different viewpoint. I wasn’t alluding to me being a socially awkward basement dweller that’s incapable of conversation lol

I’d also agree with comments saying you can learn something from anyone, whether positive or negative I believe that. I’m also not saying everyone I talks to needs to be some wildly successful individual or an entrepreneur. My point is that I don’t want to engage with anyone that doesn’t have any *life* in them. Whether that’s passion for their hobbies, career, creativity, or overall mindset. I’d be friends with a homeless guy if he had some type of spirit, not everything is about business.

While I can have a conversation about anything on a surface level, does anyone really want to be close friends with someone whose entire dialogue is centered around news headlines, sports, complaints, and endless consumption? I don’t
It is the difference between your inner circle and the rest of the people around you. Listen twice as much as you talk. Ask open-ended questions when you do talk. Ask about them. It's their favorite subject. Steer the conversation with your questions.

Also, everyone has a "stated reason" for what they do. They make a statement and everyone shakes their head in agreement and don't question that reason. If you can get under that statement, they almost always have a real reason for what they do. That's their "underlying reason". You'd be amazing at people's real motivations and reasons when you push aside their canned public reasons.

I was struck by your sentence:

Why? Where did they lose it? Every person on our planet has dreams and wishes. What happened to that person that makes them a shell of a person?

I think about Ruby, a woman I mentored. She was a subservient to a dominant man. She spoke in whispers and her eyes were always down in submission. I found out that she wanted to get her GED. She was on disability because she was supposed to be mentally retarded. Come to find out she read on a 3 grade level. We got her a tutor. Within a year she was reading on a high school level. They kicked her off disability benefits because she's become a different person from the beat-down one she was. She is living in Texas and working. She passed the test for her driver's license. This move came about because her dominant husband hit her again, and she left him. How did this all start? Her mother sold her to a cousin for sex when she was about 12 years ago. Her mother got $1,000 per month for the deal. Ruby spent just about a lifetime paying for that deal.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
It was always the case for me. Even before Covid or at Uni when I was very outgoing and meeting people, it has always been a hurdle. The most difficult thing was that it was so difficult to have a conversation about something with a "deeper" meaning, or at least try to understand how the other person sees the world, or how the human experience is for them. People really prefer small talk which is safer.

Also, For my case, I can also add two items to that list from MJ:
1) Do you know what my kid did/said the other day? (No one cares)
2) Gossip...Oh my goodness so much gossip! Like I care who had sex with whom!

In addition, nowadays, It is very difficult to discuss viewpoints on a subject without offending people. Many people will not put the effort to think about what not who we are discussing, and put their views under some scrutiny. Asking them to change views if they make no sense? Asking them to understand WHY they feel the way they feel? Forget about it!

And the funny part is now with the prevalence of social media people are inside a constant confirmation bias.

Try having a normal civilized and respectful conversation, if you are crazy enough, about politics, religion, and sexuality nowadays. It is pure pain. NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARE...Isn't that a song?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you miss this? .....cause I do! ( the FL Summit specifically )

I miss the gathering, I do not miss the 3 months of hellish organization that comes prior, chasing people down to pay, verifying tickets, organizing this, that, and worse, preparing to speak for 45 minutes.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I miss the gathering, I do not miss the 3 months of hellish organization that comes prior, chasing people down to pay, verifying tickets, organizing this, that, and worse, preparing to speak for 45 minutes.

I hear you on that! I am sure it was easier way back in the days when it was just 25 of us and you could pop in at a point then meet us at the Mariani's.

Running events is an incredible feat, esp with the numbers from the forum now, you can't just do small things anymore.

I say we go 10k+ and just get 20-30 out to Utah :D

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

Your totally welcome to come down here to the DFW meetup, we don't do any of that lol. Just take a seat, grab a beer, and let's all just have fun and chat like we were all long lost friends.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas

Once you read MJ's books, there's no going back to the "normal" way of the world and how it works. it changes your mind, wakes you up to a whole new reality that most people do not see or wish to see. And you will feel alone, and isolated, in many ways because of the knowledge you know.

I have learned to deal with it, in the years of discovering the material. I spoke about it a lot to friends and family trying to get them to see my POV. But that's a big no-no. I think it's much better to keep it yourself.

This is just my POV, but what I find hard nowadays in my situation is that my immediate family and close friends at times don't even want to get to know you and what you up to, the will only ask, if you pay attention to what's happening in their life. This unfortunately was due to my lack of interest in other people's lives when I came back to Texas. I would just complain or get way too excited about business stuff. This though, overtime gets exhausting to the party members involved within your group to the point they all just break away. *I wouldn't blame them*, but then this causes isolation on your part, thinking no one wants to get to know you and you start to wonder why. But this is changing.

Another thing I have found for a part of my life is that every time I achieved something, others would be envious instead of loving. I could name a few examples:

1. Getting a new car -> Parents had to get new car(s).
2. Chase Sapphire Reserved CC ($10k limit) -> My parents weren't happy.
3. Getting a job -> No response.
4. Paying off debt -> No response.

The list could go on and on. A church buddy even admitted to me indirectly that he wanted to be in my position and he looked up to me because of where I was in life. I find it hard to find people who don't want to be envious or who want to "have" my life. This is by no means me being egotistical.

But it just seems to me that when you achieve some kind of success, people would rather be envious, than come from a loving state of mind. Thus, I ask myself why I even try.

Also finding love within your family gets even harder when you feel very hollow on the inside.

But I do have a friend that I am still in contact with to this day and he's not jealous at all. But I to a degree have closed myself off and even my older sister has admitted to me this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.