The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DC Options/Futures Trader glad 2 b here

April

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jan 24, 2008
Hi All,

Let me introduce myself. My name is April, I live in Washington DC and I have a business in Asset Management/Allocation.

Firstly, before going in to my story I would like to thank the moderator for creating a wonderful site for growing entrepreneurs, like me, and movers and shaker, whom have acheived their initial financial goals.

Now back to me. By trade, I have a degree in Biology and have worked in Biomedical Research as a Microbiologist for 10 years. I also have two years training in stock option strategies and have been trading for four years. Although I have passion for science and loved my job, I desired more control; so one year ago I quit my job. I have always been an entrepreneur by nature, aggressive and with little fear so I began to trade actively. I have two children and my husband didn't want me to quit but he supports me anyway. We also have one investment property.

I am researching and searching out someone, in DC or where ever, to let me work for them or something for knowledge. I know I'm going to make it but I would really like to make it sooner than later and learn from someone a lot wiser.

There is a lot more but I don't want to overextend my intro and put anyone to sleep...:sleep:

So I am excited to be apart of this forum and I look forward too chatting with who ever want to chat with me.:tiphat:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
April, Thank you for the intro! I takes a lot of courage to move from a safe, highly educated job (microbiologist, wow!) to the the unpredictable world of entrepreneuring.

April

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jan 24, 2008
Thank you. I had to do it because I live my life with no regrets. I'm 31 and know tha I always will have options ;-)

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
Welcome April! I'm also an options trader, i'd like to hear more about the types of strategies you use. You'll find a lot of directional equity traders here and even some forex traders. I'm more of a hedged premium seller with my options trading and I mostly trade liquid ETFs or liquid index trades (SPX & RUT).

I used to keep a blog in the stocks and options trading section of the butterflies and spreads I was trading, but I stopped because there didn't seem to be much interest. Here's the link:

Options - Iron Condors, Vertical Spreads, Flys

I like kicking around ideas with other traders so check it out when you get a chance.

April

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jan 24, 2008
Well hello and nice to meet ya. I am partial to stradle/strangle plays but like them all. I am a swing trader with options, where I am looking mostly for growth stock and I trade the S&P. I don't like to occupy a lot of capital so I usually won't utilize strategies where I have to buy stocks.

There probably wasn't much interest because most people who trade, unless professionally, do not understand options (spreads, greeks, volitility, ect.) or the advantages or disadvantages of trading options. Are you more technical or fundemental in your analysis?

I trade for income and growth and have a flow through entity for protection and tax reduction. I am also very interested in realstate and am researching buying an apartment building. Are you only trading?

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
Well hello and nice to meet ya. I am partial to stradle/strangle plays but like them all. I am a swing trader with options, where I am looking mostly for growth stock and I trade the S&P. I don't like to occupy a lot of capital so I usually won't utilize strategies where I have to buy stocks.

There probably wasn't much interest because most people who trade, unless professionally, do not understand options (spreads, greeks, volitility, ect.) or the advantages or disadvantages of trading options. Are you more technical or fundemental in your analysis?

I trade for income and growth and have a flow through entity for protection and tax reduction. I am also very interested in realstate and am researching buying an apartment building. Are you only trading?

I use a combination of technical analysis, probability analysis, and fundamental analysis.

No, I am not trading only, I am still in the rat race with a JOB, i'm in the process of starting another business, and I have some SFR rentals. I am planning on using my trading profits to move into commercial.

So is your entity an LLC or a Corp? Is it for trading only?

April

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jan 24, 2008
Hey,

That sounds great. Are you using indicators for your technical probability analysis? It sounds like we have a lot in common, minus the job part ;-)

I have an LLC for my trading and a C-corp, that manages my LLC. When I move to commerical I will have that in an LLC as well and my C-corp will manage that as well.

What type of business are you starting and what type have you had in the past?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
hey April, welcome aboard... I hope you enjoy the forum. It is very good that people with experience join s, that improves the quality of the forum.

There are at least two more members of the forum in the DC area (I live in Sterling, VA).

April

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jan 24, 2008
thank you for the compliment. Nice to meet you and I hope to meet the other washingtonians on this forum. I'm glad to see that there is someone in my area because I feel very alone when it comes to business here in DC ;-(

I have been enjoying the forum thus far and I really love how the range of starters to the most advanced are able to communicate on a very real level. I appreciate a venue like this one...

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
hey April, welcome aboard... I hope you enjoy the forum. It is very good that people with experience join s, that improves the quality of the forum.

There are at least two more members of the forum in the DC area (I live in Sterling, VA).

I forgot you live in my back yard!

Welcome April!

OOPS i did not see that this was last posted on in January, i appoligize!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...