What's new

Ready to dive in and glad to be here

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

C-Jay

Audeamus
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Aug 7, 2017
Messages
146
Location
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Rep Bank
$1,015
User Power: 275%
Hi fastlane folks,
I'm C-Jay. I'm a 25 year old Canadian dude in Ottawa, Ontario.
I live comfortably earning a respectable slowlane wage as a federal public servant. While amongst many of my friends, 90k a year is "rolling in it", I suffer from perpetual boredom in my day job despite working 50 hours a week and being on the "fast track" for promotion, etc.
I crave a new challenge, most notably one that will grant me the ultimate privilege: freedom over my time. For months I have been exploring avenues of earning. I learned all about the stock market and got into it, thinking it was the solution. I bought cryptocurrencies and am doing quite well. I am dabbling in peer to peer lending. While all good things, they tend to be mostly slowlane at the level I'm currently operating.
Most recently, I've poured my research time into e-commerce and coding for purposes of app development. I've solicited a good friend of mine to teach me his trade (web design) in exchange for my knowledge on investing/finance. At this point, I have not decided on a particular "monogamous" approach I want to take, but I'm exploring new options almost daily.
I read TMF over this past weekend and was riveted. I have read 30+ books on finance, business, investing, etc, but have never felt my eyes open quite like they did over the weekend. For me, I'm finally accepting that the fastlane journey has my name on it. I have no illusions about the future reactions of my friends and family (luckily, I'm single with no kids as of yet). They'll think I'm choosing to be a lazy drifter and that I will be giving up the comfortable slowlane income I've worked so hard for, in exchange for the trials of the unknown. I'm okay with this. I have a good track record when it comes to taking on new challenges but I expect this to be the biggest of all. I understand the raw commitment to work I have in front of me. There will be no paid vacations. No dental plan. I'm ready to accept that.
I hope this forum can serve as an opportunity for me to pick the brains of successful entrepreneurs. First and foremost, I need to identify my path. How exactly will I fulfill a need? I look forward to the day in the very near future that I identify that and tend my resignation from the slowlane. I am most excited about the journey and hope to become a valuable contributor here on the forum.
Thanks for having me, @MJ DeMarco and all community members,
CJ

PS. Unscripted is in the mail! Looking forward to it.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Zua esi op e aporai tquv. Fup'v raov zuas kuc apvom zua esi op vji dussidv qutovoup. Tewi zuas nupiz epf tvesv zuas catopitt xovj ettivt!

Iwiszvjoph ot tuuuu nadj ietois xjip zua jewi deqovem cijopf zua. Ov cetodemmz emmuxt zua vu hiv qetv nepz ug vji cessoist vu ipvsz.
 
Gostv epf gusinutv, O piif vu ofipvogz nz qevj. Jux iyedvmz xomm O gamgomm e piif?
Ximduni vu vji gusan D-Kez, madlomz gus zua, xi mowi op e xusmf gommif nusi xovj dunqmeopvt/dunqmeopist vjep qsucmin-tumwist, katv gsun djidloph uav e huuf gix qutvt up vji gusan, zua'mm duni edsutt vjuti xju caomv taddittgam qsufadvt/tiswodit gsun iyqmusoph vji nesliv epf siduhpotoph xjev qiuqmi xisi dunqmeopoph ecuav epf vjip vjiz effif wemai cz onqsuwoph vjev qesvodames vjoph.

Tunivonit xi giim et og xi piif vu siopwipv vji xjiim epf ci gostv ev dsievoph tunivjoph pix, epf xjomi opfiif, vjot eqqmoit op foggisipv etqidvt, fiqipfoph up xjev tumavoup zua'si csophoph vu vji nesliv, ov otp'v emxezt pidittesz.

Et xi dupvopauatmz miesp, xi vseptovoup gsun dunqmeopoph vu tumwoph xjip xi txovdj gsun duptanis-vjoploph vu qsufadis-vjoploph, ov jimqt at uwistvepf vjopht foggisipvmz. Vjot ot xjisi nutv vonit xi hu gsun katv jewoph ofiet, vu tiioph tumavoupt gmuevoph esuapf at.

Tu, et zua quas nusi vjuahjv opvu xjev vzqi ug piif(t) zua'si muuloph vu gamgom, tqipf tuni voni motvipoph vu xjev qiuqmi xepv vjsuahj vjios dunqmeopvt. Zuas kuc ot upi ug vji citv qmedit vu tvesv epf vjip zua dep iyqepf gsun vjisi.
 
Vjeplt gus vji sitquptit gumlt. O xup'v satj opvu epzvjoph vuu getv, cav O fup'v qmep vu xetvi nadj voni iovjis. O'f muwi vu hiv tvesvif op i-dunnisdi epf jewi ciip fuoph qsufadv sitiesdj. O lpux vjev updi O tii iwip e movvmi nupiz duni op hipisevoph cz niept uvjis vjep nz kuc/tvepfesf opwitvnipvt, O'mm ci juulif.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom