The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with Constant Demand

Anything related to matters of the mind

Brett877

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Oct 9, 2014
Missouri
How do you mentally deal with constant demand? I have found lately on the start of my fast lane transition that its all me, always me and all the calls and emails are to me. And it is very overwhelming, especially working 60+ hours a week and trying to manage the family. Now im not bitching I choose this path because I love it, but what are some tips and tricks to keep your mind sharp and not drawn down and meet the expectations of the customers.

I often find myself, just saying F$%# It and pushing something off because its just to much stuff to deal with, that's not good business and im aware of that. I feel its because either a) Im overloaded or b) just mentally fatigue.

What do you do to keep your mind focused and not overloaded? and what do you do to keep those really demanding people in check, the kind that are always at your heels.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
I just made a thread like this, I'm in the same boat. Scheduling, something I'm not good at seems to be the trick.

I work 7 days a week, or at least have almost the entire time I've been self employed (1 year, 1 month), not too long ago scheduling a day off to recharge, or even a block of time on a day to do nothing work related (it's so hard with the way my mind works not to be thinking about work and ideas) has definitely improved my overall well being.

I also took up a few hobbies (sporting clay shooting, muay thai kickboxing, and I religiously power lift 3 days a week) I need some outside stuff to relieve pressure from work and to ultimately keep me from burning out. This make me better able to deal with the demand when it's time to.

I liked some of the suggestions in my recent thread to hire people for tasks that you can hire people for especially if it's stuff you aren't proficient in.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I felt a bit overworked lately from 100+ hour weeks for a year straight so I said F*ck it and went sailing for 2 weeks. Did a minimum of work from underways via laptop and iphone hotspot (1-2h every 3-4 days, only answered customer requests with templates) and made more money in those 2 weeks than the 2 weeks hustling 14-16h per day before.

The power of a fastlane business... :cool:

Try it, I feel recharged to the max :)

Also, consider firing the PITA customers..

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Hobbies or anything you can go do or schedule and look forward to are a big positive.

The other is saying no, a lot. You have to decide what's most important to do with the time you have to work, and do the most effective things during that time. The book "essentialism" is all about this, find what's essential, kill the rest. And have something personal to look forward too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.