The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dead-End Sh*t Jobs ... Yours?

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Oct 10, 2023
I'm posting this here in Your Fastlane Plan because sometimes, dead-end jobs are a necessary evil. We all have bills and obligations to pay -- sometimes dead-end *shit* jobs are just the bandaid we need to pay the bills while our greater focus is put into our efforts on business growth.

So with that said, what Dead-End *shit* jobs have you had? Do you currently have?
I was thinking back to all the crap jobs I've had and I am amazed I had the fortitude to endure it all.

My list:

1) Pizza delivery (Had to mop floors too)
2) Subway sandwich lunch driver (Lasted 3 weeks)
3) *Student* Painter (Lasted 6 weeks)
4) Charity organization can collector
5) Bus boy, Chinese restaurant (cockroaches in back!!!)
6) Wholesale flower deliverer
7) Plumbing day laborer
8) Stock boy, Sears Roebuck
9) Newspaper delivery at 3am in the morning
10) Hospital TV system auditor (lasted 2 days)

Much of these jobs I had after college graduation. :nonod:

If you find yourself in a *shit* job, take a deep breath and reassure yourself that it is only temporary. Your job is no predictor of your true potential but only a byproduct of your circumstances and your choices.

I did my best thinking while enduring these jobs -- I remember mopping floors and coming up with ideas as well as stockpiling motivation. The thoughts "I'm better than this!" builds and builds until the fire under your a$$ can no longer be tolerated and leaping into action is no longer an option, but a survival move.
Writing this makes me hate myself so much... Idk if I'm a lazy person or just stupid

- sell baby porridge (need to wake up 4.30 in the morning)
- tutoring until night 10 pm
- sell phone spare parts (mop the floor, the owner cut my salary because a co-worker steal something)
- cashier in a gaming cafe (mop the floor, clean the toilet, clean the smoker table full of trash and ash, the owner cut my salary cause customer steal something)
- back to tutoring again
- storage staff for clothes store (rats are there, toxic coworkers, my salary never full because red date in calendar - so how's that my fault?:))
- store staff in a petshop (mopping floor, clean the rack, work nightshift, and again the owner cut my salary because a co-worker steal money)

I don't mind mopping floor most of the time. But I will not let them cut my salary the 2nd time, when that time happened I resigned.

Gosh I do feel like shit that's why I'm currently looking for specialized labor job rather than labor job to fulfill my need. And I do write down in calendar this time as the deadline.

Open for feedback and critic to my mindset

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 12, 2024
I guess my job is not as f*cked up as some which I saw here, but for some reason it just stopped bringing me joy and I hate every morning when I wake up for work

JimmyJonCricket

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Apr 2, 2024
My dead end shit job history:

1) Corn Detassiling (They hired kids 13+ rather than over 16, some weirdos who couldn't get actual work, and some immigrant workers who made bank and went back home. I actually look back fondly on this.)

2) Cashier @ Zellers (2 months before they closed all locations. Fired for stealing a 20 (they didn't say I stole it, but 20 was missing out the till and I definitely stole 20 lol!)

3) Waiter at a Sushi Restaurant. (Was alright but I was socially retarded so not the job for me)

Graduated and received a 2 yr college diploma for managing Computer Systems/IT.

4) ISP Technical Support (Miserable but didn't realize it at the time)

5) Banking rep for one of the big 5 banks here in Canada (Miserable)

6) IT Operations for that same bank (miserable, but felt like I was moving up in the world, wasted 3 years here where I should have left after 1)

7) Current Job: IT Analyst (Pays much more, awesome team, good experience, taking college classes for Cybersecurity on the side. Actually started enjoying work. Working on paying off debt, getting back in shape and not being such a punk. Huge mindset improvement. I've been here 1.5 years. Pivoting into building on the side)

Last edited:

DonyaSze

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jan 17, 2024
I did my best thinking while enduring these jobs -- I remember mopping floors and coming up with ideas as well as stockpiling motivation. The thoughts "I'm better than this!" builds and builds until the fire under your a$$ can no longer be tolerated and leaping into action is no longer an option, but a survival move.
^^^ This.

I worked as a temporary janitor, and I came up with such great ideas while doing it.

Most importantly, when I worked as a Graphic Designer and the heavy labor was wreaking havoc on my little ol body, just like you MJ a fire lit under my butt and it kept getting bigger and bigger every day every time I thought about my dream entrepreneurial journey until I was laid off and was like thinking in my brain 'YES!! I can work on my dream now!' I failed and had to go back to work only to get laid off again and quit another because of health reasons loool, but now I'm working on my dream again!! Due to interesting things, I have finances enough to exist while I work on the project and also wait for some real estate to sell to help pay for my project to get completed faster.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.