The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mike Mescodi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Sep 10, 2017
New York, NY
Hey Tribe,

Notebook Notes:
Sometimes I get up feeling like I can conquer anything I set my my mind to.
I get a sense of hope and inspiration. My attitude is bright and enthusiastic but on other days I wake up feeling crappy and frustrated. I get upset because I'm not where I want to be. I'm not financially free. Still living paycheck to paycheck in a state of constant stress. I'm at the point where I know I must cultivate a stronger Eq because at the end of the day everybody has problems. Whatever creed, color, race or tax bracket. No one goes through life without it. The secret in my opinion is to put out fires and untie knots all while keeping my emotions balanced.

My emotions are the effects of what's going on in my head. What thought patterns you choose to adapt. So even though it may seem as though things are terrible as long as I continue to do the important stuff. things will turn around for me. I also realized that reading biographies of successful figures seem to give me a perspective of hope and motivation.

On those days when you're feeling fed up and frustrated for not being where you want to be yet, whatever your idea of success is. What helps you to conquer your days of frustration?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
On those days when you're feeling fed up and frustrated for not being where you want to be yet, whatever your idea of success is. What helps you to conquer your days of frustration?

I enjoy reading biographies too, as well as some other books that motivates me. But the #1 thing I do to overcome frustration is to take action and do something ( it could be a quick and easy task or a real challenge ) that takes me closer to my long term goal. Then, even though I'm not where I want to be, I know I'm getting there

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida

Just take a step. One step.

See how you feel afterwards. If you feel better, take another step. If not, wait a day and take just One step.

If it's still hard try using a little stoicism. I sometimes tell myself "I'm going to make this one step whether or not that d*mn step wants to made."

Now go get em'!

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
For me, I meditate; sometimes I put music on and dance the hell out of it (well, if I'm home); other times, I may take a walk or a drive (temporary change of scenery helps place things back into perspective). I am learning that my frustrations are inner signals telling myself to shake things up a bit, when I do so and I return to doing what I was originally doing, it helps me see things a bit fresher and my execution is improved.

Diamond France

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 25, 2017
Philippines
It seems that we have the same feelings and thought. Its good that at least you write it down and express it. If you feel frustrated sometimes in life, just remember how blessed you are. Everybody received same scenario but its our response that matters the most.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada

The next step of whatever I'm working on.

I find frustration comes from not knowing what to do, or how to do it, or not seeing the results of what you're doing.

If there's a next step, it gives you something to focus on, and hope of change.

If there's no next step, then you have nothing to look forward to, no chance of change, and despair sets in.

Have a game plan. Set aside an entire day to plan out your next steps if needed. Take two. But put those steps into place and get to work. If you have nothing to work on, you'll never get out of the rut.

And sometimes, if you are in the middle of things and feel down anyway and have lots to work on, maybe just take a day and do something else and get back to it tomorrow. Nothing wrong with a little day off or reset here and there as long as you have a plan and are working towards it every other day. Spend time with family, go fishing, go hiking, spend time with the kids or girlfriend or friends and do something that makes you feel awesome. Whatever you do - don't mope around feeling down. Get your body and mind moving in positive ways, however you choose to do that.

KrzyszWawrzyniak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2017
Great Britain
- Working out
- Taking day off
- Spending time with other people
- Going for a walk
- Taking a cold shower (REALLY cold)
- Doing something unusual, even awkward - unless in hindsight it turns out to be funny, enjoyable or somehow useful. For example, the last unusual thing I did was my attempt to date 40 years old woman. It was pretty funny and unusual - and that's why it adds a lot of energy and makes you to think more clearly. Another example might be exercising in the way I've never exercised before - makes you to learn new movements and try something that might be better than what you've been doing.
Basically the point is to kill the routine - it automatically set your brain in the way it should have been working.

Try those things - they always work.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.